Clarifying and Moisturizing Shampoos

Country gal

Lisa Plesant, Plesant Images, suggested that I use a clarifying shampoo to remove the build up in my hair. I should then follow up with a moisturizing shampoo. Do you ladies use two shampoos for washing your hair? I use two conditioners but never thought to use to shampoos.

At the Domincan salon where I used to go that is exactly what they did. So, when I started doing my hair at home I purchased a clarifying then the moisturizing and never looked back
smile.gif
I have the Elucence shampoos, both of them and love them! My hair is fine and I like the body I get by doing this.

When I use a clarifying shampoo, I always follow it up with a moisturizing shampoo. However, I only use a clarifying shampoo about once a month.

Just curious what the difference would be to using a moisturising conditioner or a moisturising deep conditioner after clarifying instead of the moisturising shampoo?

Wouldnt they serve the same purpose?

Affirm's KeraCare line has two shampoos. I use the 1st Lather Shampoo followed by the Hydrating Detangling Shampoo. It works for me and my hair doesn't feel stripped of moisture.

I've only been clarifying for a few months, so I'm not as knowledgeable as others on this topics... but I clarify once a month. I immediately follow up with a deep conditioner w/olive oil added, under a hooded dryer for 30 minutes. Once I was too tired to rinse the conditioner out, so I went to bed with the conditioner still on my hair
shocked.gif
. The next morning, I rinsed, etc & did a braid out... that was the most moisturized braid out ever. Maybe I'll try that again one day...

I don't use 2 shampoos. I just use the clarifying one and follow with my moisturizing conditioner, leave in etc after. The hair doesn't come out dry or anything from the one I use so I find its not necessary for me.

Whats the difference btw a clarifying poo and a regular one that contains sulfates? Dont they have the same ingredients? And i kno i asked this b4 but I cant find the thread...can clarifying and neutralizing poos be used the same way?

Back