Anyone Here Relax at 8 weeks or under?

I go for 8 weeks as well. 9 if I cant get an appmnt at the hair shop. Its getting easier to go longer as I have found what styles/products work best when its around that time...

I wonder if hair thickness has anything to do with how long you stretch....

locabouthair said:
do you use a big tooth comb for your hair? that heps me. also s curl is good at softening your roots.

I use the jilbere shower comb in the shower and then follow up w/ the Denman to comb my leave in cond and oils through. I used s-curl as well on my roots and it does make a difference, but I still lost way too much hair for my liking.
My natural hair is very kinky/coily/nappy and dense. The difference between textures is too hard for me to manipulate w/o damage. I think I'm going to do as the ladies here have suggested and listen to my hair, take and week by week and see what it needs.

LadyJ76 said:
I use the jilbere shower comb in the shower and then follow up w/ the Denman to comb my leave in cond and oils through. I used s-curl as well on my roots and it does make a difference, but I still lost way too much hair for my liking.
My natural hair is very kinky/coily/nappy and dense. The difference between textures is too hard for me to manipulate w/o damage. I think I'm going to do as the ladies here have suggested and listen to my hair, take and week by week and see what it needs.

I have been managing to stretch for 10 weeks the last 2 go-rounds. I think what helped towards the end of my stretch is doing one of the heavy aphogee protein treatments when the shedding started up around week 7-8. You can check out my fotki and see if you think your hair is similar to mine as I have a pic of a butt load of new growth taken. A lot of women show pics of their smooth wavy 4a edges as new growth shots, but this is a pic of the crown in its natural airdried state. There is a huge difference between my relaxed hair and new growth, and I manage to manipulate without damage using proteins to fortify that demarcation line.

Back