Coffee,Tea,ACV,AVJ & Ayurvedic Challenge 2013

Aggie

Yep.:grin:

So Come On Girl, and use up some of them Powders you just got sitting around.:yawn:

This is right on time for you to get it Done!:poke:

Think about how good you'll feel this time next year, when them Powders is gone.:yep:

@chebaby

It counts if you want it to count! You know how I roll.:lol:

You see I just told someone they could rinse w/Beer.:lol:...:look:
:lachen:, :rofl: @ rinse with beer. All fun aside though, I like rinsing my hair with beer. It's great for shine and making those cuticles look good:yep:!

I think you should add that one to the original post IDareT'sHair cause I'm gonna be using that one as well now that it was mentioned:giggle:.

@Aggie

Yep.:grin:

So Come On Girl, and use up some of them Powders you just got sitting around.:yawn:

This is right on time for you to get it Done!:poke:

Think about how good you'll feel this time next year, when them Powders is gone.:yep:

I know right, they been sittin' around far too long. Well no more! I am hitting it hard this coming year and hopefully use them up by the middle of the year:woot:.

Oh crap, I just remembered I have fenugreek powder to use up. And perhaps I will add my JBCO and Argan oil to the rinses for added softness to use those up as well. I had them too long:nono:.

@Aggie

That's how I did with Oils (when I started that Oil Challenge). I got tired of looking at those tired looking Oils sitting under my bathroom cabinet.:nono:

Now, 1 year later, I'm in a much better place. :grin:

I now know what Oils I really like/work etc....instead of having alot of miscellaneous Oils sitting around.

My Oil stash has been significantly reduced:yep:

Last edited:
I'm IN for this challenge for sure!

I will be using teas, AVJ & ayurvedic powders in 2013.

Teas (I use loose leaf and chopped root teas)
Black
Neem
Horsetail
Nettle
Saw Palmetto
Catnip
Rosehip
Fenugreek
Chamomile
Marshmallow root:drool:
Burdock root
Slippery elm :love:
Irish Moss(new addition - I added this to my marshmallow/burdock/slippery elm mix and OMG!!! :drool: :drool: The slip was incredible!)
Hibiscus

Ayurvedic
Amla :love:
Brahmi:love:
Kalpi tone
Neem

Last edited:
Aggie i think i remember you mentioning beer rinsing before. ive never done it and im not interested in doing it but i like watching videos o n what it does for other peoples hair.
IDareT'sHair, you know you want to rinse with beer.:giggle:

chebaby, this is true. I love beer rinsing and the fact that it doesn't leave behind a beer smell in my hair once dried. That's a definite plus for me since I like my hair smelling nice and fresh and clean at all times. I especially like the shine.

You have to use a light beer, flat and room temperature, so I would open one, let sit until flat, then pour over my hair in the shower. I would then let it sit while I shower, then rinse it out with slightly cool water.

@chebaby, this is true. I love beer rinsing and the fact that it doesn't leave behind a beer smell in my hair once dried. That's a definite plus for me since I like my hair smelling nice and fresh and clean at all times. I especially like the shine.

You have to use a light beer, flat and room temperature, so I would open one, let sit until flat, then pour over my hair in the shower. I would then let it sit while I shower, then rinse it out with slightly cool water.
that sounds good. the results sound amazing but i think ill stick to tea when i want to rinse with something:lol:
no one here drinks so we never have beer in the house anyway.

OMG, you guys are serious!

Ok, I'm going to keep mine simple: Amla, Nettles, and Cleavers.

Will use tea as the base of my dc:
Hibiscus
Marshmallow root
Rosemary
Fenugreek
Burdock
thyme
Fennel
Green
DC -Catnip
Oolong
Borage

Mid cowash I will use a coffee/tea rinse (Of which some are aryuvedics that I use as tea for ease of use) that I will allow to sit on my hair for a few minutes.

Equal parts coffee along with a brew of the following tea's:
Amla on occasion)
Bhringaraj
Nettle
Saw palmento
Lavendar
Horsetail
Rosehip
Catnip
Peppermint

Followed by a leave in blend of the following tea's and equal parts aloe vera juice:
Roobois
Fenugreek
Marshmallow root
Slippery elm
Malva
Moringa
Lemongrass
Irish moss
Rose Petal

I brew my dc and rinse blends overnight and leave them in the fridge. My leave in blend I brew for only a couple hours and also leave it in the fridge. I use about 2-3 ounces of the rinse's per use.

Enough of my novel now:giggle:

zora, girl what are cleavers? Are they good for scalp issues or are they for growth?

I have fallen off so bad. I tried the black tea rinses for shedding hair and they had no effect. My hair is still shedding, though not as bad since I've been taking garlic pills for my cholesterol. My hair has gotten thin and now I'm starting to get dandruff :(. I'm going to research what I can use for dandruff but if anybody has any suggestions I would appreciate it :D

For now I'm gonna do aloe vera rinses starting this weekend. Thanks for the tag IDareT'sHair i'd forgotten all about this..lol. I need to get serious and keep what hair I have left on my head.

My experience with henna was really bad so I am going to have to do some research before I try anything but the tea rinsing right now.

I'm here...

Most of my products contain large amounts of Ayurvedic ingredients..

I henna too..

Happy Hair Growing!

My experience with henna was really bad so I am going to have to do some research before I try anything but the tea rinsing right now.

*Frisky* I understand,henna can be funny on the hair at times,tea rinsing is good..You still get the strength & softening with-out the messy clean-up

Happy Hair Growing!

I am in. I will seal with AVJ whenever I co-wash or wash my hair and use an Ayurvedic gloss once a month. Ayurvedic glosses are comprised of amla/bhringraj/brahmi/hibiscus or Henna Sooq's Sukesh Ayurveda.

Last edited:
I'm in for everything but AVJ. I just can't talk myself into buy that super sized jug from Walmart. I'm too lazy to list all of my teas and Ayurvedic powders.

Thanks for the mention. I'm in. I will be using teas and some Ayurvedic powders.

Right now I have:
Teas
Nettle Leaf
Marshmallow
Burdock Root
Saw Palmetto Berries
Chamomile

Ayurvedic Powders

I've been wanting to ask but not sure where to ask this so I'll ask here. I bought some bhringraj and brahmi powders (Hesh brand--purchased online) but they don't have an expiration date. I'm not sure if they are safe to use because my neem powder (also by Hesh but purchased locally) has an expiration date. Do you think they are safe to use? If you don't think I should use them--can you recommend a reliable source?

I plan to try the teas and powders one by one so that I can try to really pay attention to how they react with my hair. But maybe I should get some type of conditioning staples down first. :lol:

As others post, I will decide how I want to use them. In the past I used them under my DCs or as a final rinse. Not sure what I want to do this time around. Looking forward to reading what everyone else is doing.

Sorry so long.:drunk:

Last edited:
Thanks for the mention!! I tea rinse every wash day so let's go get it.

ETA:
Slippery Elm
Moringa
Marshmallow Root
Burdock Root
Oolong
Bamboo
And others....

Aggie and chebaby, I read about beer rinsing but can't recall the benefits. Off to research. Oh and che, no one drinks at my house either. I probably would feel weird buying beer but if it will bring some goodness to this low porosity hair, consider it a stocked item in the fridge. :grin:

Last edited:
Teas, herbs, ayruvedic powders I have on hand are:
Earl grey
Yerba mate
Tulsi
Chamomile
Moringa
Oolong
Peppermint
Hibiscus
Marshmallow root
Nettle leaf
Saw plamento powder
Saw plamento c/s
Fenugreek seed
Fennel
Sage leaf
Sage powders
Burdock root
Thyme
Roobios
Rosemary leaf powder
Catnip leaf c/s
Catnip leaf powder
Nettle root powder
Horsetail
Oat straw
Moringa powder
Rosehip powders
Amla
Shikakai
Brahim
Neem

Last edited:
that sounds good. the results sound amazing but i think ill stick to tea when i want to rinse with something:lol:
no one here drinks so we never have beer in the house anyway.

My dad and sis drinks beer but not the light variety so I can't sneak one of theirs. I do have to get them by the half dozen and hide them from my sis and dad though because for them it would be free.

I think they'll drink them up before I can use them up on my hair. They'll probably :freakout: if they found out what I'll be doing with them:lol:.

Back