Christmas Challenge!!!

Hesh Pharma Amla powder
1x 100g (3.5 oz) package for external use, from India

I found this on Ebay... Candy C do you think this will be enough to last me until Christmas... or even til 1.25.08???

How much do you think I will need if not... on both indian powders..

Thanks

Hesh Pharma Amla powder
1x 100g (3.5 oz) package for external use, from India

I found this on Ebay... Candy C do you think this will be enough to last me until Christmas... or even til 1.25.08???

How much do you think I will need if not... on both indian powders..

Thanks

hey

if you do a black rea rinse weekly

and theres 7 weeks

thats 7 treats

u need 2 tablespoons of amla in each treat, which works out at 14 tablespoons altogether....

1 tablespoon is 14.25 grams

so for a whole 7 weeks, you will need just under 200grams to complete the challenge..

sooo, its best you get 2 boxes dear!

Count me in... I am trying to reach APL by Jan 25th so this extra inch by Christmas will help..I may even keep going to 1/25/08 (my college grad date!)

I am using MN and BB growth serum... are topical growth ads ok???:ohwell:

if you feel they are contributing..then i guess so

but i hope they dont collide with the herbal powders whatever the growth aids may be! :ohwell:

Wow this sounds so awesome and i am so psyched. I am going to buy some of these ingredients tomorrow at the health food store if they or i'll def visit my second fav site in the world, Ebay!!:grin:.
I'm kinda new at this and i bought some Coconut oil this weekend and i wanted to know what is the best way to useit to enhance my hair growth
Thanks!!!

Thank you for that math cause I would of been lost... but now I am scared that my topical growth aids are gonna make me bald!:shocked:

Maybe I will stop them to do this challenge... til Christmas and start back up in Jan...

Unless someone uses these ingredients with MN and/or BB Growth Serum and knows they are safe

Hello ladies,
I'm pretty new to LHCF, but this sounds like a challenge I can participate in. I haven't put a drop of heat in my hair in almost a year as well as a perm and my hair has never been healthier. I cowash almost everyday and wash and dc on weekends. I'm not familiar with oil rinses though, so I need a clue about that. I just recently took braids out of my hair, so I'm back to wearing it natural right now until I figure out what other protective style I want. I was thinking twists. So, ladies if you could please take me under your wings and be gentle, I know I still have a lot to learn.:spinning:

I can't believe it's been two years since I jumped on the Christmas Challenge bandwagon.Never again:nono:....sorry but the title just brought back memories...

I am so in, it's crazy CandyC!!! I need that last inch to make my goal. I think I might even make a song for motivation....I'll call it "If I had One Inch" to the tune of Ray J's "One Wish"...:yep:

just kidding about that last part:lachen:, but i'm in!

I'm in. My hair is so short I don't have a prayer of reaching my short term goal by Christmas. But, I will take what I can get by then.

I can't believe it's been two years since I jumped on the Christmas Challenge bandwagon.Never again:nono:....sorry but the title just brought back memories...

lmao why what happened

by the way that wasnt my challenge back them for worried readers eeek!

Last edited:
Count me in too! :) I'm going to purchase some Indian products today. I cannot wait to try the black tea rinse recipe. :)

BTW, you have beautiful hair, Candy_C! :)

I am already doing most of this...I think I can join...I am about 14 weeks post so this will be an interesting little experiment:drunk:
  • I never use heat
  • I exercise every single day
  • I eat fish at least 5 times per week
  • I take liquid vitamins in the evening (When I took them in the morning I would get really tired) Multi, Glucosamine & MSM, & Iron
  • I massage my scalp daily with emu oil and peppermint and rosemary essential oils
  • I always protective style
  • I drink plenty of water
  • I drink green smoothies with carrots daily!
As far as Indian herbs...I have a bunch of Vatika Oil that I can use in my deep conditioners:look: I need to wash/condition my hair more often so I will work on this until Christmas Time:yep:

I thought about this...and stretching until Christmas time is not a good idea for my hair...I will texlax this weekend, that will be my only deviance from this challenge...it is also healthier for my hair I believe :)

yeah mann sounds good. Im in:grin:! but ill be doing my own indian routine.
oh and im pregnant so...
- i can only eat a max of 2x fish portions a week.
- iv droped off my flaxseed because i read afew disavantages of taking while preggers. also stopped my multi-vit cuz i cant have vit A. So... ill be taking my preg' vits and biotin.

x

Last edited:
Count me in! I'm always down for the cause...every inch helps! :grin:

BTW, I would LOVE to be schooled on the Indian herbs. I am trying to develop an Indian Hair Care Regimen. Will be doing my 1st Henna this weekend!!! :pepper:

Aw, I would be all about this challenge but I couldn't abide by the no heat rule. Normally it wouldn't be a problem cause I'm an air dryer, but Nov. and Dec. is my season for rollersets! (holiday time styles) And the no heat rollerset doesn't fly with my hair.

I'm in.

Does indirect heat count as no heat? I will start on Monday because I am going to the salon Saturday and that will be both indirect and direct heat.

I'm in, I have an inch and a half until my chin length goal. I want to me there by the end of the year. I'm in braids, so that will be my protective style for a while. CandyC, can that black tea thing be done with box braid extensions? maybe if I use my Vita Mix blender and extra liquid to make it more watery and smooth?

Lys

warning, if you have highlights, light hair and want to keep it that way DONT USE THE BLACK HAIR TEA....this treat will darken your hair

Hmm...I'm getting my hair dyed dark brown this weekend, maybe I will skip the black hair tea- I wouldnt want to alter the color of my....well, color.

Candy,

count me in!!

I will be bunning religiously (except 1 rollerset for Thanksgiving), no heat, taking my vitamins, and using BT.

I am just below SL, so I don't think I can hit APL by Christmas, but another inch sure would be nice.:grin:

Back