Corrective Color....Calling all Color Experts...HELP!!!!!

ItsyBitsy

As some of you may have read I had a really traumatic salon experience this weekend :sad:. This drama included a relaxer & a color job (semi Permenant) gone very bad. My hair is burgandy with a purplish cast to it. This is NOT the look I was going for. I'm unsure of the brand she used but I think it was from the Beautiful Collection from Sally's.

In hopes of covering the color I purchased the Matrix Prisms-Plus in Neutral Brown. Do you think this will completely cover the burgandy color? Are there any steps I should take before applying the matrix... like clarifying first, sitting under the dryer ect.? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. TIA

Bosslady1

Hmmm...I would advise you to go to a salon that specializes in coloring hair.

Redken is one salon I know that specializes in hair coloring.

HTH!:ohwell:

Oh! And it is too early to be messing with your hair!:yep:

ItsyBitsy

Hmmm...I would advise you to go to a salon that specializes in coloring hair.

Redken is one salon I know that specializes in hair coloring.

HTH!:ohwell:

Oh! And it is too early to be messing with your hair!:yep:

Is it because I just relaxed? I thought since the Matrix was a cellophanes It was okay :perplexed
OH GOD I really don't want to go back to a salon :nono: :sad: :wallbash:

Bosslady1

Is it because I just relaxed? I thought since the Matrix was a cellophanes It was okay :perplexed

Well I would figure...

relaxer + color + color = not good:ohwell:

But that is just my opinion. Wait it out a bit! Is the color that disgusting?

I know you might not want to visit another salon...:sad:

Twisties

I remember your post about your visit. Sorry this happened, but I dont know about trying to fix yourself. I was always told color corrections should be done by a professional colorist - someone who specializes in fixing mistakes.

Maybe someone else has experienced this and hasn't logged on to see your post for help. Keep bumping it and see what happens.

I kind of think the back to back chemical processes (you got a touch up and color, then u did another color at home?) would give you a set back maybe.

I really hope you can get it fixed.

KhandiB

If Its a semi perm you can semi over it

But in my head I cannot see a brown covering a red that well

When I had bad color days I just used black ..

BUT the brown might add nice highlights , especially if it has a red base ..

If you dont want to go black, you might as well just wash your hair frequently for the next few weeks and then try the new color...

hOnii

maybe you can find a toner with ash or green undertones in it to neutralize the burgundy. i would probably head to a salon though to ensure the correct color this time around

janeemat

As some of you may have read I had a really traumatic salon experience this weekend :sad:. This drama included a relaxer & a color job (semi Permenant) gone very bad. My hair is burgandy with a purplish cast to it. This is NOT the look I was going for. I'm unsure of the brand she used but I think it was from the Beautiful Collection from Sally's.

In hopes of covering the color I purchased the Matrix Prisms-Plus in Neutral Brown. Do you think this will completely cover the burgandy color? Are there any steps I should take before applying the matrix... like clarifying first, sitting under the dryer ect.? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. TIA

This color should work fine. I use Neutral Brown and cool brown in the matrix prizms plus. I actually like the Matrix better than Sebastian. Clarifying will remove some of the other color, so that's a good idea. Sit under the dryer with a plastic cap for about 25 min. Rinse it out only, no need to shampoo. I usually follow with a nice cond for about 10 min. Not only will it give you a nice color and shine, but you will also love the smell of it.

janeemat

Matrix is a cellophane. I get it everytime I get my relaxer and have re-applied it 2 wks later. It's very safe to use with a relaxer. I'm fighting some grays.

ItsyBitsy

Well I would figure...

relaxer + color + color = not good:ohwell:

But that is just my opinion. Wait it out a bit! Is the color that disgusting?

I know you might not want to visit another salon...:sad:

Yes, i think it's ugly...too bright & add to that I work in a "Corporate" setting, it's just not a good look :nono:

I cringe at the thought of going back to another salon :nono: I was just hoping to cover the semi with a semi like Kandi suggested.

To try and wash this color out would take weeks if not months. I thought about clarifying a couple of times & then applying the matrix without heat & just cover with a plastic cap for about 30 mins :ohwell: I don't know... I really feel like crying.......

ItsyBitsy

This color should work fine. I use Neutral Brown and cool brown in the matrix prizms plus. I actually like the Matrix better than Sebastian. Clarifying will remove some of the other color, so that's a good idea. Sit under the dryer with a plastic cap for about 25 min. Rinse it out only, no need to shampoo. I usually follow with a nice cond for about 10 min. Not only will it give you a nice color and shine, but you will also love the smell of it.

Janeemat...Do you think applying the Neutral Brown over the burgandy will cause my hair to turn green?

janeemat

Yes, i think it's ugly...too bright & add to that I work in a "Corporate" setting, it's just not a good look :nono:

I cringe at the thought of going back to another salon :nono: I was just hoping to cover the semi with a semi like Kandi suggested.

To try and wash this color out would take weeks if not months. I thought about clarifying a couple of times & then applying the matrix without heat & just cover with a plastic cap for about 30 mins :ohwell: I don't know... I really feel like crying.......

Itsy, don't cry. Do your hair tonight. You will be much happier tomorrow. That color will appear dark brown over your hair. I used a red on grays and had them firey red and it certainly covered them making them look black. Adding the neutral brown on top of the color you have should really look good giving it a nice highlight. Trust me on this one because I use Matrix Prizms plus all the time and love it!

janeemat

Janeemat...Do you think applying the Neutral Brown over the burgandy will cause my hair to turn green?

My Sebastian started turning my gray hair green. My first purchase about 3 months ago was Matrix neutral brown and red brown. I poured the neutral brown in a bowl and added just a little red brown. This took care of my green hair. Do you have gray hair? I've been experimenting with cool brown, neutral brown and red brown only because I'm trying to get the perfect mix for my grays?

ItsyBitsy

I appreciate all the advise you all have given me. I'm trying to calm the heck down :perplexed I am seriously freaking out over here.......