Classic to Mid-Thigh Length 2011 Challenge

Oh, I have missed so much in my absence. I have a lot of catching up to do.:bookworm:

CelinaStarr, your hair looks great.

Are we all operating on the same definition of "classic" length in this thread? This is "classic":

lhc_classic.JPG

Edit: Is this a challenge for women growing from classic to mid-thigh, or is it for women who are aiming to reach classic length?

Yes. We are operating on the same definition.... This thread is for those who are aiming to reach Classic Length and for those who want to continue to Mid-Thigh Length. Some of us will reach Classic length before the year is out.... so they can continue in this thread if they choose to keep growing...

Mid-thigh?!? Whoa, what did I miss? Did any of us reach classic yet? I didn't even make my original goal of thickening up the tailbone strands... my scraggly lead hairs are STILL waiting for some company from the rest of my head, :lol:.

Yamilee21 - I got as far as a few strands touching CL... but I cut back to mid-butt to allow more hair to catch up. I want a hemline as even as I can get it... That is why I added Mid-thigh. When I get back to CL, I want to continue to Mid-thigh because I want the curl hang time to be at Classic...:grin: But I don't want to be alone!:look:

I will be here in this thread in two years. TWO YEARS!! I can hit WL by December of next year, and possibly Tail Bone in another year. So then I'll be in here like "OMG....I soo want classic hair...I think I can do it in...hm...6 monthes?" -studies nails all stuck up like- HAHA. I'm kidding. but yea. Give me two years! I'll catch up!!

CelinaStarr!!!! girl! you bending it like beckham!!!! i wish i could do that!!! *note to self, start doing yoga*

your hair is looking awesome though!!!

Okay. I finally convinced my brother to take pictures.

Here is my current length as of today:

DSC02733-vi.jpg
DSC02731-vi.jpg

^^^My hair is stretched out from bunning.

*sprinkles fairy dust over head*, lol. After the summer growth spurt my silly hair just won't grow anymore. :lol: What length is this? I call it butt length. Am I correct? :

DSC02736-vi.jpg

DSC02734-vi.jpg

Knee length hair is my dream hair but I feel as if I'm nearing terminal length but that's okay because when I bend backwards my hair is floor length, lol, lol :lachen: :lol::

DSC02751-vi.jpg

DSC02750-vi.jpg

Floor Length...I love it...

CelinaStarr-Your right at the tip of CL...Claim it...

If your hair grows at the same rate as mine this is the time of year things SLOW DOWN...Dont worry!

Happy Hair Growing!

Do you guys think it's impossible to be TBL and further with a relaxer? Must I be natural?

NO..I don't think its impossible.. (You can reach your goal just do what works for your hair)
Tex Lex,Relaxed or Natural...You can do it!

Toy,is relaxed & her hair is FaaaaaaaaB!

Happy Hair Growing!

Floor Length...I love it...

CelinaStarr-Your right at the tip of CL...Claim it...

If your hair grows at the same rate as mine this is the time of year things SLOW DOWN...Dont worry!

Happy Hair Growing!

Thanks Lita. Yes, things are very slow now. I really like hair sticks so I haven't been focused on length as much but enjoying my hair sticks instead.

CelinaStarr!!!! girl! you bending it like beckham!!!! i wish i could do that!!! *note to self, start doing yoga*

your hair is looking awesome though!!!

Thanks. Your hair looks great too. I looks forward to seeing all of your updates.

I love your avi!! If I bent over like that, I might get stuck :lachen:

Lol, thanks. As a child/teen I was able to get my hands much closer to my feet while in a back bend.

My Dream Bun & Dream Pony-tail....(For all you CL-MTL ladies)

Happy Hair Growing!

My Dream Bun & Dream Pony-tail....(For all you CL-MTL ladies)

Happy Hair Growing!

My dream pony and bun too :cloud9:
Actually I had a long hair dream and in the dream my hair was TL thick lush
and I was whipping it cause a hater was trying to convince others to my face it was a weave.

Well here's a tiny update... I am in the process of lightly pressing my hair. This is one of the sections.... as you can see, I still have a ways to go to classic...:look:

picture.php

Candy, :drool:
nice progress, you're def. passed TL even if you're not CL yet. I'm sure this year you can make it. HHG

Just stopping by to say congrats and good luck reaching CL and MTL. I hope to join in a few years. I hope someday, when I want to look at CL, MTL, KL, and FL hair there will be Black women photo's to look at.

Last edited:
Well here's a tiny update... I am in the process of lightly pressing my hair. This is one of the sections.... as you can see, I still have a ways to go to classic...:look:

picture.php

Congrats! More pictures Please..

Happy Hair Growing!

picture.php
Congratulations Candy!!:clapping: You are surely on your way to CL.:waytogo:

:update: I finally made top of pocket length (TOPL).:woohoo:

Congrats! More pictures Please..

:lol:... I plan on doing my two ponytails for the 30th update. It will be just shy of the one year pic of the ponytails in my sigi.

Congratulations Candy!!:clapping: You are surely on your way to CL.:waytogo:
I finally made top of pocket length (TOPL).:woohoo:

Thanks!:grin: TOPL!:yawn: Congratulations!:flowers: Does this mean I can add you to the CL list?:look:

man!!! i'm still trying to hit my pants let alone pockets!!!

Mz.MoMo :lachen:your hair grows fast so you should be there in no time!

Hooray for reaching tops and bottoms of pants pockets, Angeldoll and Candy! :grin:

Mz.Momo, you've gained back all that was chopped by your "friend" and more; I bet you'll be measuring by pants pockets in a few short month, too. ;)

Back