Classic Length 2010 Challenge Part I

... ^^^^My hair was held in a bun with only two of these. ...

Only TWO?!?!? I must buy these pins. When I use regular hair pins, I can never get them all out until I wash my hair, when the water finally blasts them free. I can't begin to count the number of economy size packs of hair pins I have gone through over the years.

SmilingElephant, you know you want to join us. Classic is not much longer than hip... the difference probably isn't even noticeable on un-straightened hair. Come on, you know you want to... ;)

Janet, you want to see "uneven" ends on curly/coily hair? Look at my picture of damp, no-product hair. It is blunt-ish when straightened though, :lol:.

about the even uneven thing, I don't seem to have much problem with this, if my hairs cut even straight then it's pretty much even curly just shrunken up, even though I do have diff textures but the looser curls are in front and at the crown half of my head acutally, then the tighter curls take over

Only TWO?!?!? I must buy these pins. When I use regular hair pins, I can never get them all out until I wash my hair, when the water finally blasts them free. I can't begin to count the number of economy size packs of hair pins I have gone through over the years.

SmilingElephant, you know you want to join us. Classic is not much longer than hip... the difference probably isn't even noticeable on un-straightened hair. Come on, you know you want to... ;)

I have a pack of bobby pins right now that i had to buy bc they always bend out of shape!:grin:

Naw....i think i'm gonna just hang around Hip. I want to be DONE with length already!!:lachen:.....but i will be lurking and supporting from the sidelines!!:woohoo:

I knew I should have avoided this thread! I was dead set on stopping at WL, but you ladies make hip, tailbone and classic look so appealing! Good luck to all of you!

This is how one pin looks:
DSC01532-vi.jpg

^^^This is the brunette color.

I strongly recommend these. They don't hurt and are easy to insert and take out. I was expecting these to get caught in my coarse, curly, thick hair but they didn't. I hope these become standard similar to plain bobby pins. These are nice for those of us with thick hair that plain bobby pins don't work on.

As much as I love my Flexi 8's, it's nice to have a plain bun sometimes and it's also good to be able to find something at the local drug store that works instead of having to order online all the time.

My grade: A+
I'm very impressed.

In the last couple of weeks I have been experiencing the large bobby pins not holding my hair anymore.... I was happy because this meant my hair is thickening up!:grin: But I did not know what I was going to do about the hold!:perplexed So this is such a blessing to me!:yep: Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful discovery!:goodone::blowkiss:

i've wanted to try the spin pins since day one but they have been sold out EVERY WHERE here where i'm at :( ONE DAY!!!! ONE DAAAYYYY!!!!

First time I have heard of just "Scalp Washing". This is Knee Length Hair.....interesting...

quote from Lady Godiva(username) http://www.longhaircommunity.com/archive/showthread.php?t=41545&page=3

"Aries, here's how I do scalp washes. First, completely detangle. Then I put my hair right back up in my usual Log Roll updo, affixed with a Ficcare Maximas. I wash my hair as my final shower task. I take my Maximas out, then simply put the log roll in a plastic bag, which I can hold with one hand tightly at the base, angling it upwards, as I wet my scalp hair, add shampoo, scrub, and rinse. I alternate which hand holds the bagged hair and which hand scrubs. I rinse and repeat, ending with a final, thorough rinse. Then I'm done, dry off, and detangle thoroughly. That's it."

Log Roll updo image: http://media.photobucket.com/image/log roll updo/LadyGodiva1078/HairstickLogRoll/right.jpg

what's this??? like she washes her scalp but the length of her hair stays dry??? i confused

what's this??? like she washes her scalp but the length of her hair stays dry??? i confused

This is my best guess... For instance, if you live in a humid climate, the scalp tends to sweat and is dirty but the length of the hair isn't. So to avoid over washing and drying out the length of your hair.... you wash the sclap only... You wash the length of the hair as needed...

Also, Keep in mind that white people tend to have very oily scalps....So usually they wash their hair daily.... but the length of the hair does not need a daily wash....especially with hair that long...

Last edited:
I had never heard of Samantha Mumba before, but the first article I found was about her hair falling out... something about using dyes and relaxer on dreadlocks! She said her natural hair was quite long before though.

I have a pack of bobby pins right now that i had to buy bc they always bend out of shape!:grin:

Naw....i think i'm gonna just hang around Hip. I want to be DONE with length already!!:lachen:.....but i will be lurking and supporting from the sidelines!!:woohoo:

I joined Classic Challenge part 2 for fun basically just to see if I can make it, cause it's not that much farther from HL/TL at all and I'm kind of liking the length when I see it. But I'll be more than happy with HL or Full HL/TL hair after all that is ALOT of hair IRL :lol:

I had never heard of Samantha Mumba before, but the first article I found was about her hair falling out... something about using dyes and relaxer on dreadlocks! She said her natural hair was quite long before though.

Yea... She is an actress...she played in the movie "The Time Machine". Her natural hair was Hip/Tailbone when she came to the Hollywood Scene. I don't know where it is today. I did not know her hair had fallen out. Probably the hazards of Hollywood... They are always doing something to their hair....

She was also a famous singer in Ireland I think.... She is not from America....

Last edited:
Sorry to intrude! Does Midnightcurls have a fotki? Tht picture of her hair on the first page made my heart stop :love:

Unfortunately, not anymore. I remember looking at here fotki back in 2006-2007 during my transition. Her hair was just amamzing. I think she's removed all of her hair pictures from the Internet too. If I'm not mistaking she used to post over on the Long Hair Care Community; she had a blog. She also went by the name Raehlilisynth.

Sorry to intrude! Does Midnightcurls have a fotki? Tht picture of her hair on the first page made my heart stop :love:

Like CS posted all of it's been taken down, but her fotki had everything from BC, and every length check update, I don't think she ever straightened her hair again. All that's left is just archived pics someone found, she's not even on LHC anymore.

Interesting thread, quite rarity on the forums. The max on here seems to be between waistlength and midback length. We'll see what happens. :yep:

Instead of cutting your hair for bangs, Make your own Fake bangs. I kept this quote from about 5 or 6 months ago... but I can't refind the link...

By: Uprayup

"Make you own. It is very easy.

Go to the hair store (of course, the one who sells wigs) and get the hair color you desire. Buy a headband and attached (sew) the hair to the headband on the inside. Once that is done, put it on and cut the bangs at eye level (between your eyes and the bridge level of your nose) if you want it short. or cut the length between your nose and mouth for a bang sweep. Than hot curl lightly or set. You can adjust the length now. It's better to cut too long and adjust than to cut too short..

Believe me - it works, I am the queen of gluing, sewing, etc."

Interesting thread, quite rarity on the forums. The max on here seems to be between waistlength and midback length. We'll see what happens. :yep:

It's rare because many of us haven't been growing for the amount of time that it takes to reach tailbone length or classic length yet. :)

A few years back few people were even at waist length, but now there are plenty!! The same thing will happen with tailbone and classic, I just know it will. :reddancer: Stay tuned!

:welcome4:To our thread... You are welcome to pop in anytime and check on the progress of our challengers! It only makes the prize sweeter when lots :lots: of eyes are watching...:grin:

Unfortunately, not anymore. I remember looking at here fotki back in 2006-2007 during my transition. Her hair was just amamzing. I think she's removed all of her hair pictures from the Internet too. If I'm not mistaking she used to post over on the Long Hair Care Community; she had a blog. She also went by the name Raehlilisynth.

Like CS posted all of it's been taken down, but her fotki had everything from BC, and every length check update, I don't think she ever straightened her hair again. All that's left is just archived pics someone found, she's not even on LHC anymore.

Awwww, I wonder why she decided to end her online presence :(

Oh well thanks anyway ladies!

Awwww, I wonder why she decided to end her online presence :(

Oh well thanks anyway ladies!

Me too. :( I remember she was trying to get into the music industry during the time she had stop updating her blog and fotki. She played the guitar and I vaguely remember listening to one of her songs. She had also cut her hair to about bra strap during this time I think.

She is one person I'd love to see post pictures again. Her fotki and progress pics really inspired me. She had one of the most amazing heads of hair I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Thanx Candy for the hairstyle vids!! I like the inverted ponytail one.....i think i'm gonna join u guys for fun...ya'll havin to much of it in here!!:grin:

Thanx Candy for the hairstyle vids!! I like the inverted ponytail one.....i think i'm gonna join u guys for fun...ya'll havin to much of it in here!!:grin:

:welcome: to the fun! :dance7:I am so glad you are joining us!:yep: I'll include you for CL Part 2. Now I am off :cowgirl: on a recruiting campaign! :grin:

Back