APL 2012 Challenge

claud-uk

Maybe those random little hairs are simply new/thick hair? I had SO MANY short hairs sprouting straight up from my scalp, only 0.5" long, I was like "these hairs weren't short like this before" but they are now about 3" long (still stick up a little too) but now I realise as my hair is improving it is new, thick hair. They say thickness comes before length. JMO

NikkiQ

claud-uk said:
Maybe those random little hairs are simply new/thick hair? I had SO MANY short hairs sprouting straight up from my scalp, only 0.5" long, I was like "these hairs weren't short like this before" but they are now about 3" long (still stick up a little too) but now I realise as my hair is improving it is new, thick hair. They say thickness comes before length. JMO

Do those strands feel thicker than the rest claud-uk? That sounds like a logical explanation

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

Mjon912

MJ checking in =) currently pre-pooing...wash, condition and air dry today and then my sister in law is gong to braid the front of my hair ... Will update with pics later

lamaria211

I just washed out Matrix ultra hydrating blam (which I had on overmight) with Aphogee poo for damaged hair now im dcing under a heating cap with Kenra MC & Naturelle Hemp Hydrating condish

lamaria211

sofash said:
my split encs are HORRIBLE i do not want toc ut any more

I no the feeling:(
Whens the last time u had a trim?
I took off about 1/2" around 2 weeks ago and I wont be doing it again at least not any time soon

gvin89

lamaria211 said:
I no the feeling:(
Whens the last time u had a trim?
I took off about 1/2" around 2 weeks ago and I wont be doing it again at least not any time soon

Baby them with a light oil...castor has been good to my ends.

faithVA

So who in here is shooting for a September APL date? I need some progress partners to keep me motivated. I am at least 2" away. Might even be 3" :sad: but I don't want to admit that.

Anyone want to be my motivation partner in this challenge? Anyone shooting for September, October?

jprayze

Thanks faithVA! I'm hoping I can make it by the June 30th length check. But I know you will find some progress partners; that's a good idea.

NikkiQ

faithVA said:
So who in here is shooting for a September APL date? I need some progress partners to keep me motivated. I am at least 2" away. Might even be 3" :sad: but I don't want to admit that.

Anyone want to be my motivation partner in this challenge? Anyone shooting for September, October?

I'll partner with you faithVA! I'm aiming for September now.

And guess what ladies...I found my MN!!!! And it wasn't $15 either!! Now to figure out what to mix with it.

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

lamaria211

Ill be down with the sept crew I have like 2" or less to go! Plus im not going to trim anymore til I make apl
NikkyQ keep us posted on how the mn works for you

kandigyrl

Hi ladies,

I went Wed. to get my hair flat ironed so I could get my ends clipped. I took a pic today- signature pic. I'm almost there!!

Mjon912

Unofficial check...all I can say is MN is the truth... I was an inch away last month!!! Cant wait until my relaxer in 5weeks to see if I'm full apl, that would be crazy

ForumRunner_20120526_152125.jpg

jprayze looks like we will be make APL together!!! WhooHoo...Go Us!!!

kandigyrl you look APL...did you do a length check? Or your just waiting until next week...if your not there already you'll def be there soon! Ill be hitting APL with you too:grin:

Last edited:

lamaria211

Mjon912 said:
Unofficial check...all I can say is MN is the truth... I was an inch away last month!!! Cant wait until my relaxer in 5weeks to see if I'm full apl, that would be crazy

kandigyrl you look APL...did you do a length check? Or your just waiting until next week...if your not there already you'll def be there soon! Ill be hitting APL with you too:grin:

Congrats your there :)

skraprchik

Just finished straightening and trimming my hair. I cut off at least and inch in some places. I was getting close to APL, but I definitely needed to get rid of a bunch of SSKs and splits. I also realized again just how hot it is when all of my hair is down around my shoulders. I always forget just how dense all of these fine strands are. I'm not all that upset that it shrinks so much when I think how much cooler I feel when it's off of my shoulders.

The Princess

Since moving out my apartment moving up north (newyork). My hair has not been on the to do list. Last saturday, I did the texture softener, it's really good. Just make sure you dont smooth it in or you will lose your texture. I washed my hair today with keracare detangling shampoo. I'm sitting with "Its a 10"moisture mask in my hair now, as a deep conditioner.

Washing my hair since my texture softener, My hair is very soft and manageable. I will use it again

Realhairdontcare

When I took out my sew in a few weeks ago I accidentally cut off some of my hair in the front. I didn't think it would be that noticeable until I got my hair straightened the other day at the hair dresser so if I do get another sew in I'm just gonna have my hairdresser take it out next time.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

jprayze

Mjon912 said:

Mjon912 Yay!!! I was at least an inch away last month too. And before MN, I was like 3 inches away. Let's stay stocked up! :)

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey

We can be grow out buddies since I'm aiming for APL in September too. I just did a impromptu length check in the back and I'm barely grazing APL. So I think by the end of the summer I should be there all though I will wait for full APL before claiming it.

gforceroy

faithVA said:

I am shooting for SEPT/OCT. I believe I need 2 inches as well.

TheNDofUO

I'm hoping for Sep/Oct I'm an inch away (I think!) But I'm a slow grower and i have to trim which will pull me back

BBritdenise

My hair feel so dry! Omg idk hat to do. I have this rough patch in the back of my hair that always feels (for lack of a better word) nappy. And it doesn't grow as long as the rest and it's always dry and crunchy and it feels damaged. I just want to cut it. Idk how to fix it. Help please