Can you dip the ends of yarn braids/twists to seal?

I was just watching a vid yesterday on YT where someone did dip the ends. I can't remember if they tied them in a knot first or not. I will see if I can find it.

Yes you can from the ones I've been watching lately it seems people knot the end and dip in hot water to seal....I dont think I would do curly ends in yarn braids though...I think I would just leave them straight....I :love: the way they look like locs.

Yes you can from the ones I've been watching lately it seems people knot the end and dip in hot water to seal....I dont think I would do curly ends in yarn braids though...I think I would just leave them straight....I :love: the way they look like locs.

I like that too! Beautiful! Have you seen these? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OH5tbNsM3Q Gorgeous!

But with the twists from the first one, they don't really look like locks, at all. They look like skinny twists with straight ends. Just not digging the ends straight like that, with the twisted look.

yes. i had twists and the girl braided my hair into 4 and dipped and it was curly for like 3-4 weeks before the curls relaxed out and needed to be redone.

Back