Color Showers

ohmysanity

I'm looking for the results of the Dominican Color Showers. It was in someone's fotki but.. I cant' seem to find it?

Has anyone used this product before? What were your results? How long did they last?

I don't have a review YET. I just received my order from RoundBrushHair today and will be trying it out tomorrow.

I've visited "Eisani" fotki and she has beautiful Color Showers results. She's actually the one who made me want to try it out.

I've used Colorshowers for about 8 months now. It's semi permanent so there's no developer or anything to add, just use straight out of the bottle. There are directions on how to use/processing time on the bottle as well.

I don't have a review YET. I just received my order from RoundBrushHair today and will be trying it out tomorrow.

I've visited "Eisani" fotki and she has beautiful Color Showers results. She's actually the one who made me want to try it out.

I saw this after I posted my response to ohmy's question. Thank you NJ!

I've used Colorshowers for about 8 months now. It's semi permanent so there's no developer or anything to add, just use straight out of the bottle. There are directions on how to use/processing time on the bottle as well.

Thanks Eisani!

try jennifermd's fotki - she's the owner of roundbrushhair she has beautiful results in her fotki. HTHs.

I've been waiting to ask this question...

Are colorshowers suppose to be safer for relaxed hair or comparable to the store bought box permanent hair color?

TIA

Cellophanes (Colorshowers, Colourshines, etc) and Semi permanent colors in general are much safer on relaxed hair; chemicals aren't as harsh, peroxide/ammonia free, and they don't raise the cuticle because it acts over the surface of the strands kind of like a sealant. Permanent colors include some type of developer/lifter which raises the cuticle in order to penetrate the hair and they are harsh. I've used both perm and semi perm and my hair has done much better w/o permanent color.

ETA: Wheezy, I'm LOVING that lacquer color!

I used the Mahogany in December (I think), and my hair is still mahogany! I tried to cover it up with a cheaper black semi-perm, but 3 weeks later, I was mahogany again. :lachen: So if nothing else, Color Showers works!

I got mine from www.roundbrushhair.com. It was very easy to use, and not messy at all. I just purchased the dark brown, so I will probably try that next week.

Cellophanes (Colorshowers, Colourshines, etc) and Semi permanent colors in general are much safer on relaxed hair; chemicals aren't as harsh, peroxide/ammonia free, and they don't raise the cuticle because it acts over the surface of the strands kind of like a sealant. Permanent colors include some type of developer/lifter which raises the cuticle in order to penetrate the hair and they are harsh. I've used both perm and semi perm and my hair has done much better w/o permanent color.

ETA: Wheezy, I'm LOVING that lacquer color!

Thanks for the info!

I'm interested in trying a black/dark color to make my hair appear healthy.
(Off to stalk Roundbrush......)

For those of you who've used Colorshowers, did you already have some type of permanent color in your hair before using this rinse?

I ask because anytime a rinse showed up really well on my hair, it was only because of the fact that it was attaching/reflecting off of the permanent color. I don't want to waste my money and this Colorshowers won't even show up on my hair.

For those of you who've used Colorshowers, did you already have some type of permanent color in your hair before using this rinse?

I ask because anytime a rinse showed up really well on my hair, it was only because of the fact that it was attaching/reflecting off of the permanent color. I don't want to waste my money and this Colorshowers won't even show up on my hair.

I didn't have permanent color before using, but my natural color is light like a sandy brown/dirty blonde color and my edges are completely blonde so pretty much any rinse color shows up on my hair.

Are colorshowers and Celaphanes the samething? I was asking because I decieded to let my premature grey come in (tired of put rinses in my hair every two weeks). I am asking because some one told me that the celaphanes would make my grey shine more and I cant seem to find it in my local bss.

i got the brown and my hair is brown, nice colour. i followed the instructions on the bottle.
clarify/ put it on/ dryer/cool down/ etc.

it did nothing for my grey. they didn't even change. they are shinier but no color... not even a gold reflection on them.. :lachen:

i will try it again though.cause i got that big ole bottle.

thank you all for the info and stuff :) I do appreciate it. (This is late, but I had to say thank you!) I'll be buying a color shower soon...possibly doing a semi-perm dye in first, because I'd like to go blond, and my hair is 1b/dark brown-black, so I don't think a rinse is going to get me there.

thank you all for the info and stuff :) I do appreciate it. (This is late, but I had to say thank you!) I'll be buying a color shower soon...possibly doing a semi-perm dye in first, because I'd like to go blond, and my hair is 1b/dark brown-black, so I don't think a rinse is going to get me there.

Semi-perm isn't going to give you blonde hair either. Semi-perm/rinses cannot lighten hair. Dark hair requires a lift in the pigment, which can only come from a product (bleaching/lifting agent) that can reach the cortex, which is where your color comes from. Semi's/rinses do not have the strength to do this; they act only on the surface of the hair. Just an FYI :grin:

What are yall using to apply the rinse? Are yall just pouring it out of the bottle on to your hair? I used Jazzings Bluest Black last time and it was really messy trying to apply it without getting on the scalp.

What are yall using to apply the rinse? Are yall just pouring it out of the bottle on to your hair? I used Jazzings Bluest Black last time and it was really messy trying to apply it without getting on the scalp.

I use a brush that's like a paintbrush and use my fingers to blend in. I have an old cup I pour the cellophane in before using.

I use either a color bowl and perm/color brush, but my fave is a color applicator bottle. I still use the brush for my roots and edges though after the color is applied.

I have used it and the color stays IMO, more like a permanent rinse, if that makes any sense. I have dark brown hair naturally and I used champagne to cover my gray. It left like a reddish bronze highlight on the rest of my hair (that can be picked up in the sun) and covered my grays to an auburn color. They are still colored on the ends, the roots just grow out gray...The first one I did was Feb 21 and that color on my grays is still there...I do have very porous hair, tho-

http://public.fotki.com/FindingMe/february-2008/color-showers-and-l/
http://public.fotki.com/FindingMe/april-2009/april-2008/1005050.html

I like it:yep:, but am trying henna tonight to cover my grays to see if there are additional conditioning capabilities and since I am trying to grow chemicals out of my hair. If henna doesn't work out, I will definitely go back to color showers, no hesitation...i might try to mix the dark brown with the champagne tho- if used in the future for a slightly warmer color...

Back