Bad hair

Im having a bad hair not day, but weeks. My hair just aint right. It wont do right, it dont look right, it cant get right. Its in a big humongous poof right now and this is after 2 days of correction. This is not a nice poof but an ugly poof and its getting on my nerves.

Thats all.

I feel you. I hate when my hair is a big poof but not a nice big poof, especially when the roots are way more poofy than the ends and I can't smooth my hair into any type of nice style.

Boy oh boy all I can say is I can't wait until I have those type of big poof problems with my hair! That's all.:lol:

It's hard for me to believe that your hair looks like anything but FANTASTIC, Flame ... but I'll take your word for it. :grin:

Anyhoo, I feel ya. I've been there myself. When my hair won't act right, I usually just clarify, henna or hard protein, then deeply moisturize and then voilà ... a new head of hair!

Works every time.

It's hard for me to believe that your hair looks like anything but FANTASTIC, Flame ... but I'll take your word for it. :grin:

How gullible! I have a hard time believing a lot of things without proof. :look:

OP, pics speak a thousand words and help clarify whatchu talmbout. :poke:

I mean, how else can we sympathize and offer support when we can't see your pain. :look:

Nonie you really wanna see a pic of this????

Ok......Imma prove it. I did try to purtify it up a bit cuz I didnt wanna look too crazy when DH came home.

Nonie you really wanna see a pic of this????

Ok......Imma prove it. I did try to purtify it up a bit cuz I didnt wanna look too crazy when DH came home.

I'd never tire of seeing your hair, so yes please! Methinks it won't be as bad as you think it is to a lot of us. You just are better acquainted with it so you can tell when something is off. But I'll be honest and let you know if I let out a scream of fright after you post. :giggle:

IMG_20110121_164607.jpg

IMG_20110121_164627.jpg

Nonie, you can scream now. LOL!

I didn't scream. I honestly would not have thought anything of it, but I've seen your hair looking better so I know what you're talking about.

I feel so clueless when it comes to relaxed hair...so I'm not sure what to suggest. What have you tried? Does your hair like cones? I know when I was relaxed when my hair would look frizzy, if I applied a serum to it while damp and then set it with a curling iron, or just let it airdry, the strands would be smooth without being sticky.

If it were my hair, with my little experience/knowledge on relaxed hair, I'd DC then make my final rinse an ACV rinse (very dilute). Then I'd apply John Frieda Serum to my wet hair and braid it in square braids and let it airdry. I'm guessing the braid out would not only be glossy and smooth but the hair would not be weighed down. My guess is Curlformers would give a nice frizz-free result if you put them on wet serumed hair. And if heat isn't something you're afraid to use, running a flatiron over hair that was allowed to airdry after a serum was applied to damp hair would give you a smooth finish.

That's what I'd do. Otherwise, Hun, it isn't scary at all.

I know exactly what the problem is. The other week I did a protien treatment with egg, yogurt, and mayo and it was too much. I havent been able to get it back normal since. I have done 2 DCs so far and then it took 2 days for my hair to airdry in a plait so I undid it and well, you see how it look.

You are too kind ya'll. It looks way more effed up in person.

I know exactly what the problem is. The other week I did a protien treatment with egg, yogurt, and mayo and it was too much. I havent been able to get it back normal since. I have done 2 DCs so far and then it took 2 days for my hair to airdry in a plait so I undid it and well, you see how it look.

i can relate to you. i did a protein prepoo last week, i usually leave it for 1 hour, but was so busy and left it for over 10hr:perplexed!!
since then my hair doesn't feel right, i have so far DC twice with AOHSR, bagying, but still it's not working!!!
hopefully we will manage to sort out the mess.

good luck

i can relate to you. i did a protein prepoo last week, i usually leave it for 1 hour, but was so busy and left it for over 10hr:perplexed!!
since then my hair doesn't feel right, i have so far DC twice with AOHSR, bagying, but still it's not working!!!
hopefully we will manage to sort out the mess.

good luck

Good luck to you too, girl.

I have protein overloaded before and it's not a good look. Breaking, drying, you name it. I DCd weekly and use absolutely no protein. I even baggied at night. I kept this up until finally my hair's moisture was restored.

I didn't scream. I honestly would not have thought anything of it, but I've seen your hair looking better so I know what you're talking about.

I feel so clueless when it comes to relaxed hair...so I'm not sure what to suggest. What have you tried? Does your hair like cones? I know when I was relaxed when my hair would look frizzy, if I applied a serum to it while damp and then set it with a curling iron, or just let it airdry, the strands would be smooth without being sticky.

If it were my hair, with my little experience/knowledge on relaxed hair, I'd DC then make my final rinse an ACV rinse (very dilute). Then I'd apply John Frieda Serum to my wet hair and braid it in square braids and let it airdry. I'm guessing the braid out would not only be glossy and smooth but the hair would not be weighed down. My guess is Curlformers would give a nice frizz-free result if you put them on wet serumed hair. And if heat isn't something you're afraid to use, running a flatiron over hair that was allowed to airdry after a serum was applied to damp hair would give you a smooth finish.

That's what I'd do. Otherwise, Hun, it isn't scary at all.

What are square braids?

Try using Honey & EVOO before co-washing with a moisturizing conditioner. That is how I get optimum moisture to correct protein overload.

What are square braids?

Sorry, I call singles square braids/parts as opposed to cornrows. I used to call them square plaits until I heard people call them singles...but that always used to confuse me with the tiny braids like extension braids (the medium sized ones). So when I use the word "square" in my head I mean bigger than medium sized plaits to give big waves. But you could do small ones if you like. And you don't have to part in squares. Finger parting that is not straight I find is best if you want the parts to "disappear" when you style. Or if you really prefer to part with a comb, you could do diamond parts for a nice uniform overlap of the hair that hides the scalp when you do a braidout. .

LOL @ the title. Why did I come in here with a lawn chair and some popcorn?

But I agree with divachyk about DCing with everything moisturizing until it goes back to normal. You might also want to give your hair a light dusting...I don't know why, but when my hair is acting out and I've tried everything I know, I just cut some off as a Hail Mary solution.
It almost always works too.

LOL @ the title. U
But I agree with divachyk about DCing with everything moisturizing until it goes back to normal. You might also want to give your hair a light dusting...I don't know why, but when my hair is acting out and I've tried everything I know, I just cut some off as a Hail Mary solution.
It almost always works too.

That usually works for me too! :yep:

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

Looks fine to me. Don't do anything drastic SF, I remember you wanted to cut not too long ago. Slather it with moisture twice a day.

ummmm can i just say i love your hair?

On another note, I would just put some moisturizer and straight moisturizing conditioner on the length of it, wet it up a little bit and put it in a big bun until your next wash day.

Haven't read the entire thread, but I saw the pics. Have you tried clarifying, and following it with a series of intense moisture DCs, and porosity control? Then continue on with steam and hot oil treatments. After a few, you'll be back to your normal beautiful hair.

Haven't read the entire thread, but I saw the pics. Have you tried clarifying, and following it with a series of intense moisture DCs, and porosity control? Then continue on with steam and hot oil treatments. After a few, you'll be back to your normal beautiful hair.

ITA. I would clarify, DC (moisture), and use a porosity treatment. I would then use a good leave-in and seal w/an oil that has ceramides. My hair is loving either hemp or safflower mixed w/olive oil right now. If that does not work try wearing some textured styles like braid outs until it is feeling normal again.

Back