Camille Rose Vs. Mielle Organics Comparison Thread

I am a 4a/b, fine hair, low to medium density, low porosity too and I've tried a lot of products from both lines. I like both lines, but for different things.

Camille Rose - almond jai twisting butter and aloe whipped butter gel are great. I've used both for years. I like the ginger rinse as a light cleanser. It has never stripped my hair and I'm on bottle #4. The coconut water deep treatment is anothwe good one. This is not the same as products with coconut oil, which my hair hates. I like the Curl Maker gel for definition, but it is sticky. My all-time favorite product is the Cocoa Nibs & Honey growth oil. It leaves my hair soft and it is lightweight (I can't do most heavy oils).

I did not like the Moroccan pear conditioner (way too thick for me but works on my daughter's high porosity hair), ajani growth balm (too many granules), latte leave-in (did nothing for me), honey leave-in (way too sticky), algae renew (made my hair hard).

I'm on the fence about the fresh Curl and Curl milk. I just bought both to retry them this year. I didn't like either one the first time I tried them about 4 or 5 years ago, but they were reformulated and I got a fresh Curl sample that I liked.

I have more in-depth reviews, with pictures, on my blog (http://www.silkendove.com/2016/05/power-product-line-review-camille-rose.html). I even did a battle of the butters a year ago (http://www.silkendove.com/2016/06/camille-rose-battle-of-butters.html).

Mielle to follow in second post.

Last edited:
For Mielle, my holy grail is the Avocado Hair Milk. It moisturizes every time and reminds me of oyin hair Dew.

My other top favorite is the deep conditioner. It leaves my hair moisturized but strong, and abruptly stopped a breakage issue I was having.

The mint almond oil is ok. It is lightweight and feels good, but doesn't beat out the Camille Rose cocoa nibs.

The honey ginger gel gave me serious flakes, though my hair was soft. If you look at the wash n go thread, other ladies got flakes too.

The co-wash is super light, so i returned it. The peony leave-in is also super light. I mix it with water and use it as a refresher spray. My daughter's hair (high porosity) loves it. My hair wasn't impressed.

The shampoo is ok. Not bad, not good, just average.

The babuassu Curl Cream is finicky. Sometimes my hair is soft. Sometimes it is super dry. I have to watch what I pair it with.

The edge control didn't work for me, but edge controls never do. Quality wise, it seemed good

I just bought the whole pomegranate and honey line to try.

I have more extensive reviews on my blog for mielle too - http://www.silkendove.com/2017/04/power-product-review-mielle-organics.html

Last edited:
Not to derail the thread but i think Mane Choice products are amazing! I love the ancient Egyptian twisting gel - I use it for WnGs. The biotin gel has great slip but it flakes. I may play with different leave-in to find the right pairing.
I love all the shampoos, the 3 in 1 detangler is my HG cowash, all the oils, the heavenly halo collection has some good stuff as well.

Lol, I swear I'm not sponcerd by them, but wish I was... :drunk:
I love the biotin gel. I usually pair with 3 n 1 conditioner or ors ghee leave in conditioner i don't get flakes with either.

Back