Conditioning Satin Scarf

Crysdon

I went to the beauty supply store last night to pick up a few items and I had remembered that I needed a new head scarf. I looked at the satin scarfs because my silk scarf is starting to fall apart. Well, my niece was with me and she suggested that I get my favorite color, which is Lilac. She found a pretty Lilac one and put it in my basket. When I got home, I noticed that she picked up a "conditioning satin scarf" and not a regular satin scarf.

I shampooed with Creme of Nature moisturizing shampoo, gave myself a deep conditioning treatment under the heat cap with LeKair's Cholesterol conditioner and I did a roller set. After taking the rollers out, I wrapped my hair with the new scarf. My hair does feel silky and straight, but I don't know if it's the scarf or my regimine that made it that way.

Has anyone bought this and if so, does it work?

I bought a pink conditioning scarf. I didn't really notice too much difference. But I like my black non conditioning scarf better. I didn't like how the scarf had a matte look to it. My black scarf was silky and shiny and when I put a little wildgrowth on my ends and slapped on the scarf, my hair was just as good as the conditioned scarf. Your scarf might be conditioning though.

Just some words of advice, you have to replace the scarf every month, you can't wash it, or you lose the conditioning benefits, and if you don't put it in a ziplock baggie that closes, it will dry up and be useless.

You're right Skegeesmb. The directions on the scarf says that it will last 2 months if you put it back in the original package that it came in.

I have never used a satin scarf before, all of my scarves have been silk and they're pretty expensive at $28 a pop! My pockets can't handle it anymore /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The conditioning scarf has a silky feel to it and it smells like baby powder. The directions also says that the conditioner is impregnated into the scarf and it works with body heat, so everytime you put it on, your hair rubs into the conditioner and keeps the ends moisturized. I hope it works. I'm going to continue to use it even after the 2 months are over.

Crysdon, if you like silk scarves, I have found really nice designer ones at TJ Maxx and Marshall's for less than $10.

The scarf you ladies are talking about it is the ones advertised in the black hair magazines with the illustrated models?

Thanks Nyambura. I've been buying the Echo silk scarves at Marshal Field's. I'm definitely going to go to TJ Maxx and Marshall's next weekend.

LondonDiva,

I'm not sure. /images/graemlins/confused.gif I haven't bought a haircare book in months.

I bought my conditioning scarf at the local beauty supply store and it's just a regular satin scarf with conditioner interwoven into the threads. It could be a gimmick, but I guess I'm stuck with it and I'll let you know if I've seen a major difference in my hair.

Crysdon, if you are talking about those Cristina satin magic scarves sorry to tell you babe but it doesn't work. I bought that one for growth it had a weird smell taht went awa after a couple of week but it didnt do anything. oh well i had needed a satin scarf anyways, plus it wasnt too expensive. when i when back in the store i saw that they have some creme you're suppose to put in your hair before you put it on. people do anything to make money <font color="blue"> </font color>

I like them cause they are inexpensive and I can choose from lots of colors. :) Never really could tell if they conditioned or not...

I know what you are talking about. Funny I bought one of those a couple years ago from like Dollar General (in the black hair care section next to the doo rags) anyway, I wondered about it, so I bought it. I'm not claiming any growth, but my hair was actually better for it. seemed to lay better, act better, and didn't break. Wasn't till I lost that bad boy that my life went down hill... never got another one, but guess what I'm going to do tonight!

When I went to buy my new scarf, I saw those ones but they were more expensive than the normal scarves and I saw that the conditioning only lasts 2 months or something so I put it back.

I have bought the bonnet caps that are conditioning. They are cheap and I got mine from Walmart. I didn't notice the conditioning note until I took out of the package to use it. It does say tho replace once a month but I have mine longer and have washed it. I use moisturizers so it doesn't matter. I really didn't notice and conditioning benefits when I first used it.

They changed these scarves. 5 years ago, they were different. You could actually feel the conditioner on them, and it did leave a "coating" on your hair overnight, it was more like baggying. But the ones they sell now are worthless. Somewhere in time the formula changed, so beware.

Back