Awesome book "Heaven is for Real"

blazingthru

There’s no evidence that the comma is in the wrong place in Luke 40:43. That’s definitely reaching. It also makes little sense to have the comma be a mistake. That basically translates the verse “This is what I’m telling you today, you will be with me in paradise.” If Jesus was going to make this comment, he would have left out the word “today.” He was obviously not speaking about tomorrow or yesterday. They were both going to die “today.” The thief wanted Jesus to remember him when he established his kingdom and Jesus assured him that when he died (which was today) he would immediately be in paradise with the Lord. Jesus was not unconscious and sleeping when he died. He did not lie to the thief:

“And when Jesus had cried out with a loud voice, He said, “Father, ‘into Your hands I commit My spirit.’”Having said this, He breathed His last.” (Luke 23:46). So Jesus went on to paradise upon his death. His body died and his spirit went with the Lord. The Bible also tells us that Jesus preached to the souls in prison, so he certainly was not unconscious during those three days his body was in the ground. His spirit was living on. 1 Peter 3:18-19: “For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison.”

There is also much evidence that when a believer dies, they will immediately be in the presence of the Lord:

“We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord. (2 Corinthians 5:8)”

Acts 7:57-61: “Then they cried out with a loud voice, stopped their ears, and ran at him with one accord; and they cast him out of the city and stoned him. And the witnesses laid down their clothes at the feet of a young man named Saul. And they stoned Stephen as he was calling on God and saying, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” Then he knelt down and cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not charge them with this sin.” And when he had said this, he fell asleep.”

It is clear in this passage that Stephen expected his soul/spirit to immediately be with the Lord upon his death. After the people stoned him, he fell asleep, which means he died. Sleep is often used to symbolize death in the Word of God. I don’t have the time to go through all those passages, but it is. Stephen didn’t just go into some state of unconsciousness or else why would He call to the Lord to take his spirit? He obviously meant right then and there because his body was about to die.

Philippians 1:21-23: “For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell. For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better.”

Why would Paul say that dying is gain if he meant he would just sleep on in some unconsciousness? He knows upon his death that he will immediately go on to be with the Lord. If all he had to look forward to is sleeping in a grave unconscious, why would he say that? It’s apparent that believers go on to immediately be with the Lord, which is why Paul wants to go, but also wanted to preach the gospel.

1 King 17:18-23: “So she said to Elijah, “What have I to do with you, O man of God? Have you come to me to bring my sin to remembrance, and to kill my son?” And he said to her, “Give me your son.” So he took him out of her arms and carried him to the upper room where he was staying, and laid him on his own bed. Then he cried out to the LORD and said, “O LORD my God, have You also brought tragedy on the widow with whom I lodge, by killing her son?” And he stretched himself out on the child three times, and cried out to the LORD and said, “O LORD my God, I pray, let this child’s soul come back to him.” Then the LORD heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came back to him, and he revived. And Elijah took the child and brought him down from the upper room into the house, and gave him to his mother. And Elijah said, “See, your son lives!”

This passage clearly illustrates that the soul is separate from the body. It’s plain as day.

Matthew 22:31-32: “But concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God, saying,‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.”And when the multitudes heard this, they were astonished at His teaching.”

This must mean that these people still exist after their death or the verse would say “was” and not “am.”

Those Who Died in Christ
13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

Asleep: Dead

Revelation 20:
5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. Why Not? who are these dead? When we die don't we go to hell? No we sleep and wait for judgment those who are saved are awaken as stated above those who are lost. Lost is not just a word there are Christians that are lost too. they remain in their graves.

This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.
Satan Freed, Doomed

7 When the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison, 8 and will come out to deceive the nations, At this point the dead that are lost are awaken. which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together for the war; the number of them is like the sand of the [c]seashore. 9 And they came up on the [d]broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the [e]saints and the beloved city, and fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10 And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and [f]brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. Judgment at the Throne of God

12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, (dead have no part in Christ) standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades( this is not hell its the grave) gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15 And if [k]anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Well I understand where you are coming from these things you posted I had learned this my entire life and it just didn't make sense to me it seem to contridict so many other things I read and I have learned that I was reading it all wrong. I know that you are going to continue to see things one way and others will encourage that. but its good as a Christian to have an open mind about things and to make sure that what you believe aligns with what is in the word of God Which without prayer can be very difficult at times to get a clear meaning. I have already reviewed all of the scriptures you posted prior to my changing my beliefs in great detail I would be exhausting this thread to add it all so I will leave it at this.

yodie

Checking back in. I skipped past the longer posts. This thread is going in a differet direction. I'm not saying that that I take every word in these books as pure fact. What I have said and will stand by, regardless of all the commentaries and scripture (I mean no disrespect to the word of God at all) is that this book, 'The Shack' touched my heart. It ministered to me and I understand that it may not have ministered to others and that's ok.

Just a general question though, if we can't really trust anyone's personal experience/accounts of heaven, then how do we accept the visions, revelations and the many miracles, signs and wonders that we read about in the bible? Aren't those accounts told by someone else?
Just food for thought. I'm not trying to argue anyone down here. Just sharing what's on my mind when I should be asleep. Night ladies!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
ThatJerseyGirl ... awesome story. Thanks for sharing it. When babes speak, it's a blessing to listen to what they say, IMHO. Too quickly these days we dismiss what children have to say, esp when it involves a death. Just a reminder for me that the wonderment of God's glory isn't just for children...

I get the feeling that most of these threads turn out like this... Like a debate. I have seen people spit scripture out in triumph because they want to "inform". But it isn't in love. At all. It feels combative and self-righteous. Heaven IS real. It's a very real place. Just like Hell is a very real place. Books like these are testimonies. That being said, ThatJerseyGirl, that was amzing. God is awesome. He knows just what will get us and I'm sure that was a great source of comfort for your friend. Another great book I liked was 90 minutes in heaven and for those interested, 23 minutes in Hell. In 23 minutes of Hell, He actually saw people faliing from above and knew immediately that they had just died. Instantaneously. Very powerful tools of testimony:)

Last edited:

TraciChanel

I get the feeling that most of these threads turn out like this... Like a debate. I have seen people spit scripture out in triumph because they want to "inform". But it isn't in love. At all. It feels combative and self-righteous. Heaven IS real. It's a very real place. Just like Hell is a very real place. Books like these are testimonies. That being said, ThatJerseyGirl, that was amzing. God is awesome. He knows just what will get us and I'm sure that was a great source of comfort for your friend. Another great book I liked was 90 minutes in heaven and for those interested, 23 minutes in Hell. In 23 minutes of Hell, He actually saw people faliing from above and knew immediately that they had just died. Instantaneously. Very powerful tools of testimony:)

My thoughts exactly. Thank you. :) I am thankful for those who do write their stories as testimonies. It definitely lifts your faith and inspires tremendously. That was the feeling I had after I read that book.

Mami_Chula416

yodie and Coffee

I had to come back and tell you this.

I saw the review on Heaven is for Real. I made a mental note to purchase the book from Amazon. I said to myself, if I order the book, then I have to pay for shipping since I'm not planning to order anything else.

As you can tell from my previous post, that was last week.

Yesterday evening, I was in Target. I promised my son that I would get him another pair of ear phones. So I went to the electronics department, purchased them and left the electronics department.

I'm not familiar with this Target, so I was a little confused on how to get out of the store. I walked down the main aisle looking straight ahead, walking as fast as I could. As I was walking, I turned to my right and saw that book! It was as if something made me turn and look that direction. So much so, that I almost couldn't stop walking -- yes, I was walking just that fast.

I purchased the book without hesitation.

I started it last night. Read much of it today. I had to stop and put it down. I am currently on Chapter 25 - Swords of the Angels.

I believe his testimony and I will tell you why.

A friend of mines lost her son -- he was hit by a car and died instantly. I assisted with the funeral arrangements, etc. At the time, she had a daughter who, at the time of her brother's death was 5.

A few weeks after the funeral, I was at the house. A very sad house. One morning we were at the table eating breakfast. I asked her daughter how did she sleep last night and she said she was fine and that she was playing with her brother. Keep in mind that her mom has told me that she has heard her daughter laughing and talking in her sleep, because her daughter slept in the room with her and her husband after their son died.

So at this point, I'm sitting there and have stopped chewing. I said to her "really?" She said yes! And she was excited.

But here is the part that really got to me. She said "and mommy...guess what?" [his name] has a new pair of eyes mommy. God gave him a new pair of eyes and he is brand new all over!!

I got up from the table, trying to hold back tears and went outside to light up a newport one hundred. Stick a fork in me and turn it because I was D.O.N.E.

Let me tell you that during the arrangments, her daughter was not at the funeral home with us. I knew that my friend and her husband had his eyes donated because I was there throughout everything. We never discussed this around the daughter when we got back. It was a done deal. How on earth did she ever know that and we never told her????

The only other thing she said was that it was nice where he was and they always have fun and play around the tree. It brings tears to my eyes now just to reminisce about it.

Sorry if this was long. I just wanted to share and let you guys know that I believe everything that I've read.

Out of the mouth of babes...

Thank you so much for sharing that, gave me goosebumps and tears.

I can't wait to get myself a copy of that book.

mstrublvr

Thank you all for the book suggestion and review. I will add it to my end of school reading list.

Sent from my ADR6300 using ADR6300

Coffee

I recently read both of those books. Very powerful indeed. I will not debate on what I know to be real....for me. I don't understand why a person will feel that what they know or their understanding of the bible, has to be the truth :sad:.

disgtgyal

Very interesting thread and debate, I must agree with the poster that said sometimes when one spouts scripture its not in love but in a self- righteous way. I believe we are all searching for the truth so no one should place them-self as an authority on the matter, but I must say interpreting scripture isn't as simple as one may think, I'm reading the book How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth by Gordon Fee and DOuglas Stuart, and it definitely helps to have an understanding of jewish vernacular and a commentary comes in handy for that reason, it helps you understand the text the way the author intended it to be understood. When you read about how the manuscripts were copied and preserved you will realize a misplaced comma isn't a stretch, but a very plausible likelihood. The manner that blazingthru used to determine the correct translation of a particular word is actually the way biblical scholars, as well as the book I'm currently reading suggest readers approach translation and interpretation. As far as individual accounts of heaven and hell I'm pretty ambivalent because I feel like when you read or hear a personal account of heaven or hell it may effect your faith, especially being that faith is a belief in the unseen so in essence its like okay I can believe more because this person saw it, but we are to walk by faith and not sight. On the other hand God gives revelations to many people about various things so, who is to say that He didn't give a particular person a revelation in order to help the body of Christ... this is where searching the scriptures comes in handy

Coffee

God can use anyone to get His word out to the world. I don't put a limit on God and what He is able to do. I have heard His voice talking with me, I have seen Him answer my prayers and bless me, I know it was Him who helped me through my son's passing away. The God I know and love is a wonderful, powerful, all knowing and all seeing God, there is nothing He can't do.

blazingthru

I don't think I am the authority on what is truth and what is not, but in this case, this has already been researched over and over again and I can understand why a person can come up with the conclusion that at your death your fate is determine, it is determine but not carried out.
Because God has said that there is a time when all of these things will take place, If our God is fair and if our God truly loves us. He will not cause the people that he says he loves to be treated so unfairly, its not fair to have us watch the trails and suffering of our loves one while we stand helplessly by.

blazingthru

It is not fair to go to hell for all eternity for stealing, or doing drugs are whatever, it truly doesn't fit.
This is the thing. Everyone has a choice in what you choose to believe but if you don't have the love of the truth, although you are saved you will be lost. Satan deceives us every single day. There are foods forbidden in the bible. People who are profess Christian eat this food, knowing that Jews to this day do not. However, Satan has designed things in such a way that even if you tried your very best to avoid this food you could not possibly know what and where it is. I found out a year ago that Iodine was made from shellfish. Imagine. you go out of your way to avoid shellfish and so forth and your still getting it rubbed on your body. Satan so deceitful that professed Christians cannot see him or realize his power. His power is incredible strong. Most of the world follow after him. I use to be an American idol fan. not knowing that I am supporting America creating an idol for people to fall all over, I was upset that I was so blind I didn't see it.
As a Christian is should always be your desire to love the truth and share the truth, even if none agree with you. Even if someone gets offended, although that is never my intention's. But what I shared with you it is the truth as said in the word of God. The difference is its backed up over and over again. This is how God works, you have to have the love of the truth and as you develope this God will reveal more and more and more to you.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12

10 He will use every kind of evil deception to fool those on their way to destruction, because they refuse to love and accept the truth that would save them. 11 So God will cause them to be greatly deceived, and they will believe these lies. 12 Then they will be condemned for enjoying evil rather than believing the truth.
I didn't say you don't have dreams or visions. When God gives vision its for a particular reason and he only gives visions to a particular person not anyone willy nilly. But its for them not for us we have to test everything by the word of God. Everything.
Satan is very clever, I can show my uncle every scripture in the bible about death. He will not listen because he saw his grandmother at the foot of his bed and that was it for him, he believed she was walking and talking to him. She been dead for over 30 years. The bible say the dead no not nothing that was a demon in his room, now he has closed his mind to the truth and nothing will convince him. I see my father in law all the time. All the time but you know I know its the demons and so I ignore it. The time is coming upon us now that we are going to see some powerful things. things we never ever seen before we will see and the truth must be in you sealed for you to not accept or believe it. It starts out with one lie to cause you to faulter if you accept the lie, you will accept more and more until you are lost.

CoilyFields

My grandfather passed three weeks ago and it was the first death of someone close to me. I wanted to understand what happened to him so I began to study the scriptures. The account of Lazarus and the rich man was the one most pointed to as an example of what happens. The question of whether its a parable or not does not matter becuase either way Jesus would not make up something completely false (as in not based on reality) to make a point. In all other parables/stories he used real life circumstances (the bridegroom, the talents, the vineyard, the indebted servant etc.) to make his point.

My understanding, after studying and praying is that paradise/Bosom of Abraham is NOT the heaven where we spend eternity with God. Paradise is much like a holding place for the saints and hades is the holding place of the unsaved. Seperated so that no one can cross over. Maybe someone with Jewish background or knowledge ( Guitarhero Almaz ) could give us some context to how the Jews would have understood this parable based on their own accepted beliefs of the afterlife.

The above is my limited understanding and I will not proclaim it as an infallible interpretation of the Bible because I'm just not sure. There are scriptures that I read that support it but there are also scriptures in Revelations about the Elders surrounding the throne of God that must be reconciled to this view.

Ultimately I believe that Jesus gave us a glimpse of a much larger picture...becuase his intent was not the explain the afterlife with this parable/story but that the consequences of our choices here on earth will stretch into eternity and every person needs to decide NOW if they choose life cause theres no changing after death.

SvelteVelvet

This is the first time I've come across such a debate on the Word on this forum, but then again, I don't visit often or enter every thread in it. IRL whenever I witness continuous debate on scripture, it tells me that someone who has been heavily influenced by anti-Christ spirit is present. An anti-Christ spirit lacks true understanding of scripture, yet will use it all day everyday to forcefully spew their limited/deceptive/just wrong understanding of what it truly means for sake of argument. Instead of becoming enlightened, they become more combative. Matthew 4:1-11 - Satan quotes scripture to Jesus in verse 6. I know too many preachers who make this a practice in their so-called ministry.

Within the body of Christ, there isn't this level of argument. There may be questions as some are further along than others on their journey but in the body the result is confirmation and further understanding. @blazinthru I hope it is still possible for you to take the spirit of how these ladies responded to you and use it for further understanding...

Thanks for the heads up on this book OP. "The Shack" is also one of my favorites.

BTW..I believe the Holy Spirit has never stopped influencing and instructing writers..something to ponder.

Coffee

Blazing, I hope you take this question the way it's intended. Why does it matter so much to you on what other people believe or understand? You can't get anyone to heaven.....opps, sorry bout that. But you are the only one you should be concerned about their relationship with God. If we're all wrong, that shouldn't matter to you.

You seemed to be overly possessed about trying to change people's mind to agree with what you've read and believe.....may I ask why?

Personally with me you're wasting your time quoting all these scriptures. I've told you, I know what I know and you're not going to get me to change my mind, so why not just let it go?

Almaz

I will be GLAD to PM you regarding a Jewish Perspective on the subject I tend to stay out of the Christian forum since I am not a Christian and my views are not Christian so I feel that out of respect I usually stay out of here.

My grandfather passed three weeks ago and it was the first death of someone close to me. I wanted to understand what happened to him so I began to study the scriptures. The account of Lazarus and the rich man was the one most pointed to as an example of what happens. The question of whether its a parable or not does not matter becuase either way Jesus would not make up something completely false (as in not based on reality) to make a point. In all other parables/stories he used real life circumstances (the bridegroom, the talents, the vineyard, the indebted servant etc.) to make his point.

My understanding, after studying and praying is that paradise/Bosom of Abraham is NOT the heaven where we spend eternity with God. Paradise is much like a holding place for the saints and hades is the holding place of the unsaved. Seperated so that no one can cross over. Maybe someone with Jewish background or knowledge ( @Guitarhero @Almaz ) could give us some context to how the Jews would have understood this parable based on their own accepted beliefs of the afterlife.

The above is my limited understanding and I will not proclaim it as an infallible interpretation of the Bible because I'm just not sure. There are scriptures that I read that support it but there are also scriptures in Revelations about the Elders surrounding the throne of God that must be reconciled to this view.

Ultimately I believe that Jesus gave us a glimpse of a much larger picture...becuase his intent was not the explain the afterlife with this parable/story but that the consequences of our choices here on earth will stretch into eternity and every person needs to decide NOW if they choose life cause theres no changing after death.

Guitarhero

My understanding, after studying and praying is that paradise/Bosom of Abraham is NOT the heaven where we spend eternity with God. Paradise is much like a holding place for the saints and hades is the holding place of the unsaved. Seperated so that no one can cross over. Maybe someone with Jewish background or knowledge ( @Guitarhero @Almaz ) could give us some context to how the Jews would have understood this parable based on their own accepted beliefs of the afterlife.

I'm just coming on today...saw this...reflecting...hmmm. I can pass you onto someone who has a blog who is a brother now in the Church. He talks about various aspects of these things. Here
Or here

I'm truly sorry...haven't kept up with this thread at all...will go to reading now.

Last edited:

AnjelLuvs

@yodie - I read that book. That was an excellent book. I think I will read it again. Very good book. Some parts of it made me cry. I couldn't put the book down it was so good.
I was on the plane crying... I LOVE THE SHACK BOOK...

btw, what is exact title/author of Heaven is for Real book... Matter of fact I smell a spinny... Becaus eI would loive to hear of other good books...

Last edited:

blazingthru

Blazing, I hope you take this question the way it's intended. Why does it matter so much to you on what other people believe or understand? You can't get anyone to heaven.....opps, sorry bout that. But you are the only one you should be concerned about their relationship with God. If we're all wrong, that shouldn't matter to you.

You seemed to be overly possessed about trying to change people's mind to agree with what you've read and believe.....may I ask why?

Personally with me you're wasting your time quoting all these scriptures. I've told you, I know what I know and you're not going to get me to change my mind, so why not just let it go?

Coffee, We are require to love our fellow brothers and sisters and love and pray for our enemies, if we truly love our fellow brothers and sister we should do all we can to make sure they are fully equipped and encourage them to continue to head up the right path as much as we can. Believing in something that is not scripturally supportive leads you down dangerous paths. The word of God is the only truth we can rely on and it is our duty to try out best to save those who are lost and encourage those who are saved in the truth, which should be easy because we go and we examine whether what is told to us is true or not. But many do not.
1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
so we pray and we review what is told to us to make sure its true. Evil spirits do not lead you to God but away. There are many people from all walks of life that read these post and some are changed. So its never a waste to share the truths you have if it aligns with scripture.

Coffee

Coffee, We are require to love our fellow brothers and sisters and love and pray for our enemies, if we truly love our fellow brothers and sister we should do all we can to make sure they are fully equipped and encourage them to continue to head up the right path as much as we can. Believing in something that is not scripturally supportive leads you down dangerous paths. The word of God is the only truth we can rely on and it is our duty to try out best to save those who are lost and encourage those who are saved in the truth, which should be easy because we go and we examine whether what is told to us is true or not. But many do not.
1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
so we pray and we review what is told to us to make sure its true. Evil spirits do not lead you to God but away. There are many people from all walks of life that read these post and some are changed. So its never a waste to share the truths you have if it aligns with scripture.

There is a difference in sharing the Word and trying to force what you feel is right and true on a person. If someone has said, more than once they don't agree with what you're saying and their mind will not be changed, why are you continuing to force your belief of the scripture upon them?

Why not respect their opinion and leave it be? I don't remember reading in the Bible where a person is supposed to continually force scriptures on a person who has a different opinion. Can't we just agree to disagree and move on?

yodie

The author of 'Heaven is for real' is Todd Burpo/Lynn Vincent.
Picked up the book from the library and read it in the same day. Told my mom about it. Coffee, thanks for sharing. I gobbled it down in a matter of hours. I believe Colton's story. Oh and the pic of Jesus!
Any other books abt heaven?

Have any of you read 'Driven by Eternity' by John Bevere? Its not an ccount of heaven persay, but its abt geting to our destination - eternity. The book was excellent, BUT there is an audio CD called Affabel that goes along with this. Have any of you ladies listened to it? Its powerful and excellent. If you can get it, please do and share with someone else. If you realy are interested and just can't get a copy, I'll loan you mine.

Last edited:

Coffee

The author of 'Heaven is for real' is Todd Burpo/Lynn Vincent.
Picked up the book from the library and read it in the same day. Told my mom about it. Coffee, thanks for sharing. I gobbled it down in a matter of hours. I believe Colton's story. Oh and the pic of Jesus!
Any other books abt heaven?

Have any of you read 'Driven by Eternity' by John Bevere? Its not an ccount of heaven persay, but its abt geting o our destination, eternity. The book was excellent, BUT there is an audio CD called Affabel that goes along with this. Have any of you ladies listened to it? Its powerful and excellent. If you can get it, please do and share with someone else. If you realy are interested and just can't get a copy, I'll loan you mine.

Yodie, I'm happy you enjoyed reading Heaven is for Real. I just kept looking at the picture of Jesus too. How do you explain that the young girl who drew the picture had never met the 4yr old, but he knew right away that it was Jesus. The book gives hope, joy and peace to those who read it and believe it.

yodie

That's what got me. Colton ddnt know this girl, but he said that was the picture of Jesus when he saw it. It realy blessed me.

Guitarhero

I probably shouldn't say it for fear of being misunderstood, but this is one reason I converted to my church. We always have some kind of "evidence" of heaven. It's quite common. We have pics and apparitions all the time. I believe many are a true revelation of G-d. I do not doubt the stories recounted in this thread at all.

Country gal

I need some inspiration so thanks for starting the thread. I glossed over the long posts since the thread is becoming a debate. Looking forward to reading both books.