Avon Heat Cap Review

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Results seem no better than conditioning under the dryer. However, the convenience of being able to move as you please while conditioning is worth the $16.99 --ALSO--that cap feels so good while it's on. It's so warm and fluffy. That was probably the best part. I mean dang, I might just heat it up for the heck of it and walk around with it on. Probably not a good idea for my hair though
crazy.gif

Thanks,

I was going to try this one but my Avon lady didn't come through.
I wish they had a battery operated hooded dryer.

Wow, I might have to try this out. I'm going to be a product junkie here in a minute and I blame ALL OF YOU!
mad.gif
Dang!!!! I'm glad I have a job.
smile.gif

Sounds great supergirl. This is definetly on my to buy list.
Does anyone know how this compares to less expensive about 10 dollar heat caps?

How does the cap work? By batteries?? Does it get as hot as a regular "Mastex heat cap"?? (Mine is getting old, so I just might get the Avon cap!!)

Thanks!

I've had my eye on this for some time... I might just have to pick one up now that winter is fast approaching
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Results seem no better than conditioning under the dryer. However, the convenience of being able to move as you please while conditioning is worth the $16.99 --ALSO--that cap feels so good while it's on. It's so warm and fluffy. That was probably the best part. I mean dang, I might just heat it up for the heck of it and walk around with it on. Probably not a good idea for my hair though
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the review Supergirl. I have this on my Christmas wish list. Walking around with it on for the heck of it may not be damaging at all to the hair. This kind of heat might be stimulating to the scalp, like exercise is, bringing more blood flow to the hair roots. Could be a good experiment.
scratchchin.gif

By the time I get it, my heat challenge and product challenge will be over (I'm on way too many challenges!).

Thanks for the reveiw. I ordered it several weeks ago but it's on back order. I hate sitting under a dryer at least I can get good deep conditioning without having to sit down for 20 minutes.

It doesn't get super-hot or anything. It gets comfortably warm & I think the instructions say that the heat will last up to 30 minutes or so.

I finally got my Avon heating cap. You can only nuke it for 90 seconds in the Microwave. Surpisingly it does get warm but not very hot. I use it the other night and my hair came out soft. I agree with Supergirl that it is not much different than the heater except it does not get very hot. I would only use it for deep conditioning purposes. I don't think it would be good to use when applying Sebastian color shines.

sbaker, you mentioned sebastian colourshines. I've been looking all over for some to buy and no one here sells it. do you know how i can get some? i'd really like to try the black cherry.

So how has the Avon heat cap worked these past few months? Do you still use it every time?

Oh no! They should have replacements for those gel bags! I still want one but I can't find it anymoe on the Avon website.

it's very convenient, better than staying under the dryer.i did a deep conditioning treatment with kenra and it came out nice.i've never heated mine for more than 60 seconds which is prob why it never busted, cause i know i put mine through hell. i've stepped on it many a times and squeezed it , it never burst. i dont know why i did,i guess i had nothing better to do.

btw isis, avon isnt the only place you can order them from. i couldnt get it from avon either b/c they stopped carrying them. do a search on yahoo for it.but if you have a soft bonnet dryer i wouldnt be in a rush to waste the money on it though.other than convenience there's no bang to it.

Thank you very much Bree. I don't even have a soft bonnet dryer so I've been just letting my conditioner sit on my hair with a plastic cap and a hot towel around that. If it isn't all that, maybe I'll just save for a soft bonnet dryer.

Re: replacement gel insert

I have the micro haircap, and one of my gel packs busted within the first two weeks. Overall, I like it, for the convenience, and they have an option on their site to buy more gel caps...hmmm, I wonder why they would do that?

Re: replacement gel insert

I got one about three months ago and will never go back to a regular heating cap. I can move around while I deep condition, which is very convenient.

You've got to be careful when microwaving, otherwise it'll get too hot and the gel packs will burst.

I microwave about 80 seconds on high and that seems to do the trick. The heat will last a good half hour.

Back