Beware of the Bootleg Beauty Supplies!!!

scorpian

:eek: I went to my fave BSS today(been going there for yrs always good service and nearby which is convenient)anyway I bought what i thought was the Jane Carter Solution poo and cond and leave in
I had been reading reviews on here and researching the ingredients on their website and it all looked good
I had purchased the Wrap and Roll and the Nourish and Shine hair butter from the same BSS a few weeks ago
When I got home the ingredients on the back were full of parabens so I compared the back of my bottles to the ingredients on the Jane Carter website
My bottles were bootleg!!The ingredients were all different from the web
I contacted Jane Carter cust service and explained what happened they told me to return those to the store cause they don't know what was in those bottles they were not the real deal She said they add suppliers to their list all the time but my store was not on the list.Someone copied labels and sold them to the BSS!!!!:eek: This same store has bootleg Nexxus and Affirm(the Affirm relaxer had my friends neck swollen and she had big lumps all over her scalp and forehead.It took days for the swelling to go down and when it did she was left with big black spots like busted blisters on her face that took months to fade.She never connected this with the BSS till now)
Well I went to the store with my printout of the ingredients and they gave me a full refund(policy is only store credit or exchange)The boss wasn't there but the clerk said she'll give the boss my printout and tell her what the rep at Jane Carter said.I am happy I didn't use that mess on my kids hair and I was sure to tell them that at the BSS

I don't want what happened to me or my friend to happen to any of you ladies so please be very aware of what you but at some BSS stores Especially if you're in a city like I am where there are several BSS stores on every corner.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

That is crazy and not the 1st time something like that has been mentioned here.

Thanks for sharing with us!!

Thanks for this info. I have been considering purchasing some Jane Carter products, but will make sure I check with their customer service for a supplier list.

I certainly need to be more vigilant and do some research on products (like checking the ingredients list) before purchasing beauty supplies.

I do agree with both of you ladies
This is especially important for people who have allergies to the ingredients in certain products

I have seen jane carter out here in the asian BSS and I called the cust. serv., they had never heard of them. The directed me to whole foods. That is soo shady with the affirm.... damn

That is very scary, that's why I'd rather order stuff online DIRECTLY from the manufacturers.

Oh my stars! I need to be more careful too. I always shop at the Asian beauty supply stores in my neighborhood. While nothing bad has ever happened to me, I would hate to think that Im spending real dollars on fake ish...:mad:

Thanks for sharing this.

HERE'S AN Article:

Collen IP Executes Seizure on Behalf of an International Beauty Supply Company, Netting Thousands of Pieces of Counterfeit Beauty Lotions, Cremes, and Soaps, and More Than 250,000.00 in Cash

August 2003 - Acting on behalf of an international beauty supply company which engages in the manufacture, import, export, and distribution of soaps, creams, and lotions worldwide, Collen IP obtained a temporary restraining order and order of seizure against a Brooklyn, New York based importer and distributor of counterfeit health and beauty supplies.

Execution was carefully coordinated and performed simultaneously at three New York locations yielding thousands of counterfeit products and more than a quarter million dollars in cash and bank accounts. “The success of this operation can only be attributed to the diligent efforts of our team of investigators, our support staff, and the United States Marshal’s office." said partner, Matthew C. Wagner. Also cited as key factors was the decision to take action, upon good information, on an urgent and immediate basis. The temporary restraining order was converted into a preliminary injunction after an evidentiary hearing before Judge William Trager at the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York in Brooklyn.

ok I've heard of bootleg DVD's/CD's..etc but bootleg beauty supplies?? what next? :mad:

I'm so glad you read the ingredient listing scorpian! The BSS store couldn't have done anything BUT gave you a full refund. That's such a shame!

I just wanted to add, be careful what soaps you buy. I bought what I thought was Dove soap about a month ago. I ended up with a rash all over my face, neck & shoulders. I still have a few dark marks left.

Back