APL 2012 Challenge

today's my hair day :grin: im feeling experimental lol
im gonna "shampoo" with dr. bronners castille soap mix
then im gonna do a tea (protein/Strenghtening) DC then a moisturizing DC.
I love hair day :yay:

It would probably take me 2 or 3 days to do my twists. You guys are putting me to shame lol

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

faithVA said:
It's just practice. When you start doing it more you will get faster.

With all the free time I'm gonna have in PR, I'll have plenty of time to experiment and perfect different hairstyles.

Morning Ladies!

NikkiQ yes ma'am you can do those flat twists. When I first started this whole hair journey thing, I couldnt cornrow, flat twist, never even did twists. Last time I was natural I LIVED in a puff, all day err'day. Just takes time and lots and lots of practice. Cause you have to learn to part straight :lachen: then learn how to hold your hand properly etc.

First time I did twists....took me 6 hrs. :perplexed: Now I'm down to 3 tops, and that's if I do a style at the front. I also stalk ms-gg, over at her blog.

My next project, is installing kinky twists myself.

[USER=317087 said:
bajandoc86[/USER];15900237]Morning Ladies!

@NikkiQ yes ma'am you can do those flat twists. When I first started this whole hair journey thing, I couldnt cornrow, flat twist, never even did twists. Last time I was natural I LIVED in a puff, all day err'day. Just takes time and lots and lots of practice. Cause you have to learn to part straight :lachen: then learn how to hold your hand properly etc.

First time I did twists....took me 6 hrs. :perplexed: Now I'm down to 3 tops, and that's if I do a style at the front. I also stalk ms-gg, over at her blog.

My next project, is installing kinky twists myself.

And we all know Ms. bajandoc86 is the queen of a style. :yep:

Thinking about putting in some crochet braids for a few weeks...my fella is coming to visit for a bit :yay: and I don't think my normal 6 chunky braids will do :nono:. I haven't worn crochets is years and I never did them myself but I think I can do them. I'm off to search for them tomorrow after work...it's a 4 hour round trip to the nearest beauty supply store out here. I'll post pics when they're done. Wish me luck :lol:

longhairdreaming said:
I live out in the middle of the desert of the UAE(middle east). Seriously I pass camels on my way to the grocery store lol

Cool are you teaching English? I applied (ahbu dhabi?) and never got a call :(

longhairdreaming said:
I live out in the middle of the desert of the UAE(middle east). Seriously I pass camels on my way to the grocery store lol

Cool, whats the normal temp? How do you like it? How does your hair like it??

I could have sworn I was in this challenge... then maybe not. But I'm slowly inching to APL with my straggly ends ( which will be gone tonight hopefully). I'm following y'all from the sideline. Good growing ladies and thanks to everyone for keeping this thread alive.

Cool are you teaching English? I applied (ahbu dhabi?) and never got a call :(

Yea I'm working for ADEC. Sorry to hear they didn't call you back. Who did you apply through? I applied twice, the first time I never heard anything so I applied again and called. The second time I was offered the job within two weeks. If you want to come keep trying. They have several rounds of hirings and I know for a fact they were brought the last group of teachers for this school year over in March.

lamaria211 The summer temps usually hover about 105-110F and about 75-80F in the winter. Summer is very humid though. I like it alot over here now that I understand the culture and since my Arabic has improved. The people are so friendly and level of hospitality is like nothing I've every experienced. My hair is has really grown since being here but you need a shower filter 'cause the water is terrible and I've learned to keep my hair covered from April till the weather cools in Nov 'cause the sun will just eat it alive lol.

I could have sworn I was in this challenge... then maybe not. But I'm slowly inching to APL with my straggly ends ( which will be gone tonight hopefully). I'm following y'all from the sideline. Good growing ladies and thanks to everyone for keeping this thread alive.

You don't have to follow from the sideline mamaore! Bring your butt on up in here and participate as much as you want. We don't bite...but watch out for faithVA. She's our resident bouncer and if you make APL, you're gonna get a little visit from her.

Here's my new color. My hair is naturally a sandy type brown with a reddish overtone. To keep it from turning red or sandy color I usually go for a dark brown. I'm so glad to get rid of the red, auburn, copper, gray, brown color of the henna :nono:

TwistsWNewColor.jpg

[USER=317281 said:
JazzyOleBabe[/USER];15902211]@faithVA

What did you do to get rid of the multi-colored hair? I need to know.

Sorry JazzyOleBabe, no good news. I left the henna alone and put a Soft Sheen Color in it. I tried to stay natural with it but it just wasn't working :nono:

There are SO many people on the challengers list that are just not participating. I'm getting a little confused about it. Why sign up for a challenge you're not gonna be a part of?

There are SO many people on the challengers list that are just not participating. I'm getting a little confused about it. Why sign up for a challenge you're not gonna be a part of?

Well let's see

1. Many people are hair junkies like the rest of us. They ain't even thinkn bout their hair.

2. Some people thought it was a good idea but they may be discouraged somewhere.

3. Some lurkers joined and they never contribute anyway.

4. Some people are just plain ol forgetful. Signed up and just forgot.

But imagine if half of those people really started posting on a regular. Can you imagine trying to keep up with this thread :look:

But since it is almost June, I think you should call people out. And a few will show up and participate a little more. If you don't want to do it, I will do it for you. Be like - where you at and mean mug em

NikkiQ said:
lamaria211 did you tear it down in Ulta yet?lol

We are going tomorrow:) I ve been online all week checking for what I might want. The nearest ulta is about 20 miles away so its a lil trip for us and I want to be prepared. Theyre gonna kick my but out of the use up your stash challenge:(

Well let's see

1. Many people are hair junkies like the rest of us. They ain't even thinkn bout their hair.

2. Some people thought it was a good idea but they may be discouraged somewhere.

3. Some lurkers joined and they never contribute anyway.

4. Some people are just plain ol forgetful. Signed up and just forgot.

But imagine if half of those people really started posting on a regular. Can you imagine trying to keep up with this thread :look:

But since it is almost June, I think you should call people out. And a few will show up and participate a little more. If you don't want to do it, I will do it for you. Be like - where you at and mean mug em

I guess I can call em out around the next check in date. And if they don't respond, I'm taking em off the list. I already took someone off today. She posts in the BSL challenge and was amongst the first to sign up for this one and yet...nothing. She doesn't even have us listed in her list of challenges she's participating in. Okay boo boo. You're deleted :lol:

Back