Aubrey Color - Has anyone used it?

Aspire

The ingredients seems great - basically plants (indigo, henna, amla and other plants). Does anyone have any experience with it though? Chemical color has always been my #1 enemy and an instant destroyer of my hair, but this one seems okay.

Any experience with any of the Aubrey color line? What do the LHCF ladies think? Would you try it?

TIA!!

colormenatural_brunfunce110_170.jpg

Color Me Natural™ Dark Brown 4oz

SKU Item: 622

If your hair is more than 20% gray, please call Aubrey Organics customer service at 1-800-237-4270 before ordering for special instructions.

100% natural, permanent hair color covers gray, enhances your own color and improves the condition of your hair every time you use it.
  • Gently coats the hair for more natural coverage.
  • Conditions and balances the hair shaft to help prevent breakage.
  • Contains NO phenylenediamine, NO coal tar dyes—NO synthetic chemicals of any kind.
  • Leaves hair thick, lustrous and more manageable.

dottedhorzprodbreak.gif

animal-icon.gif

IMPORTANT: For best results choose color closest to your own natural hair color.

INGREDIENTS: Indigofera tinctoria, Lawsonia inermis alba, Emblica officinalis, Eclipta alba, Acacia cathechu.

-

I want to try but Whole Foods never have it in Black!

I think it only comes in Dark Brown and Mahogany. That is all that is listed on the actual AO site. I heard somewhere (and don't know where) that you can't truly go black and have it be permanent without chemicals. It has to be temporary and that is not healthy for your hair . . .? :perplexed

Maybe someone will chime in sooner or later.

Hi Ladies,

I have the dark brown in my hair as I type this, it will need to stay in for 2 hours so I will update then. I have a bit of gray around my temples that I am trying to color mostly. I will be back!

WOW! Didn't know Aubrey had a hair color line too! Based on the ingredient list, it sounds like a good henna and indigo mix, that even us sensitive folks can use like regular henna. This sounds really promising and less time consuming than henna. Is this a mix and apply color, or does it have to cure for hours to get the color release like henna? :grin: Can't wait to hear your results, Hairhustla!

I used it in October '08 in the Mahogany one, and it left my hair pretty dark with a deep reddish tint, which I loved. You had to do a strand test which took like 90 minutes, and the do the whole head and let it sit for I believe a half hour to two hours, and then rinse. It worked very nicely, hard to get out like any henna would be, and it wasn't too messy. My hair felt so strong and healthy after the treatment. However, the color faded quickly. A month or two later, I was very well back to my natural color. Maybe it's because I only used it once and I know with henna you are supposed to keep doing it to let the color build up or whatever? But all around, a very good dye and healthy alternative.

Okay Ladies, Here is My Assessment: :yep: Thumbs Up.

Background: I have never used henna and don't know anything about it
I have a few gray hairs around my temple area that I wished to color
I am a natural.

Pros:

Price: The price is reasonable, iherb has it for 10.99.

Ease of usage, the application was simple to mix, and apply, you just simply add 1 1/4 cups of water to the powder and stir until a cake like batter. In addition, there is no prep, no other products needed, it is easy as pie.

The application itself had no harsh chemical smell, it did not irritate my scalp, it did not drip causing additional stains in my clothing although I did use an old towel. Also, it did not leave a color ring around my forehead like other colorants. The color was applied and left in my hair for a total of 2 hours.

Removal of the color took a vigorous rinse using the warmest water I could stand. At this stage I began to panic because my hair felt hard. I followed rinsing it out with a creme of nature shampoo to remove any leftover residue then followed up with Hairveda Sitrinilla Deep Conditioner for about 15 mins.

Once I rinsed out the conditioner, my hair felt like its normal soft self. I then proceeded to apply my moisturizer and blow dried my hair.

As I blew my hair dry, I noticed that my hair was a deep, rich brown color and most of my gray hair was adequately colored. I have tried other colorants and this one did the best job of coloring my gray strands. My hair felt soft and had a delicious sheen to it. It also felt stengthened and the color is quite beautiful, it is not brassy or too vibrant it is a soft, deep rich brown like a dark chesnut. I am quite satisfied and will purchase again.

Cons:

The processing time. You do need the full 2 hours in order to get good results I believe so you need patience with this product.

The product can be a bit messy when you are rinsing it out, you will need to wash out your tub or basin quite well but most of the time if you color your hair it can be messy in my opinion.

You do need a deep condition after using this product in my opinion. I will keep you all updated as to how long the color lasts and other pertinent info. Hope this helps ladies and good luck if you decide to take the plunge! :drunk:

I will be trying that either tonight or tomorrow! I'll see if my local health store has it.

FindingMe, thank you for telling me about this thread. Ladies, I'm trying to use the Light Mountain Natural Hair Color and Conditioner http://www.lotuspress.com/ltmtn.htm

187120.JPG

But maybe I'll try Aubrey Organics first. Either way I'll post my results next week. :yep:
I just did a henna treatment last month so HOPEFULLY I won't have any problems trying to do this.

Back