Cathy Howse 365 Days Challenge 2010-2011

Just bumping up the thread. How's everyone doing with their regimen? I'm still DCing twice a week.

I'm in, here's my regimen

wash/co-wash 2x weekly
DC 2x weekly - I day Cathy Howse's Conditioner, 1 day Aceite de Olivia conditioner
Aphogee every six weeks
relax every 10 weeks
minimum direct heat (will be rollersetting a lot)
vitamins - multi, b5, msm and fish oil

Surprisingly I have been sort of following her regime without even knowing it!

Since its too late to actually join the challenge, I will be following along for the last six months (or so).

My regimen:

wash/co-wash - at least 2 times weekly (poo of choice: Devacurl Low Poo)
Porosity Control - once a week
DC at least once week (I follow this rotation: Week 1) Megatek (protein) followed by a deep moisture DC Week 2) Alter Ego Garlic Condish Week 3) Condish of choice (I have other collections to get thru))
Leave In conditioner
JBCO/argan oil/Vatika
Vitamins via green shakes, plus: MSM, Omega 3-6-9, garlic

On weeks 2 & 3, I apply an overnight light protein conditioner before bed then wash out the next morning.

I change this up a little for the summer.

Shampooed tonight with NuGro shampoo. DC'ed with Aphogee 2 minute mixed with EVOO, EVCO and peppermint EO. Now using a moisturizing DC.
Still shampooing and DC'ing twice per week.

I've been sticking to this challenges requirements just about to a 'T'. I do wash twice a week, one shampoo and one cowash. The only thing that I don't do is the protein treatment EVERY week. I wasn't too sure about doing one in the beginning anyway so I have stuck to using ORS Hair Mayo every other week. And I don't mix the OO and peppermint oil with the mayo, I mix it in with my conditioner when I do the cowash instead. Hope this isn't that big of a deal. Other than that, everything is going pretty smooth. I am so looking forward to a big difference at the end of this challenge.

Thanks Ladies......

I used the UBH DC'er for the 1st time tonight. Very thankful for this thread, because I was going to try to use it each wash-day.:blush: .... :nono:

After using it, I've decided I'd be better off using this just once a week. I followed up tonight with a Conditioning Rinse (Jasmine's Shea Butter Cream Rinse) but decided I'd better STEAM after this with a Uber Moisturizing DC'er.

I do have HV Moist 24/7 and Oyin Honey Hemp (and others), so I may try the conditioning rinse-out again.

Thanks Again! This thread was very helpful and informative.:grin:

When I first joined I deep conditioned with conditioner mixed with oils twice a week with heat for at least 30 min and my hair flourished! That is when I got the most growth. I guess I need to go back to my first love. Now is a good time to begin since I was not happy with my results after a 6 month stretch.

I fell of of this so bad. I've been conditioning and co-washing, etc... But I'm really thinking of doing a BC for the first time and just growing from there, to be honest. My hair ain't that bad, but I just had an issue with breakage and twists, etc that I'm looking at my hair right now and I want to start fresh.

Probably do it in May. I'm not rocking twists anymore since I'm saw them starting to chew my ends up. My fine hair can't take it.

jumping on this 1...ordered my deep cond and creme moisturizer 3 days ago!!! cant wait to get back into the swing of growing my hair and knowing im retaining length. only thing that ever worked for my hair

I love the CH regimen. My hair flourished when I first discovered it in Summer 2k7. Since then I went from bandwagon to bandwagon and my hair didn't like any of them.

I've been pretty consistent with this regimen since September 2k10 and I haven't had any kind of set back. My hair is much thicker and healthier.

we should start a strict one where ladies only use UBH products so we can collectively see the results instead of people substituting all over the place with different products getting different results...

Back