Cathy Howse Has a Youtube Channel

knt1229

Girl, if I styled my hair like hers and left if hanging down, you'd think I could whip it back and forth, this is an old pic with my hair down:

But the truth of the matter is, there's no whipping happening with that mane: Hello?

:lol: Nonie, you are a trip.

You have a good looking head of hair, btw. :yep:

Charla

I'm not impressed at all. Too many women on these hair boards could blow her out the water.

And her stylist:hair: scares me!

Last edited:

lux10023

Lmaooooooooooooooooo every time I see her hair I lmaooooooooo because her ends look crazyyyyy….like I cant even watch it all the way through without busting out laughing like...momma kathy really…
She has a healthy head of hair no one can take that away but how do u seriously give hair advice with bad ends….its like uber luxe chanel nail polish on a jacked up bunion foot…
FAIL.com

hothair

Didn't see anything wrong with her hair. Looks healthy and bouncy to me. Her yt is boring tho

Rain20

She is older and she is probably having normal age related hair changes. She also did a long transition to natural hair. So she probably had to keep cutting away relaxed hair, maybe that's why her length is not as long as expected. I think overall her hair looks okay. I've seen worse ends on hair boards.

Nonie

She is older and she is probably having normal age related hair changes. She also did a long transition to natural hair. So she probably had to keep cutting away relaxed hair, maybe that's why her length is not as long as expected. I think overall her hair looks okay. I've seen worse ends on hair boards.

Rain20 I don't think she cut her relaxed hair off, IIRC. I seem to recall that coming up in the other thread. I believe she just let it break off on its own the way I used to do way before hair boards. I transitioned by just waiting for relaxed hair to break off or shed off. Cathy doesn't hang out with scissors, I don't think.

Rain20

Well either way she probably lost some length. But anyway, I dont think uneven ends necessarily means split, breaking, unhealthy ends.

Nonie

Well either way she probably lost some length. But anyway, I dont think uneven ends necessarily means split, breaking, unhealthy ends.

You're right, but ends that never get trimmed IMO can never be w/o split ends. Nothing organic in nature is that durable, especially when you're manipulating it and applying heat as much as Cathy does and never PSing. Her ends look uneven and ruggedy because they're damaged and in need of a trim. The end.

levette

My thoughts exactly. I think her hair is fabulous- let's be real she is probably in her 50's. HOw many 50 year old women do you see walking around with hair like that. I think she is doing a good job with the videos.

cocosweet

I know she is not a fan of trims but a little dusting can go a long way. At this point though, a trim is needed.

For the most part her hair looks good, just clean those ends up. As far as length goes, maybe she decided that this is the length she prefers?

I could have swore I've seen pics of her with hair around WSL but those ends were an issue even then.

I wonder how often her stylist offers to trim her ends only to be refused?

Last edited:

MissMasala5

I know she is not a fan of trims but a little dusting can go a long way. At this point though, a trim is needed.

For the most part her hair looks good, just clean those ends up. As far as length goes, maybe she decided that this is the length she prefers?

I could have swore I've seen pics of her with hair around WSL but those ends were an issue even then.

I wonder how often her stylist offers to trim her ends only to be refused?

I have seen pics of her hair at much longer lengths, too. But you are right, much of that was see-through ends. Her hair looked stringy and greasy then, too. It looks healthier and thicker in the video.

greenandchic

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at 1:53 when her stylist said, "see, its coming straight out her roots". Like no ish Sherlock. :look:

I do wonder if that's her hair color though.

EbonyCPrincess

I used to be a big advocate for CH. But I can't take the complete switch she's done about relaxers. She grew her hair to MBL while relaxed but now because of the "natural phenomenon" she's acting like she's anti-relaxer and has a whole video about how damaging they are. I have no problem with switching back and forth, natural or relaxed....but this just seems like a clever marketing ploy and I can't respect that. Her entire line was formulated while she was relaxed...so I just can't...

Lucia

You now I'm the last to say cut since I don't believe in chopping 6 in when 2 is all that's need but seriously she needs. Good 2-3 inch trim. The top nd mid lengths still look full and healthy but the ends are thinner and probably heat damaged she's frying her hair to get that look.
I'm not impressed by her hair much she's a hair guru I've seen better hair on people who lucked into a good regimen. people who have been growinghair less time have been bsl 2 x WL 1 I'm just saying.
She should trim a little dc lay off the heat for a while and ps.

mrsmuhammad

I know this thread is some what old now BUT I do happen to know that Ed (Cathys stylist) does at a minimum use the Dew spray. He used to do my hair a few years back and he even stated that he sprays it on his locks. My hair REALLY loves her creme moisturizer, it's the one product that softens and moisturizes my hair nicely.

MissMasala5

I used to be a big advocate for CH. But I can't take the complete switch she's done about relaxers. She grew her hair to MBL while relaxed but now because of the "natural phenomenon" she's acting like she's anti-relaxer and has a whole video about how damaging they are. I have no problem with switching back and forth, natural or relaxed....but this just seems like a clever marketing ploy and I can't respect that. Her entire line was formulated while she was relaxed...so I just can't...

Seems like a good business move on her part would be not to alienate her following. On that note, thank goodness for LHCF.

prettypithy

I know this thread is some what old now BUT I do happen to know that Ed (Cathys stylist) does at a minimum use the Dew spray. He used to do my hair a few years back and he even stated that he sprays it on his locks. My hair REALLY loves her creme moisturizer, it's the one product that softens and moisturizes my hair nicely.

The reality is whatever is in her products is what is doing wonders.I'm sure if you tried another product with the same ingredients, it would have the same effect. There's no CH magic.

Sent from my MB501 using MB501