APL 2012 Challenge

gefrYQHyw7DNq89TnyQVKPaYFiYpdO-vi.jpg may,1 12

FD9quUO1k85JpjQUQH9QJFqaBXTuhm-vi.jpg may 2, 12... After a small trim

LIVINTHEVIDA thank you so much for your help!!!!!

Lexxi: love the styles...

ManiiSweetheart: you looked so pretty!!! Hope you had fun!!!

Last edited:
Hello All,

I am so happy that I am able to communicate with y'all over the weekend .. I finally got the internet crackin' :trampolin at the house. Yeah buddy ... luckily, my busy week is over and I had the time to give my hair the overdue TLC that it needed. I have been STALKING Cipriana from Urban Bush Babes- her regimen to be specific. :sekret: Nonetheless, I went ahead and dry finger detangled with the Love Potion #9; I am a fan of this approach!! I had shedding (of course) but nothing as bad as it used to be when I would detangle after washing my hair. I sealed the ends, after applying water on the last inch, and twisted my hair back up. I noticed that my hair is responding well to the oil mixture; I have learned that my hair really likes to be left alone.

http://blackgirllonghair.com/2011/10/ciprianas-weekly-routine

http://blackgirllonghair.com/2011/10/ciprianas-weekly-routine/2/

You ladies got this thread rockin and rollin this weekend. I love it!!!!

Took my Celies out yesterday and put them in a set of bigger braids to stretch em out a bit more. I still HATE a fresh braid out. My hair looks like ridiculously short when I first take it down.

Since the movers are coming on Tuesday, I may not be able to stay on for long until I get to work tomorrow. I have to individually wrap EACH piece of hair care product that I own since they cannot wrap and ship anything with chemicals in it. So if I wrap everything,ziploc and box it myself...they'll take it. Wish me luck ladies!
Wishing you lots and lots of good luck NikkiQ! I hope all your beauty and hair products arrive all in one piece at their new home :driver:

i think ima gonna do a black tea/lavender/and chamomille tea rinse today :lick:. I saw some hair in the comb when i got my cornrows put in today :perplexed
then again it could just be my heavy handed cousin smh.
these braids are staying in until my next relaxer on june 30.
is there a reveal day for this challenge?

Thanks for the link LTV - starting in April I have been M&S every day and since May have kept my ends baggied in film with Shea Butter. I picked up a couple of good points in the article - firstly, using water as your base, then moisture, then sealing... makes sense! I went downstairs and sharpened my scissors before my daily trimming today! On my next goodie-purchase I'm going to treat myself to a really good pair as my current pair, though new, only cost about £4!

I realise that I'll have to keep snipping and trimming and cutting until all the old damage has grown out. I'm not going to do a BC so this is the only real alternative. I just hope that with emergency trimming only (ie cutting only split ends, not thin ones) and a LOT of care that I can look after my ends long enough for my hair to grow out the top while I'm cutting it off the bottom!

I'm thinking of updating my reggie from tomorrow, when my latest goodie-bag arrives...

Step 1 - Water Base:

Distilled Water
ACV
Skala Silk Amino Acids
A drop of Wheatgerm and Jojoba oils.

Step 2 - a leave-in Moisturizing spritz (spritz is best for even distribution so the hair doesn't become too wet):

50% water,
20% Aloe Vera Juice,
20% Glycerine,
10% Moisturizing Conditioner

Step 3 - Seal

50% Coconut Oil
50% Shea Butter

I'll then baggy ends with clingfilm/saran wrap. Ends get sealed and wrapped 1x per day for minimal manipulation. The lengths I'll spritz lightly throughout the day but NO SEALING until nighttime. I'm lucky enough to work from home so I wear a satin scarf 24/7 over my braided hair - ultimate protective style!

Any opinions on the Step 1 ingredients?
@claud-uk I think you have a good reggie here especially using distilled water in Step 1. I use my shower water to rinse cool after my workouts yet I should use distilled water so much safer on our hair without all the hard impurities.

I am thinking to help save you time on trimming those ends how about using a tool like the Split-Ender that trims off split ends up the hair shaft. Here is a quick review by a YouTuber on using the Split-Ender and her trim results!

TheNDofUO Not at all!!
Here it is!
tumblr_m3m1exmRAu1qdfbblo2_250.jpg

tumblr_m3m1exmRAu1qdfbblo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m3m1exmRAu1qdfbblo3_250.jpg
Amazing ManiiSweetheart! The Dress, the Hair, the Color - all very pretty and classy! It looks like you all had a lot of fun @ Prom! Congratulations on finishing this wonderful journey in your life remember to keep looking ahead to your future with great excitement and determination!

i think ima gonna do a black tea/lavender/and chamomille tea rinse today :lick:. I saw some hair in the comb when i got my cornrows put in today :perplexed
then again it could just be my heavy handed cousin smh.
these braids are staying in until my next relaxer on june 30.
is there a reveal day for this challenge?
lindsaywhat good timing on the relaxer! Our next length check is June 30th then September 30th and December 31, 2012!

Ahhh....never thought I'd be happy to be at work and not at home :lol:

The apartment looks like a tornado hit. Didn't get a chance to wrap all my hair care products yet. Was too busy going through and throwing away all kinds of crap I didn't need. Will be doing it tonight since the movers are coming tomorrow. This is gonna suck!

hair update and comparison pictures:

IMG_0446.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Jan. 4, 2012

IMG_0565-vi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
March 28,2012

IMG_0666.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Today, May 7th

IMG_0563-vi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
March 28,2012

IMG_0668.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Today, May 7th

Last edited:
livinthevida, I need to invision that length and just go for it. I think that I need at least a year though. I need to find me a CBL Challenge. I wonder if there is one for this year.....

Ahhh....never thought I'd be happy to be at work and not at home :lol:

The apartment looks like a tornado hit. Didn't get a chance to wrap all my hair care products yet. Was too busy going through and throwing away all kinds of crap I didn't need. Will be doing it tonight since the movers are coming tomorrow. This is gonna suck!
NikkiQ what kind of stuff did you decide to throw away? did you find there were hair products you didn't need afterall?

Just last winter I had those huge pink tubs of Queen Helene Styling Gel Hard to Hold remember those??!!!??? :lol: oh and the Rave Mega Hairspray too!

Great progress @sajjy. You can claim APL now. If your not ready yet, you will definitely be there by the next length check in June.

Last edited:
livinthevida, I need to invision that length and just go for it. I think that I need at least a year though. I need to find me a CBL Challenge. I wonder if there is one for this year.....
ReignLocks good question! I can't seem to find a CBL 2012 Challenge here in LHCF...maybe the ladies can point us to one or you can start a new one its never too late :yep:

I could only find these:
BSL 2012 Challenge
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=572611&highlight=cbl+challenge

Waist Length 2013
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=506633&highlight=cbl+challenge

Shoulder Length 2012 Challenge
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=580803&highlight=cbl+challenge

Waist Length 2012 Challenge
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=473950&highlight=cbl+challenge

@NikkiQ what kind of stuff did you decide to throw away? did you find there were hair products you didn't need afterall?

Just last winter I had those huge pink tubs of Queen Helene Styling Gel Hard to Hold remember those??!!!??? :lol: oh and the Rave Mega Hairspray too!

OMG I remember those!!! :lachen:

I threw away some old shampoos that I had that my relaxed hair loved, but my natural hair...not so much. And some little random samples that I got from my mom a few months ago that I had no desire to use. I am going to order a bunch of Curl Junkie products soon though. I don't feel like paying an arm and a leg to get the products shipped to PR.

I took out my sew in a few days ago and I will be getting another sew in within the next few weeks that I plan to keep for a longer period of time. My hair length check shirt came in the mail today so I am going to post a few pics. I am 2 inches from APL on the shirt. I need to be at number 3 in order to claim APL.

image-687777620.jpg

image-3794871538.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

NikkiQ said:
OMG I remember those!!! :lachen:

I threw away some old shampoos that I had that my relaxed hair loved, but my natural hair...not so much. And some little random samples that I got from my mom a few months ago that I had no desire to use. I am going to order a bunch of Curl Junkie products soon though. I don't feel like paying an arm and a leg to get the products shipped to PR.

Someone is selling curl junkie stuff in the hair product Exchange forum. You should check it out.

^^^That's the one I got :giggle: I had to check with my Use Up Your Stash challenge host first. Didn't want her to beat me :spank: even though I know faithVA will wanna kill me.

I took out my sew in a few days ago and I will be getting another sew in within the next few weeks that I plan to keep for a longer period of time. My hair length check shirt came in the mail today so I am going to post a few pics. I am 2 inches from APL on the shirt. I need to be at number 3 in order to claim APL.

View attachment 148717

View attachment 148719

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Lookin good! 2 inches and all the time in the world left in this year. You got this girl!!

[USER=252932 said:
NikkiQ[/USER];15887325]^^^That's the one I got :giggle: I had to check with my Use Up Your Stash challenge host first. Didn't want her to beat me :spank: even though I know @faithVA will wanna kill me.

I can't say nothin. Tashboog sent me a care package full of stuff :look: I'm glad I'm not hosting that challenge right now :lol: I get to be bad like everybody else. :yep:

Besides your stash is smaller than mine. You have done great getting your product list down.

uh oh @faithVA what all did YOU get??? I got some CJ goodies.

I didn't hide anything. I listed everything when I got it and put it in my stash list :yep:

hmm let's see if I remember.

Deva curl conditioner
TW Herbal conditioner
Giovanni conditioner (don't remember which one)
SM Yucca Conditioner
SM Yucca Leave-in
Hawaiin Silky
Sta Sof Fro
S Curl
TW Mist Bodifier (2)
SM Mist

That's all I can remember right now. And I bought some stuff. Nubian Heritage Heat Protectant (Spray, Wrap and Leave-in). Because I straighten my hair all the time :lol: And I bought the Nubian Heritage Strength Treatment because I had a $10 Walgreen certificate I had to use in April.

Even with all of those additions my stash is at 27 and I have a plan of attack.

Back