Can I cut my 2 strand twists into a bob? Suggestions?

Ms Lala

Hey ladies,

My hair is somewhere between BSL and MBL stretched. I wear it in twists quite often and I'm starting to get bored. I am thinking of putting my hair into small 2 strand twists and cutting it into a bob. I still want to be able to wear my hair loose in a twist out wear. The other issue is that when my ends are blunt my twists don't hold well. Any suggestions on how I could accomplish this w/o jacking up my hair.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
so do you only want the bob look when you're wearing twists? if so, i guess that would work.

however, the shape might look weird on other styles.

also, if you're bored, why not try more styles? girl, you have so much hair to work with!! :drunk:

BlackMasterPiece

If you do the twists large enough its possible for it to shrink into a bob on its own....my twists shrank so much they resembled an angular bob just last summer. I did them about an inch thick each....

I dont think you have to cut your hair...there are other ways to get variety. Just look up some more natural looks online for inspiration.

Ms Lala

Rocky91;10987530[B said:
]so do you only want the bob look when you're wearing twists?[/B] if so, i guess that would work.

however, the shape might look weird on other styles.

also, if you're bored, why not try more styles? girl, you have so much hair to work with!! :drunk:

NO I was hoping to still get the bob look when I wear twist outs. Right now my hair is just big. I like it but want a new look.

Any style suggestions? I'm bored with flat twists and twisted styles in general. That's why I was considering a cut.

If you do the twists large enough its possible for it to shrink into a bob on its own....my twists shrank so much they resembled an angular bob just last summer. I did them about an inch thick each....

I dont think you have to cut your hair...there are other ways to get variety. Just look up some more natural looks online for inspiration.

That's an idea. I may try that before cutting.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
NO I was hoping to still get the bob look when I wear twist outs. Right now my hair is just big. I like it but want a new look.

Any style suggestions? I'm bored with flat twists and twisted styles in general. That's why I was considering a cut.

That's an idea. I may try that before cutting.
i'd do more "out" styles. youtube is a great resource. :yep:
my newest craze is the braid 'n' curl, it's adorable and can last a long time. the lady in the vid is a member here, westndnbeauty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB5NLxWoTU8

also, how about a straight look or a blowout just to switch things up??

i'm not one to be against cutting if you really want to, but honestly, if you're in a style funk, losing length might not actually help.

a new cute shape can help though-i adore how my twistouts look on my new bob.

Ms Lala

Step AWAY from the scissors!!!:spank:

Why you gotta do that Kbragg? I just need a change. LOL.

i'd do more "out" styles. youtube is a great resource. :yep:
my newest craze is the braid 'n' curl, it's adorable and can last a long time. the lady in the vid is a member here, westndnbeauty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB5NLxWoTU8

also, how about a straight look or a blowout just to switch things up??

i'm not one to be against cutting if you really want to, but honestly, if you're in a style funk, losing length might not actually help.

a new cute shape can help though-i adore how my twistouts look on my new bob.

Thanks for the vid I'll check it out.

belldandy

this is what I was going to suggest.

Ms Lala

Ok I've been looking and I'm going to try twisting then setting my hair w/small or med size rollers while damp. I think it might give a similar look.

virtuenow

Yeah, Ms. Lala, BMP made a good point. I am actually sporting a twist/twistout bob right now. I did not have to cut my hair or anything. I just let it shrink up to its natural ability. And my hair is at a good length. My signature picture was taken over a year and my hair still shrinks into a nice bob if I let it. I've gotten alot of compliments on my new cut (tehe). I hope you don't cut b/c I look to you for inspiration on the growth track!

Sianna

I'm a bit of a scissor junkie myself, but I really would not advise you to cut your hair just to switch it up. Like other's have mentioned, you can simply utilize your hair's natural shrinking ability for a shorter look. :yep:

That's one of the great things about natural hair! Oh, and youtube is a really great place to look for additional styling ideas!

Of course I have no suggestions. Right now, I can only dream of having hair as long as yours!