Cathy Howse Now on Youtube

~~HoneyComb~~

That's a big mystery to me too. My friend and I met her at Circle of Sisters in 2009 and when I asked her about her hair (specifically about her transitioning process) she insisted that her relaxed ends DID NOT break off and she denied cutting them. She had a bit of an attitude and ignored our follow-up questions after that. I was confused as heck, so I just left that one alone and kept it moving.

Why did she have an attitude? How you going to have an attitude about someone asking about hair and that's your profession?

SimpleKomplexity

I really don't think her ends are that bad how people try to make it seem like they are. First of all she is old. Second it seems like her hair is naturally thin. AND I don't think her ends are split....just thin *shrugs* It seems like everyone just follows the consensus that ohhh Cathy is a bad attitude chick with thin ends and everyone runs with it.

RelaxednNapulous

OK, her hair wasn't as bad as I was expecting from the comments. I think one of the first things I read on LHCF was about how her hair wasn't that long or healthy looking to be an expert. I remember thinking, "tough crowd!"

I'm trying to figure out her demo. Since she's using YouTube, it must be folks with fairly high speed Internet access. I'd hope those folks find the LHCF first and learn that you don't necessarily have to buy expensive products to grow long, healthy hair. Lots of women on here use Sauve, HE or Fructis and have beautiful, healthy hair. That gives me hope. And so many of you are an inspiration to me, loooooong before I started posting.

nappystorm

I really don't think her ends are that bad how people try to make it seem like they are. First of all she is old. Second it seems like her hair is naturally thin. AND I don't think her ends are split....just thin *shrugs* It seems like everyone just follows the consensus that ohhh Cathy is a bad attitude chick with thin ends and everyone runs with it.
:eh:..........

Summer79

Looking at her ends makes me want to grab my castor oil and bun.

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

pookaloo83

I heard as of last year she was still transitioning. The way they (her ends) hang they seem relaxed (I should know hahaha as I have my own 5 inches of relaxed ends.). Her tips - minus the flat iron comments - were actually good. I read her (very short, don't buy it) book on transitioning that she published. It didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know but in her book she states that she wears nartural braid styles more often than constant flat ironing.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Wow...interesting video.

The hair doesn't look so bad except for the ends. I hope she gets more natural with her presentation.

Nonie

SimpleKomplexity Cathy's hair isn't thin by any stretch of the imagination. Her hair looks thicker than when she was relaxed and would not be considered part of the "thinnning due to age" crowd. If anything it looks better than I've ever seen it look. But those ends are still horrible.

HappilyLiberal

Ok... Which one of y'all is TikiTubeable ?

rofl your ends are thin as hell, and your hair in general is thin, and looks like you have breakage. Wtf? another product pusher with little to back up their products. Who wants long hair, with thin ends and bad health? Not me.

TikiTubeable 5 minutes ago

Sesi

Looked at some more videos.

Some good info, some bad info. Just about normal. not too good, but not too bad either. nice hair. is her hair permanently flat ironed?

eta: more bad info and wrong info than good info. some outright lies.

Last edited:

blac_quarian

Been here from long time

Not in my case, I actually spoke to her and saw those ends myself...At the time, they weren't the worst ends I've ever seen, but since she's known for being a haircare guru, I wasn't overly impressed.

Mystic

I tell you, video shows up every flaws - its the real deal. Can't fake the funk; her hair looks flawless in pictures but, doing a video has completely turned me off of ever purchasing her products. I don't see how these videos will enhance her buisness at all. Her roots look scanty, her ends horrible and her hair looks so ordinary. I am very disappointed.

Her looking so over the moon saying, "every piece of this hair is all mine", and winking her eyes as if her hair is the most beautiful thing, made me chuckle. I was a bit embarrassed for her, lol.

Moniquenuss

O just have one question, where was the heat protectant while she was blow drying and flat ironing? She so busy pushing her own products but never mentioned one. Maybe that's what happened to her ends

EllePixie

When she was talking about her hair being hers and said, "Every last string of it..." I FELL OUT because I was looking at her stringy ends. I don't think they are that bad but it's lame for her to put in all those big curls then her ends are scraggly and straight. She should just bump the ends and call it a day...

Stepiphanie

O just have one question, where was the heat protectant while she was blow drying and flat ironing? She so busy pushing her own products but never mentioned one. Maybe that's what happened to her ends

Lol. she uses her mist it says.

Btw am I the only one that peeped that she said it wasn't until her products that her hair got healthy?! hmmm...I clearly remember even in her second book she mentioned using whatever product that fit the criteria. now all of a sudden it was the UBH products.. chile please!! :rolleyes:

dynamic1

I am never stuck on blunt ends...but one sign you need a trim, is if they will not hold a curl. Her stylist needs to be slapped for letting her get on camera that way (considering her "expert" knowledge). She needs more people!

I do think her hair growth rate may have slowed due to age (as well as potential breakage). It is shiny.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Is she a JW? I remember I heard she goes to the Kingdom Hall. Her hair looks okay, minus the ends.

HappilyLiberal

I am never stuck on blunt ends...but one sign you need a trim, is if they will not hold a curl. Her stylist needs to be slapped for letting her get on camera that way (considering her "expert" knowledge). She needs more people!

I do think her hair growth rate may have slowed due to age (as well as potential breakage). It is shiny.

Her stylist needs to be slapped for wearing those pants that restrict his man bits a little too much!:look:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Is she a JW? I remember I heard she goes to the Kingdom Hall. Her hair looks okay, minus the ends.

I had to look this one up...

here is the quote from her website:

39. I noticed in your book you thanked Jehovah. Are you one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

I know who Jehovah is. I am a messenger and my path is guided by him I will continue to manifest his name in this work to the last breathe in me.

Based on her lack of direct answer, I am assuming no.

India*32

Sorry, she looks dried out. No Glamour. If she had floor length hair she still looks tired. Sorry, Next...

India