Baggying the ends before wet bunning

Butterfly08

Ok, I've been cowashing and bunning for the past month or so. My ends seemed to keep getting smushed and slightly dried out though, so I decided to try to wrap my ends with saran wrap. That didn't go over too well :ohwell: so I cut a plastic baggy, wrapped it around the ends and secured with a small cotton elastic band. Then I twisted my hair around to form a bun and tucked the baggied ends behind the bun. I'll take it out tonight to gauge its effects. :spinning:

My question is, do you think using a rubber band on top of the baggy could still cause damage? :look: Does anyone else bun this way, and how do you like the results?

TIA!

I've never tried it quite that way (I just baggy the whole ponytailor bun), but I definitely don't believe that a rubberband over the baggy would cause any damage (I think the product(s) being used on the ends would prevent that).
Maybe your ends need a little protein to get that mushy feeling to go away?
Keep us posted!

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. I tried it and when I took the bun down the plastic was no longer on the ends. :-/

The elastic was so loose though, so maybe next time I will try a rubber band!

My sister is WL she baggy her ends w/rubber band then fold the hair to form a french roll bobby pin to secure. Voila! I've done it after seeing hers and it works very well.

My sister is WL she baggy her ends w/rubber band then fold the hair to form a french roll bobby pin to secure. Voila! I've done it after seeing hers and it works very well.

Currently I am SL but that is what I will be doing this weekend.

I dont think the rubber band would cause damage at all. I actually do this to secure my ends under some kind of baggying. No damage yet.

I don't know if would cause damage, I haven't tried it that way, I don't use rubber bands. BUT, be cautious of apply the same pressure to same area (especially fragile ends) over long periods of time -- it could weaken that particular spot. Just a thought.

Back