BSL 2012 Challenge!!!

Mjon912

Thanks, lady! :)
I will likely do extensions. I'm leaning toward twists but curly braids may work as well. It's hot and my scalp needs to breathe! LoL

CurlsBazillion
Grow on, girl!! Next check in will be BSL!! :D

Hey Livinthevida...congrads on apl... MzSwift you growth for Sept 11 to now is so nice...what ps are you planning on doing
Mjon912 CONGRATULATIONS on reaching APL too!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: If we keep with our HHJ we'll reach BSL 2012 and beyond :yep: and I see a few of my favorite APL Challengers lamaria211, shortdub78, and many others Hi Ladies! :wink2:

Zero time now yet I'll return this evening to post my very first roller-setting pictures using Wild Growth Hair Oil (WGHO) applying ear to ends yesterday with Satin Foam Rollers!

Not doing much to my hair this past week, n I think my hair is appreciating the break. I rinsed my DC yesterday n walked around the house with wet hair & fell in love with the sensation of having that heavy hair on my back :lick:

Wore my hair out this past weekend but decided to cowash last night & try bantu knots for the first time on semi-airdried hair. Took them out this morning. They weren't dry all the way so came out

ForumRunner_20120702_141751.jpg

ForumRunner_20120702_141751.jpg

frizzy, but still good for a first timer! I may do this more often...super easy style!

Sigh, I want to wash my hair, but I am enjoying my high buns. I need to DC, but maybe will wait until the weekend. My ends are seeming to be nice and tucked away in the bun. The key for me has been to wear a braid bun instead of a bun where my hair is loose. Braid buns seem to hold moisture better. :yep:

Ladies here's my comparison pics of roller-setting with Wild Growth Hair Oil (WGHO) vs Organic Coconut Oil (OCO)! Now that I am using a new hair oil I TRULY LOVE WGHO over OCO :2inlove:

WGHO does a really good job keeping my hair very light and not weighed down. OCO definitely gave much more shine for my type of hair yet WGHO is so much softer with these results. I like that my hair has bounce and is lightweight on my shoulders! I am beginning to think OCO is better to use in cooler months as a sealant to the harsh weather and WGHO is best for warmer months to keep my hair light and carefree! I just felt like I stepped out of a salon! VAAVAAAVOOOOOOOM :kiss3:

I've added quick pictures here showing my left and right side with WGHO, my curly APL end :grin:, ready for my workout I set a loose bun!, and a May OCO roller-set to June WGHO roller-set:

Attachments

• leftside_wgho!.JPG
    leftside_wgho!.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 32
  • rightside_wgho!.JPG
    rightside_wgho!.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 32
  • averycurliend_wgho!.JPG
    averycurliend_wgho!.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 29
  • milooseworkoutbun_wgho!.JPG
    milooseworkoutbun_wgho!.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 29
  • rollerset_oco vs wgho!.JPG
    rollerset_oco vs wgho!.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
As a result of the encouragement of the lovely ladies in the APL 2012 thread and the inspirational post by NJoy I figured it was time I mosied on over here because I've finally found the tenacity to believe full BSL for myself by the end of this year.

What is your goal date for BSL? December 2012

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story? When I was younger my hair was thick and HL, then I started relaxing, coloring, and otherwise abusing my hair and it slowly shortened until it stopped at shoulder length where it remained. etc. I have been on my HJ for about 2 years now and I've learned ALOT especially from LHCF and lately my hair has been cooperating :).

Whats your current length? SL in the front, APL+ in the back.

Relaxed

Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL? Stay consistant with my current regimen. M&S daily, apply HTGE to my scalp nightly, DC 1-2wk w/ heat, comb only on DC days, henna every 6 weeks, relax every 14-16 weeks, wear buns 90% of the time.

What do you plan to do once you make BSL? Once I reach BSL, I plan to stay disciplined and focused on WL-once there, I'll see how I feel :yep:.

I will post starting picts later today.

Last edited:
Ladies i need your opinion yay or nay:
i keep my hair 11 or 12 celies most of the time so i was wondering if nightly rebraiding when i m&s would be too much manipulation? I think its okay if this is the only time my hair is being touched

i keep my hair 11 or 12 celies most of the time so i was wondering if nightly rebraiding when i m&s would be too much manipulation? I think its okay if this is the only time my hair is being touched

For me I get a lot more breakage from detangling if I don't braid/twist nightly so it's a lesser of two evils situation for me

ManiiSweetheart said:

I dont think its to bad but
What are you moisturizing with? Do you have to take the celies out to moisturize? If so why not try a spray moisturizer.hth

newnyer it came out really nice...great job for your first time!!!

I'm back in my bun... I called myself being cute and was wearing my hair down today, trying to enjoy my fresh touch up, well me and the hubby decided to go to kings dominion and had the windows rolled down the whole way...that plus 95 degree weather and going on the roller coasters had my hair a poofy knotted mess...as soon as I got home I put on Organix Shea butter on the length, some hairveda whipped ends on my ends and some Marrakesh oil on my ends to seal... Mnow it's wrapped, hopefully I didn't do any damage:nono:

Last edited:
Mjon912 thanks!! I was happy with my results but had to wash out today. I should have just left the curls alone and put a bonnet on or something last night, but instead put in bantu knots in again on dry, already curly hair (I was worried I would sleep too hard & smash the curls). Anyway, took the knots out today and my hair was ssooo tangled & dry, but after dousing my hair w/ oil & conditioner I think crisis has been averted. Hey, lesson learned, right? Lol I still plan on doing this style more often...it was so easy!

bssl.jpg

Took out my weave and measured my hair this morning, I'm going to make it VERY soon!!

Last edited:
newnyer...welcome, I've tried knot outs a couple of times with the same problem...and when I sleep on them with out re twisting my hair looks awful, the side I slept on is all straight and the other side is half straight and half curly so when I retwist them at night I moisturize my hair and add some oil, hop in the shower with only a shower cap then right before I go to bed put my scarf on, and when I wake up first thing I do is take my scarf off to make sure there dry before I take them down...
NinasLongAmbition your almost there!!! YAY For you =)... How long have you been trying to get to BSL?

Last edited:
Back