Brandy Braids like in Boy is Mine Video

fancypants007

Hi all, I've decided to put big braids in my hair and do them every two weeks. I just recently did my own braids and it took me 5 hours to do them. I want to keep this style until July of next year because I'm trying to achieve 5". I was looking at the video of Brandy's hair and this is the kind of braids I want, the big plaits, not the microbraids. I know she has microbraids and she braided them into these big plaits, but can anybody offer any suggestions as to how I can do this without microbraids. I was thinking about trying to wing it myself, but I thought of you ladies and decided to ask for help. Anything you suggest will be appreciated.

If you want to do what I think you just have to part your hair in bigger sections and use more hair.

Im sure you will be able to figure it out because its much more complicated with smaller braids, I did that style when I was in school and I braided it in myself. Just make sure you dont put a big braid on a small piece of hair because it may pull on your hair too much:perplexed

Gud Luk!:look:

You can just go for medium sized braids. I had micro braid for a year before LHCF....they dont do anything for your hair apart from the look. I now do ghanian braids all the time. The key is to moisturise because the extentions turn to suck out your moisture from your hair....you will have to use a bit more than usual...

Those braids Brandy had in that video were sewn in!!! I've seen that kind of hair in the bss. Teeny tiny microbraids on a track. So you'd only have to micro-braid the top and front of the hair to make it look like you have them all over. Like a sew-in but with braids. :)

Those braids Brandy had in that video were sewn in!!! I've seen that kind of hair in the bss. Teeny tiny microbraids on a track. So you'd only have to micro-braid the top and front of the hair to make it look like you have them all over. Like a sew-in but with braids. :)

Thanks ladies for your responses. I play the video and I "freeze it" to study Brandy's braids and to try to understand how they are braided. I will try it and hopefully i will succeed with what I'm looking for.

You can just go for medium sized braids. I had micro braid for a year before LHCF....they dont do anything for your hair apart from the look. I now do ghanian braids all the time. The key is to moisturise because the extentions turn to suck out your moisture from your hair....you will have to use a bit more than usual...

What are ghanian braids?

If you want to do what I think you just have to part your hair in bigger sections and use more hair.

Im sure you will be able to figure it out because its much more complicated with smaller braids, I did that style when I was in school and I braided it in myself. Just make sure you dont put a big braid on a small piece of hair because it may pull on your hair too much:perplexed

Gud Luk!:look:

What type of synthetic hair did you use to get the big plaits and how many big plaits did you have total on your head. Were they heavy? Did you start in the back, the front, or on the side when braiding these plaits. Sorry for all the questions.

Back