Bra Strap 2006 Update

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)
Hi Ladies!! How are we doing? I have been so busy with being a new teacher that i have not posted in a while. I'm about to take some new pics and post them, though!! I am making great progress. My hair grew about 7-8 inches since my BC in August 2004. I started at 2 inches and now I'm at 9. I had a trim or 2 in there so I say it probably grew around 8 inches since when I put the tape measure up to my hair it says 9 inches!! I'll surely be brastrap sometime in early 2006 at this rate!! I thought it would be December 2006, but I think I can get there earlier!!! What about you?!!!

naptrl

Sosoothing

I am still a little new to the board so I missed the "signing up" date for this challenge. I hope its not too late for me. I am pretty sure if all goes as planned, I will be at or very close to bra strap this time next year. I am currently wearing braids and trying not to get a relaxer till December.
I tried MTG during the month of June, but did not notice any significant change in growth. On the other hand everyone is getting such great progress that I am thinking about giving it another try.
Washing weekly and moisturizing up to 2 times a day. I dont condition my hair when its in braids because I find it so cumbersome to do so.

sharee

I finally got tired of the thin see through ends after transitioning for almost 11 months (September 24th was my last relaxer). So, I chopped off about 3 or 4 inches. Now, I am a little below shoulder length. I still hope to make brastrap by the end of 2006 though.

secretdiamond

is the challenge to have bra strap hair by Jan 2006 or Dec 2006? I've never done a challenge so I've been wondering about this for a while.

sillygurl18

It's anytime in 2006 if I'm not mistaken. I asked if it was anytime in 2006 when the challenge started and was told that it was. That said, some are shooting for the beginning and some are shooting for the end.

Queenie

Well, I have 5 inches to go. So it should be next summer for me. My hair decided to take a growth break earlier this year, :mad: but now it's back on track.

I'm trying some new things to simulate my growth, so maybe I'll get there even quicker. :grin: I'm trying essential oils, whole head baggie (at night), and increased protein intake (i'm a vegetartian).

Cinnabuns

Is it to late for me to join in?

I did the big chop in May 2005 but I'm not sure if I will make it to my bra-srap by anytime in 2006...but I'm gonna shoot for it anyways.

Please sign me up. :)

sugaplum

Star Shooter
I'd like to get signed up too. :)

I did the BC June 10th. I don't know if I will reach Bra Strap by 2006 but I wish shoot for it. :weird:

NewYorkgyrl

I would like to sign up too (if I haven't already). This is my first goal. After that I am shooting for waistlength.

jaded_faerie

I think ive already signed im not sure....but i havent measured my hair since my last relaxer in May(18in) i had about 6in to go until bra-strap....so i am hoping to be there May/June...sometime summer2006 :)

I am doing good. I am very pleased with my progress. I have about 5 inches to go!! MTGing, CW every other day & baggie. I cant wait till I reach!

naptrl

We're glad to have the new ladies!! Yes, it's brastrap by any time in 2006. I thought it would take me to December, but I'm already at 9 inches, so I think I'll make it by summer!

Naijaqueen

I wanna join, my target goal is Dec 2006 though, I figure if I can reach shoulder by Dec 2005, and Armpit length by Summer 2006, then why not :D

naptrl

Okay ladies!! It's time for some more updates!! How are we doing. I'm about 4 inches away I think! I'll definitely be there next year. My goal is my birthday 4/28!!

Healthb4Length

I think I'm on this challenge but not sure, anyho...I would like to join, I'm really close to bra length now, I think I am there but can't be for sure because of the shrinkage factor.

Samaria

I would like to be apart of the challenge as well.. I am almost at brastrap. I will try to have exact measures as well as pics asap

cocoberry10

naptrl said:
Okay ladies!! It's time for some more updates!! How are we doing. I'm about 4 inches away I think! I'll definitely be there next year. My goal is my birthday 4/28!!

I signed up for this challenge. Right now I have braids as a protective style. I'm not sure where I will be when I take them out. I would say at least 6 inches to go, but it looks like I've had a lot of growth, especially in the back (in 5 weeks, almost 1.5-2", I think???). Anyway, I hope to be at brastrap sometime in 2006, I won't say when, just by the end.

Also, I need some advice. Like I said, it looks like I've had a lot of growth in the back with the braids, but I can't tell how much it's grown in the front. I know it's grown a little, and I know our hair textures have "shrinkage," but I wanted to know if there was anything to stimulate growth in the front. I use MTG (for the last 4 weeks) and S-Curl mixed with my liquid oil (also for the last 4 weeks). When my hair is out, it's always longer in the back and grows a lot faster in the back (could be due to the fact that the back of my hair is a softer texture, the front is a little coarser). Thanks, and please help a sista out.

Cocoberry10

Guyaneek

I wanna be down :lol:
I don't know if I signed up before or not but I bc'ed in May 05 to about 2 inches. I'm not at about 6 inches so I have about 7 inches to go. So I hope to met BSL by Dec 05.
I'll be getting braids in a month or so (when I raise enough funds to pay for them :lachen:
but for now, I cowash 2x per week and baggie every day :look:

ETA: MTGing and Im on a personal no heat challenge for the rest of the year!!!

Last edited:

cocowhite

I would like to join this challenge. I don't have an actual date, but I am about 4 inches away from bra-strap, so I will sometime next year around April 2006.

sharee

Well I was well on my way to BS but I just couldn't take the drastic V shape you see in my Avatar. I cut about 3-4 inches off in August. Hopefully, I can get to BS by Summer of next year or so...I am just happy that after a year of care it is thicker than last year. I am not going to do any updates until the end of the year. I did much better last year when Den1 started the no length check challenge. To the rest of the ladies on the challenge HHG!!!

LeNghtyDreAms

i think i joined this challenge, but if not I'm down, last relaxer touch up i had 5 1/2in to go, i havent relaxed in 10 weeks and i'm tryna stretch until Christmas, but i guess im about 4 in away, hopefully i'll get to bra strap by late April early May.

Healthb4Length

I'm doing ok, right now I'm in braids so I don't really know the true length. Last time I checked I was about 1.5-2 inches away, so I am excited. It maybe more though because I need to trim my ends...we'll see.:)

imani97

I was thinking about this challenge the other day. I think that I am still going strong. My stylist understands and supports me in my goal. I am also refraining from using heat other than when I go to the Dominicans. My goal is February of 2006. I hope I make it! I plan on making a weekend of it including going to the spa. It's nice that it is around V-day so that I can look extra fly!

I'm in. I need to really forcus on growing my hair. I plan on cutting it short for my 30th birthday so i'll only have 5 years to wear it long. Right now i'm about 3 inches from bra-strap. I also wan't to grow my sides out. I have trouble with the sides and back being even and often cut the back to lessen the gap in inches. I am REALLY fond of Southerngirls hair. Her long bangs are the ON HIT!!!!(had to bring it back to 93' :grin:) I plan on getting my hair pressed and flat ironed once a month. That should last me a week(yeah right) Then, the next week I'll wear a ponytail/bun/clip--something like that. Then for the two weeks prior to my next salon visit I'll wear cornrows, twists, insta weave--something like that(more often cornrows probably). For products I need to find a line that's good for my hair. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ;) . I have really THICK/DENSE hair but my strands are thin. Plus they have the propensity to get really dry--'specially my ends--so if anyone can point me in the direction of some good products I'll :love: you!!! I really do like WGO though. :) Oh YES!!!! Trims--I will be a trimming a bit every 8 weeks. We'll see how it goes... :)

rai

In terms of growth...I think I am on target. My hair is growing maybe .25 to .5 inch a month. Now I know that may not seem like it's a lot, but Hey I figure as long as it's growing then it's all good. My problem is RETAINING the length. I have natural hair and my hair type is 4b. I have tried twisting it and leaving it, shampooing in sections, etc. I don't know what to do to keep my ends. ANy suggetsions.... What works for you ladies?