ATTENTION: People who have had Sewed In Weave!!!!!

Nessa

Hey Yall,

Nessa here!!!!!!!!!! . Well my mom says I can get a weave. Well the weave that they cornrow your your hair and then stich/sew the weave in. Or with the carboard with weave attached. WatEver style.I just wanted to know tips about this Style.

1) Can you wash the sew in weave? If Yes what techinique?

2) How do you mosturize the weave/hair? Grease, Oils, serums, sheen sprays?

3) What are tips to maintain the hair?

4 And does this hair style help retain the hair length?

5) How long can this sewed weave be on the head? If you keep it longer than intended what happens?

Thank You yall
And God Bless
Nessa a.k.a. Sistagirl

weaves especially in summer are the bomb nessa coz somehow the increased heat really helps u to retain length
smile.gif
however i havent really heard about the cardboard weave unless u mean the closure weave. The sewn in weave i belive is the kindest to yo hair coz no glue or nothin needed therefor breakage is minimal. Also make sure that u never tug on the weave coz u'll put strain on yo scalp which is the last thing u need.

1) Can you wash the sew in weave? If Yes what techinique?

Yes. Just using a mild shampoo and gently massaging my scalp.

2) How do you mosturize the weave/hair? Grease, Oils, serums, sheen sprays?

I applied oil directly to my scalp and natural hair left open in the front. I can't quite recall what I put on the fake hair.

3) What are tips to maintain the hair?

If you buy a good grade of hair, that will save you a lot of pains in the neck. And use a mild shampoo, something like Creme of Nature. And keep it covered at night to prevent tangling.

4 And does this hair style help retain the hair length?

For me it did. I also gained length, although I only had them in for just 3 weeks.
trampoline.gif

5) How long can this sewed weave be on the head? If you keep it longer than intended what happens?

I wouldn't know. I bought cheap hair and had to take it out after 3 weeks.

well if u have any intention of curlin the weave then its probably a good idea to use human and also coz the synthetic i've seen looks pretty darn fake so i jus prefer the human really

Karonica-

What brand of human hair do you suggest getting? Sometimes, I can't even tell the difference between a good or bad brand. I'm thinking about getting the closure weave so I need all the help I can get. How do you take care of the hair during the winter b/c I wanted to get then so my hair would be protected from the cold air. Thanks!

I wouldn't leave it in any longer than 8 weeks. I once listened to my stylist and left mine in for 12 weeks. When it became loose she tightened it(said it was ok). When I took it off I had enormous growth (almost five inches) and my thin edges were really thick. But on my crown where she had put netting , the hair had become matted and tangled, almost like dreads. Needless to say my crown had to be cut down to less than an inch. The other hair was about 13 inches so I wore it pulled back in a ponytail until I regained some length. I also never went back. That was the worst hair disaster of my life!!!

Well, I've only had a full weave once, but I can tell you there are clues as to detecting cheap hair.

1. Inspect the hair while you are in the store, since some stores are picky regarding their return/exchange policy.

2. Run your fingers through it if you can. Does a bunch of hair come out? Is there excessive shedding? If so, don't bother with that brand.

3. Flap the hair up and down and around a bit. Is the hair standing up all over the place? Full of static? Don't bother with it either.

4. Shake it some. Is it starting to tangle? Once again, don't bother.

I have at home Sensationnel deep wave human hair for weaving, and I must tell you that this stuff looks and feels awesome. But I haven't gotten around to getting it sewn in. I heard someone else here say that Sensationnel is crap, so to each his own. I dunno. I haven't worn the hair yet, but once you wear it, you'll know if you like it.

Yesterday, I picked up two packs of Senegal Jerry weaving hair (synthetic) by a brand named Gina. I already knew the hair was cheap, just because of the price, but I didn't care because it was synthetic. It's human hair that you have to be the most careful when buying it. I can't wait to get my hair did!
trampoline.gif

Thank You 19sweetie,joyous,Karonica, and ngaa for posting.

Karonica- Thank You for telling me. Otherwise I would have got a rip off. But what am I talking about my mom sews in her hair and she knows the works. Yeah I think she gets human hair too. But anyways thanks.

ngaa-okay i don't feel like gettin curls so I will go ahead with human hair.I didn't know sythnitec looked fake. Oh yeah I wear it.

Joyous- Thank You. I was gonna leave my weave for about 3 months. But two months looks okay. THank YOu for the tips. I wanna retain the length not lose it. Thank You very much.

19sewwtie- Thank You for asking Karonica the tips. I would have never known.

And you know what I did. I read all 1,500 posts on the word weave. It took me about 4 hours.to read but it is all good. What should I do one week prior to my sew in weave day?

And thank You all
God Bless
Nessa

Thank You very much. Could you put grease in your hair? Henrilou said she does. Just asking thank You. I am looking at the website now.

Dang this is like the hair magazines I read they have too many adds about hair weaves and I love the site. Thank You. Dang I like this site. Thank You.

Dang this is like the hair magazines I read they have too many adds about hair weaves and I love the site. Thank You. Dang I like this site. Thank You.I didn't know white people wore weaves? Oh well the world today.

You can put it on your scalp, sure. But keep in mind that the majority of your scalp will be buried underneath a weave, and if you are experiencing hot weather wherever you live, be careful, because when your scalp starts to sweat and you have a bunch of grease already on your scalp, that could cause itching, not to mention residue. This could lead to flaking as well. But take care of your scalp as you normally would, but keeping in mind that you are wearing weave.

I wouldn't worry about putting it on the fake hair though, unless you are trying to achieve a certain look with the curling iron or something, because I wouldn't want too much buildup in the hair. The more buildup, the nastier it can look, even if it is human hair.

Karonica,

Thank You. I know I am asking way too much. But one last question for you. Cause I don't wanna feel annoying to you.

I still have my cornrows with extentios right now. And when I take it out my mom said I can get a weave( for the first time in my life,yeah) But what do I do when I take out my cornrows i to 2 weeks prior to my first sew in weave day.

Thank You
Nessa

No, you're not annoying me at all! I love talking about some weaves!
smile.gif

Now, after you take out your cornrows, I'd clarify my hair real good to remove all residue, and then I would do the necessary conditioning treatments. I don't know much when it comes to this area, so I'm probably not much of any help.

I just know that you should wait a while after relaxing your hair to get a weave if you planned on doing that first. The one time I had a weave, I got it put in 3 weeks after getting a perm. This was a big mistake because the cornrows slipped more in areas where there wasn't much new growth. It all depends on the person, to tell you the truth. I would just wait til I had enough new growth, so that the cornrows are stronger and can withstand the weight of the false hair, thus preventing slippage.

Re: ATTENTION: People who have had Sewed In Weave!

BAD NEWS!

Yes your hair grows in a weave (how could it not), Yes it's a way to not do your hair in the summer...BUT (there always is a but) weaves do thin your hair. In a traditional weave your actual hair is braided and the additional hair is sewn on. Well because your hair is braided tightly and the thread is thick and strong, the thread ends up cutting through your hair when it is sewn on. People with thicker hair may not notice it as much as people with finer hair. The result after you take out a weave is longer yet thinner hair. Just take note after your first weave. I wear weaves (ask me anything about them:) but i know after i take it out to give my hair a good blunt cut to even it up and to minimize the thinning look. I will find a few articles i read on this from Black Hair Magazine and Ebony and try to post them soon....

When you get a full weave is any of your own hair out or all cornrowed and how many packs of hair do u need to get a full sewn in weave

All depends on preference. Some people like to leave a little hair out around the edges to help conceal the weft of the weave and to help it look more natural. Others get their entire hair sewn, but generally, when people do this, they have their hair styled with a bang to cover up the front part.

2 packs are generally what you are told to bring. Of course, there are people that use more or less than this, but I needed 2 packs to have most of my hair sewn up.

thanks I was thinking of getting a weave for Sept. and was sure how much hair was needed

Sensational looks great in the bag,but it doesn't hold up well I had the HH wave it lookd like a cross between deep wave and jerry curl. It just sheds too much and it's hard to keep looking new. Then I had Outre wet and wavy and it looked fabulous until the day I took it out (9 weeks later). As for the thinning that katherine mentioned there are afew things that can be done to minimize this. Instead of using weave thread use sewing thread (its thinner). Also to (almost) totally avoid the thread issue I used to use a net cap and then the hair was sewn onto the cap itself and not my hair. The only place that was sewn was where the cap was attached to the hair.

kathrine could you anwser something for me?
i want to get a weave my self, but i have natural 4a/b hair. can i get one w/o having to press my hair?

Cutebajangirl-

Where do you buy your net to have the weave sewed onto it? Does it stay just as well as you having the weave sewed into the cornrows? What brand of body wave hair do you suggest?

Karonica I am glad I am not bothering you. And thank you everyone for posting.

I haven't seen the net in bss stores, but in the salon they had one huge spool of it. I have no idea where they got it from. Does anyone else know ? Girl I love me Outre wet n wavy, it holds up sooo well. I really didn't want to take it out, I just didn't want my hair to dred underneath. Wiht that all I had to do was rinse it/mist with water and put in Smooth N Shine strong hold curling mousse and then run together some Optimum Care grease (it is the peach one) in my hands and put it through the hair and it was perfect. I wore it with small individual braids in the front.

So Outre is good? I will check into that.

Nessa girl,
If you do get one, make sure it is one that brings out your natural YOUNG beauty. I've seen younger ladies with weaves that make them look 35 years old. Bring a style book ( and Mom) to your appointment so that your stylist knows this as well. You could also try the braids with the loose ends that resemble a weave like Beyonce used to do. Good luck to you and have a happy, carefree summer.

Your big sis,
Melodee
kiss.gif

Back