Can i install a weave right after i henna? powder and henna help..

coconess

Hey ladies, i reallllllly need your expertise..
Okay so i have a jamila henna (also some shikakai and tulsi powder) and i want to use it today, but i plan on installing a weave directly afterwards, is this okay? i have read so many horror stories about henna and im soooo scared of it being all hard and stuff... especially after being braided up in a weave for around a month.. I dont care about having color i just want to use it for its conditioning..

Okay IF i can put in a weave right after hennaing, can someone give me step by step directions (or link me) on what i need to mix it with (EO's, CO's, milk, whatever) in order for the best results on 4z natural hair? Also i have no clue about how im supposed to incorporate or use the shikakai and tulsi (ive read horror stories about shikakai.. what exactly do i need to do in order for it to come out right?) i am just getting into Indian products so i really need help.. i also have alma oil and id like to incorporate that as well (was thinking about doing a hot oil treatment with this before hennaing). Ive done a lot of searching and reading but its so much info to absorb.. if this is a repetitive and redundant question can you please just direct me to the answer(s)
ALL tips/opinions are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

coconess

34 views and no replies? nobody knows if i can put in a weave right after hennaing? was this a stupid question? Come on people i plan on doing the henna/install in a few hours..

coconess

bumping... i have found info about the powders and how to apply henna.. now i just need to know if its okay to henna right after installing..

Last edited:

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
Since this is your first time using henna I wouldnt put in a weave the same day. You dont know how your hair is going to react to henna and wont be able to tell you have a set back and fix the problem. Either do the henna and maybe wait a week or do the install. Please dont do both. HTH