Anyone use color rinses instead of permanent?....

Anjie0301

Hi. I have a twa (mostly 4a-4b) and I seem to be getting more and more little gray hairs lol. I'm about to be 32 and that's a no-no for me At least for right now.

In the past, I've used permanent colors on my natural hair with decent success. After I cut my hair along with my extesion braids a few days ago, I'd like to try something milder. ....

I bought some Semi permanent rinse in 'Bronze' color and one in 'Gold' because I could't decide. The brand is by Clairol I think. Little bronze bottles with a pointed tip. Sorry, I don't have them in front of me at the moment. ....

What I was going to attempt this weekend is a 'highlited' effect with the rinse instead of an all over black or dark brown. As we all know, permanent color is hard to strip if we want to get rid of it.

If anyone else uses rinses, and/or have achieved a similar highlited effect, please let me know.

Thanx a million!

ps. this is most likely going to be cross-posted on a few of my other favorite forums.

Tracy

Hi there! :wave:

I think whether or not it will work depends on what you mean by a "highlighted effect". If what you mean is that the color on your NON-grey hair isn't that noticeable, but you may be able to see it pretty well in the right lighting (like bright sunshine) then yes, your rinse might work. Additionally, if you mean that you want the greys to turn sort of a highlighted color, THAT you can almost definitely make happen. Your specific color choices should be fine in accomplishing that.

I'm not natural, so I'm not exactly sure how color affects natural hair, but I wanted to say that you probably can do what you want to do and get the look you want, but mostly only because the hair you want to cover is grey. You won't see it much on your non-grey hair. Rinses don't really work that way.....

The color brand you bought is probably the Beautiful Collection. It's a fine color - doesn't last very long - it's fine for starters tho. The less long it lasts at first, the easier it will be to try something different if it doesn't work.

I'm sure some naturals will chime in soon as well. :)

HTH!

Anjie0301 said:
Hi. I have a twa (mostly 4a-4b) and I seem to be getting more and more little gray hairs lol. I'm about to be 32 and that's a no-no for me At least for right now.

In the past, I've used permanent colors on my natural hair with decent success. After I cut my hair along with my extesion braids a few days ago, I'd like to try something milder. ....

I bought some Semi permanent rinse in 'Bronze' color and one in 'Gold' because I could't decide. The brand is by Clairol I think. Little bronze bottles with a pointed tip. Sorry, I don't have them in front of me at the moment. ....

What I was going to attempt this weekend is a 'highlited' effect with the rinse instead of an all over black or dark brown. As we all know, permanent color is hard to strip if we want to get rid of it.

If anyone else uses rinses, and/or have achieved a similar highlited effect, please let me know.

Thanx a million!

ps. this is most likely going to be cross-posted on a few of my other favorite forums.