Anyone interested in a TWISTING FOR GROWTH Challenge???

Shhh..............:sekret:
Just between you & me, oooop2, ....my plan is to keep these in as long as possible, by using the "latch" method to maintain and tighten the roots during the summer.

By OCT these should be a HAM to take down.

A came about this decision because the sistalocks loctician wanted me to lay off chemicals and hair stressors to see if the hair I "shedded" starts to grow back in. He asked for 3 months.
:sekret:

Shhh..............:sekret:
Just between you & me, oooop2, ....my plan is to keep these in as long as possible, by using the "latch" method to maintain and tighten the roots during the summer.

By OCT these should be a HAM to take down.

A came about this decision because the sistalocks loctician wanted me to lay off chemicals and hair stressors to see if the hair I "shedded" starts to grow back in. He asked for 3 months.
:sekret:

So are you taking the whole twist out in October or are you just going to take out the extension hair?

OK. I sooooo want to join this challenge, but with my TWA, I don't think I have enough for decent looking twists. Soooooo, I am thinking of doing my own kinky twists tonight...we'll see how that goes. If all goes well, I will post picks tomorrow and will join the challenge. Wish me luck!!!:grin:

OK. I sooooo want to join this challenge, but with my TWA, I don't think I have enough for decent looking twists. Soooooo, I am thinking of doing my own kinky twists tonight...we'll see how that goes. If all goes well, I will post picks tomorrow and will join the challenge. Wish me luck!!!:grin:

Good luck. I'm sure they'll look fine :grin:

My plan is all of it. I hope to be able to see significant "fill-in" from shedding. This "take down" will only occur if my schedule permits it to though, if not I'll just keep on twisting.

So are you taking the whole twist out in October or are you just going to take out the extension hair?

Wow, I'm late but I want to join :) I'll be taking my current twists down next week and post a starting length pic, then post the results in Sept.

Wow, I'm late but I want to join :) I'll be taking my current twists down next week and post a starting length pic, then post the results in Sept.

Nope...Definitely not to late to join :grin:

I cowashed and did med twist yesterday. They weren't too cute, so I took them out, will wear twistouts today, then retwist later.

How is everyone else doing????

i think i wanna join. i love the way my hair looks twisted but i get bored so easily and my twists have a hard time staying together once they get wet. :nono: am i the only person with this problem? maybe i'll twist with extensions instead (if i join this will be my first challenges :grin: )

i think i wanna join. i love the way my hair looks twisted but i get bored so easily and my twists have a hard time staying together once they get wet. :nono: am i the only person with this problem? maybe i'll twist with extensions instead (if i join this will be my first challenges :grin: )

If you want to join, let me know. The more the better. I get bored easily also, so I am trying to do different style with my twist/twistouts.

I've found the washing my twist when covered with a nylon really helps to lessen unraveling/increased frizzing of my twist. So next time you wash, try covering your twist w/ a nylon to see if that works..

I wear twists for about 1-2 weeks then wear rinsed twist out ponies..and love it with cantu shea butter no more gel for me this stuff is great!!

Right now I am using shea butter to twist them. The ones in the back are very loose and the front/back are frizzy. I say that start frizzing by the end of day 2.

i have decided that i am in (for now) b/c i put in some twists last night and decided that i really like them.
whenever i twist my hair i always pull the left side back and pin it, so i thought why not just put in a couple of cornrows so i dont have to put metal pins in and have the chance of them getting caught in my hair and pulling. i will eventually add a photo.

I'm back from my vacation (well it's been a week, but I've just been lazy):look:

My plan is to wear my twists for a week and a twist out from M-F the next week. I plan to retwist on Saturdays. I might get some kinky twists towards the end of summer just so I make it to Sept. (we'll see).

here are my starting pics:

twists-061308.jpg

I just took down my first set of twists and will be going to wash in a while. I am not going to put back in small twists till probably next weekend. I'll be having a fun day for my birthday on Wednesday, going to the Baths on Virgin Gorda. Ever heard of such? It's beautiful.....see some pictures here http://search.live.com/images/results.aspx?q=the+baths+Virgin+Gorda&FORM=BIRE

So I'll braid or twist my hair big a few days before and loose it out on Wednesday. Then I'll wash and bun it the night for dinner and then do a flexirod set the weekend since I'm going out.

i just looked at the photo link for the baths on virgin gorda, IM SO JEALOUS...never heard of it but it is now officially on my list of places to go

Right now I am using shea butter to twist them. The ones in the back are very loose and the front/back are frizzy. I say that start frizzing by the end of day 2.

Do you twist on dry or damp hair? We have similar texture hair and I find that when I twist on dry hair it starts frizzing almost instantly. So I tend to twist on damp hair. Do you cover your hair at night? I've also found that pulling my hair back into a loose ponytail and covering w/ my satin moisture lock cap really helps to maintain my twist....

i have decided that i am in (for now) b/c i put in some twists last night and decided that i really like them.
whenever i twist my hair i always pull the left side back and pin it, so i thought why not just put in a couple of cornrows so i dont have to put metal pins in and have the chance of them getting caught in my hair and pulling. i will eventually add a photo.

YEAH!!! I'll add you to the list. Can't wait to see pics so that I can STEAL your style :grin:

I just took down my first set of twists and will be going to wash in a while. I am not going to put back in small twists till probably next weekend. I'll be having a fun day for my birthday on Wednesday, going to the Baths on Virgin Gorda. Ever heard of such? It's beautiful.....see some pictures here http://search.live.com/images/results.aspx?q=the+baths+Virgin+Gorda&FORM=BIRE

So I'll braid or twist my hair big a few days before and loose it out on Wednesday. Then I'll wash and bun it the night for dinner and then do a flexirod set the weekend since I'm going out.

Girl...I'm officially jealous. Can I come???

I can't wait to see your birthday hairdo. Mine is on the 27th, and I am trying to decide what I want my hair to look like on my big day :grin:

PS..How did the twistouts looks from your small twists???

I'm back from my vacation (well it's been a week, but I've just been lazy):look:

My plan is to wear my twists for a week and a twist out from M-F the next week. I plan to retwist on Saturdays. I might get some kinky twists towards the end of summer just so I make it to Sept. (we'll see).

here are my starting pics:

twists-061308.jpg

Welcome back..Thanks for posting pics. I like your plan. I'm basically doing something similar. Can't wait to see our growth come Sept :)

Girl...I'm officially jealous. Can I come???

I can't wait to see your birthday hairdo. Mine is on the 27th, and I am trying to decide what I want my hair to look like on my big day :grin:

PS..How did the twistouts looks from your small twists???

Nothing to brag about but I believe that was because I was finger combing as I unraveled each twist.

Can I join... I just took out my braids and after viewing Sera25 Fotki I'm copying her method to retain length

So I'm twisting my hair and keeping the twist in for 2 weeks.. wearing twist out for 2 days.. then repeat until December....

Back