Clarifying Poos vs Clarifying Con

angelita842002

I cw may 2 to 3 days a week due to working out and Sundays are my poo con and deep con days. Is it necessary to clarify and would a clarifying conditioner give you the same results as a poo? I saw that suave has one as was thinking of trying it out. I feel that the poo might strip my hair too much.

Wow, I didnt even know there was a such thing as a clarifying conditioner. I learn something new everyday from this board.:p

I bought the Suave Basics Clarifying Conditioner last week and only tried it once. It was ok for the first try. I couldn't tell if it did as good of a job as regular clarifying though.

I figured it would be good for conditioner washes. Build-up shouldn't be a problem.

I use the V05 Kiwi & Lime Clarifying Conditioner for CO-washes. I think a clarifying conditioner is supposed to not leave any kind of heavy residue on the hair - well, that's what the label claims. So, I got a tip to use it for my first CO-wash rinse. Then, I use another V05 or Suave moisturizing conditioner for the next rinse (that I keep on for a few minutes with a plastic cap).

Not sure if that helps any. Just thought I'd share since I have a clarifying conditioner in my product rotation.

Thks. Im gonna go try a clarifying conditioner tonight and see how it goes. I just figure it should be a little more mild than the shampoo. Well see tonight. I gotta work out so i will be co washing my hair. ;)

I also use VO5 kiwi lime as a clarifying conditioner. Clarifying shampoos are too harsh for my hair, especially since I am bascially 'cone free.

There usn't really anything clarifying about a clarifying conditioner.

It's just that the moisturizing properties are just so light so it doesn't give it a heavy feeling.

Clarifying conditioners will NOT get out cones and gunk. I wish though.:perplexed

MizaniMami said:
There usn't really anything clarifying about a clarifying conditioner.

It's just that the moisturizing properties are just so light so it doesn't give it a heavy feeling.

Clarifying conditioners will NOT get out cones and gunk. I wish though.:perplexed

I agree with this. I used Vo5 Kiwi-Lime Squeeze, and it made my hair feel dry. At the time I was wasn't using cones, but it still didn't get my hair clean. The only thing that's in there that would clarify naturally is lemongrass. If you use cones, PLEASE use a clarifying poo when you have bad build-up.

Your hair does act the same. Like my hair has lots of bounce normally. But now it doesn't, so I know it's time to clarify.

I was about to start a thread on Clarifying Conditioners when I searched this up. I used V05's Kiwi and Lime Squeeze this weekend, after a clarifying shampoo wash. I left it on for a while with a plastic cap, and after rinsing my hair felt pretty decent. Not heavy, and when it dried it didn't feel hard like it usually does with most conditioners I use. I guess it's a light conditioner then, they shouldn't use the word 'clarifying'. I'm guessing it would be great for co-washing, only a buck for 22oz. :)

I agree they shouldnt say thats its clarifying if it isnt. Well I used clarifying shampoo for the first time in my life and then did a hair mayo treatment and my hair loved it. I never realized the difference it would make. I plan to clarify every other week.

Ebonygurl00 said:
I agree with this. I used Vo5 Kiwi-Lime Squeeze, and it made my hair feel dry. At the time I was wasn't using cones, but it still didn't get my hair clean. The only thing that's in there that would clarify naturally is lemongrass. If you use cones, PLEASE use a clarifying poo when you have bad build-up.
What is Lemongrass and were do you get it?

Back