Braid-Wearers help me please

AsTheCurlzTurns

Ok I'm transitioning to natural and I've decided I'll just chop off the remaining in June. So what I've considered doing is wearing braids. Now I'm skilled at doing them myself, but my problem lies with my hair having 2 different textures, so I'm trying to see what type of extensions is best. I've pretty much worn all different kinds (I know, I know, BAD IDEA!, but I didn't know that then) Would you say human? kanekalon? synthetic? or other kinds? Please explain your reasoning behind this. I've worn braid styles lots of times, but only while my hair was relaxed. Which is why I'm unsure with the different textures I have going on my head, I just don't know if it would qualify to do the same as I been doing since my natural hair outweighs the tex- ends. Any suggestions? TIA!

ETA: The braid styles I'm contemplating are corn-row styles if that helps any.

Last edited:

glamazon386

If you're getting cornrows get Kanekalon hair. Usually the style of the braid dictates the type of hair. Senegalese twists, cornrows, box braids, goddess braids - Kanekalon. Micros - Human hair. Kinky Twist - Puffy Screw, Marley Braid, Hand Braid, etc... It doesn't matter if your hair is relaxed or not. The same hair would be used.

Mook's hair

If you're getting cornrows get Kanekalon hair. Usually the style of the braid dictates the type of hair. Senegalese twists, cornrows, box braids, goddess braids - Kanekalon. Micros - Human hair. Kinky Twist - Puffy Screw, Marley Braid, Hand Braid, etc... It doesn't matter if your hair is relaxed or not. The same hair would be used.

Co-signing everything that Glamazon just said.

The style dictates the type of hair. The fact that you are transitioning has no effect.