Baggy method vs Braids

brandy

Hi ladies,
I have been wondering does one achieve more growth with a baggy method or with wearing braids?
I suspect with the baggy method one could wash the hair and treat more often.
Could you lovely ladies that have tried both methods enlighten me on this issue please and thanks in advance.

Hi,
I have braids and wash every 2/3 days - my hair grows well in braids. I also baggy when my hair is out of braids and i find i retain good moisture...
i resently started bagging my braids and i retain moisture in the braids too.
i don't think there's one that is better, more which is suited to you. if you like braids, there's no reason you can still bag them and if you prefer to have your hair out, do the baggy method but dont but heavy oils and creams in your hair...
HTH:)

TemiLnd said:
Hi,
I have braids and wash every 2/3 days - my hair grows well in braids. I also baggy when my hair is out of braids and i find i retain good moisture...
i resently started bagging my braids and i retain moisture in the braids too.
i don't think there's one that is better, more which is suited to you. if you like braids, there's no reason you can still bag them and if you prefer to have your hair out, do the baggy method but dont but heavy oils and creams in your hair...
HTH:)

Thank you TemiLnd, that is a very good combination. I would try this some day soon.

When I first started my hair journey, I did the baggy all the time and now that my hair is in box braids I moisten my hair w/Scurl and put it into a bun. They both protect the ends so I would think they both promote hair growth. I intend to leave the braids in for a year so I'll definitely see if there's any difference in July of 2008...

in terms of length rentention, nothing beats well done braids. Nothing. I've learned to braid my own hair in many different ways and also done the baggie technique and others for a while. All the methods have some success but braids has the edge because of the maintenance issues, locked in moisture, etc..

Like TemiLnd, I personally like to baggy in braids. That way i'm protective styling and keeping my hair well moisturized.

missnappylady said:
Like TemiLnd, I personally like to baggy in braids. That way i'm protective styling and keeping my hair well moisturized.
ME TOO:wave: :clap: :clap: :clap: :) I THINK WHEN I STARTED TO BAG MY HAIR STARTED TO GROW?

Last edited:
Back