Best way to cut hair for twistout style?

loveisnthehouse

I plan on cutting some layers and maybe cutting some inches off in February and I am preparing myself with as much information now as I can get. I plan on cutting my hair dry and flat ironed. The only issue I have with that is my main style is a twist out. I am afraid that if I cut my hair while straight I will think it is too short while in the twist out. Do you think there is a way I can account for the shrinkage I will have? Should I add an inch to what I am cutting? I have thought about cutting my hair while in the twist out, but then on the occasion I do where my hair straight I am afraid it would be uneven. What do you think?

Just an idea, don't know how effective it'll be...

Why not try measuring your hair while its straight, measuring it while curly/twisted out, so you can determine how much shrinkage you really have. Once you know how much an inch of straight hair is equivalent to in curly hair, you could do the math and figure out how much to take off the top, bottom, etc for your layers, and have it cut straight. And when doing the math, just take into consideration that hair hangs less when its shorter.

Good luck

How about cutting your hair in its curly or slightly stretched shape?

I know some of us like super blunt ends (your soggy pics are FAB btw), but if you mostly wear your hair in a twist out, I would cut/shape the hair while it's in the state in which you normally wear your hair. It's the only way you can be sure you'll be happy with the end result.

HTH

Thanks for the responses ladies! I am still deciding on what I will do, but I will take what you said into consideration. And I will most definitly post pictures of my cut once I do it in Feb!

Back