Coconut Oil Challenge!! Can you DO IT????

Lucky's Mom

Howdy Ladies!

I would love to try a challenge........................

if you are up for it................. here are the rules::look::yep:

We all have read the staggering benefits of Coconut oil on the hair.....
http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/organic-coconut-oil/health-benefits-of-coconut-oil.html

For 6 weeks..... ( I do my hair once a week)
1. You will use ONLY COCONUT OIL, as your Pre conditioner ( overnight - or 2 hours prior to shampoo)

2. And use COCONUT OIL as a DEEP Conditioner with heat after shampoo.....

- Style as usual

NO OTHER condtioners...... As the pre poo or DC.... Any other products may be used ....(Shampoos, Avi Powders, etc, Leave in's... serums, etc...):yep:
but remember - this is not a bandwagon... this is an expereiment to see, if our hard earned money should go to VATS of OIL :lachen: or back to our conditioners.......

I am going to try this. I want to see if it is time to head to one wonderful solution!!!!

Let me know here ( NO PM's Please)
If you are game!!!!

STARTING DATE: Saturday Feb 20th, 2010 END DATE - Saturday March 6th, 2010
Thanks!:drunk::drunk::drunk:

Last edited:
I would like to try this!
It would save me from using too much else.
And I have Loads of coconut oil!
My plan is to start phasing out other store-bought products for home-made mixes.
I'm even thinking of making a coconut oil skin moisturizer with rose water and water included!

Let's get it...when do we start? :woot:

I can pre-poo with the coconut oil (ONLY).......deep conditioning hmmmmm...... I think I can do it............................I'm in! I'm planning on using my Ayv Powers for washing is this allowed???? I'm going to also try washing every 2 weeks..................

I would like to try this!
It would save me from using too much else.
And I have Loads of coconut oil!
My plan is to start phasing out other store-bought products for home-made mixes.
I'm even thinking of making a coconut oil skin moisturizer with rose water and water included!

Let's get it...when do we start? :woot:

Saturday can be your start date!!!!

I can pre-poo with the coconut oil (ONLY).......deep conditioning hmmmmm...... I think I can do it............................I'm in! I'm planning on using my Ayv Powers for washing is this allowed???? I'm going to also try washing every 2 weeks..................

As long as you use coconut oil as a pre poo and a post poo - you are fine....:yep::yep:

I already pre-poo with Vatika oil overnight for my weekend washes. DC with coconut oil only?? I don't know. I'm gone have to think about this one.

Count me in....I want to add coconuts to my reggie!
I will pre-poo with coconut oil!
Btw: Do you know of a good virgin coconut oil I can buy?? in stores not online..

Count me in....I want to add coconuts to my reggie!
I will pre-poo with coconut oil!
Btw: Do you know of a good virgin coconut oil I can buy?? in stores not online..

Yep! Spectrum virgin Coconut oil.. You can find it at most supermarkets....

Is it true that Coconut oil loses its nutrients when its heated??
If this is true then it sucks cause I wanted to prepoo with heat...
Either way I will still do it!

This will be good treat for the hair.

I use evco as a pre poo with a plastic cap & scarf for 2 or more hrs and sometimes over night.

My results are less breakage, softer new growth, and shiny hair.

I highly recommend it!

I'm willing to participate I prepoo with a mixture of JBCO/coconut oil 2x a week anyway, I will just cut out the JBCO for the challenge, besides I got my 54oz of Nutiva Coconut oil yesterday in the mail.

Is it true that Coconut oil loses its nutrients when its heated??
If this is true then it sucks cause I wanted to prepoo with heat...
Either way I will still do it!

I'm sure a lot of substances loose some of their benefits on heating. I don't think that means all benefits are completely lost though. Also, it depends what temperature is used. The temperatures used by some for DC'ing may not affect the properties of the oil to a large extent. I say give it a go and see if it works for you.

I don't normally do challenges but i might try this one. I like the smell of coconut oil:lick: and the feel of it in my hair.

I'm going to start tomorrow. Pre poo from tonight with coconut oil wash tomorrow and DC with heat (which i never do because i'm lazy).

I cowash almost everyday. Can I use regular conditioner to cowash or should I just do an oil rinse with the coconut oil?

Girl, I've been in this Challenge way before it was thought up lmao. I'm in baby!!!! I love me some EVCO!!!

Checking in.
Since I am going to wash next week. I combed and brushed my hair and added melted coconut oil, mixed with one drop of lavendar,peppermint and rosemary to my roots and ends sprayed with water and put my hair in a ball. So actually have a jump on my pre-poo for next week I love coconut oil :lick:

I will pre-poo, wash and deep condition next week.

I'm in!

This will be a great complement to my scalp care challenge!
I will be using ayurvedic powders 1x a week as my shampoo.

I am going to watch this unfold from the sidelines, I like the idea of pre pooing with the CO, but I love the idea of having a moisturing con like AO to use in conjunction. So will look forward to seeing pics.

I'll be watching from the sidelines too! My hair is troubled right now so I need different DCs but I'm interested in seeing the results :yep:!

I will be watching to see how this pans out! Good luck ladies, but I am not interested in giving up my beloved conditioners just yet! :)

I'm going to try to do this :ohwell: I shampooed my hair yesterday and followed up immediately with my Emerald Laboratories Coconut Oil from GNC. I love this brand! My hair is drying so soft and shiny.
A couple a weeks ago I bought the Oscar Blandi smoothing treatment and Fekkai technician conditioner and love them! Maybe I can put them away for 6 weeks....:perplexed

Interesting challenge! I'll be watching and cheering from the sidelines too. I have four conditioners and I can't give them up yet. I love me some coconut oil though. Can't wait too see the results.

Questions.....when you DC with Coconut Oil how are you all rinsing it out? Is your hair soft after rinsing?

Hi Cameleonchick,

I'm going to rinse mine out with warm water and see how it goes. I usually put mine in after deep conditioning and my hair is normally soft.

Back