Christian Neo-Soul Artist...Lisa McClendon

The Savvy Sistah

If you love Neo-Soul music, I have a great cd for you.

My cousin turned me onto a great gospel artist named Lisa McClendon and the girl is bad.

I'm listening to her cd now titled "Soul Music" and I'm so surprised I
never heard about her.

She even put a new twist on Byron Cages' song "Breathe".

So if you want some good riding music that you can blast and still lift up Jesus at the same time.. Check this out.

Listen to some of her music at http://www.last.fm/music/Lisa+McClendon

Stay Savvy!

Be Blessed!

Last edited:

plainj

I have this cd and I absolutely love it. It's one of those cd's that you listen to 100 times straight before you barely get tired of it. I love "You Are Holy". We sing this in church. That song is how I got turned onto her.

DonnaDi31Proverbi

Wow, I really like her music. I'd heard of her but had not heard her. I *used to* be a fan of the neo-soul; she easily replaces those artists!

Duchesse

thanks! I'm trying to get into more gospel musicians, but often I just don't like the "sound" of the music; I want the message but can't get with the delivery. Anyone else know anymore gospel artists with a neo-soulish vibe??

plainj

victorious, I love "The Remedy" and also "Happy".
BTW, I love your siggy. I love music and it always expresses the words I can't think to say and it absolutely expresses the way I feel.

crlsweetie912

Yall sleeping on Lisa McClendon?
She came to our church a couple of years ago. I think it was Fred Hammond she opened for. She's funny and so beautiful (body and spirit!)

PaperClip

thanks! I'm trying to get into more gospel musicians, but often I just don't like the "sound" of the music; I want the message but can't get with the delivery. Anyone else know anymore gospel artists with a neo-soulish vibe??

I really like Sunny Hawkins.

http://www.hiddenbeachmedia.com/index.php?option=com_artist&Itemid=35&id=40

With that said, I have some reservations about what's "really" gospel music out here these days. Gospel music has become SO COMMERCIAL beyond identification.