Anyone go from natural to relaxed ......

determine3

Is there anyone out there that went from natural to relaxed and never looked back? It seems that I can only find negative feedback. I'm natural right now, cut off my hair about a year ago because my hair was lifeless (this was b4 i knew anything about haircare) but always planned to relax after a certain point of growth. I honestly don't like my hair natural, i think my hair type is 6BB :lol: .

Please, there must be SOMEBODY out there that doesn't regret relaxing. Where are you????????:ohwell:

I was natural all my life until sometime my senior year of high school. I relaxed a few more times in college then went natural again for a few years. I relaxed again a few years ago and I don't regret it. Except on touch-up day because I can't trust anyone but me and self relaxing is a pain.

Yay!! Thanks ladies.
So i'm assuming you mean you didn't hav problems with extreme breakage or anything else? What made you relax?

What made me relax was that I couldn't do anything that I liked with my natural hair. The texture is very coily/wiry, I didn't care for it at all. I didn't suffer any unusual breakage or damage other than on the areas that were already damaged from double processing before w/texturizers and permanent colors.

Now I use Henna to color my hair and have had nothing but improvements since relaxing.

What made me relax was that I couldn't do anything that I liked with my natural hair. The texture is very coily/wiry, I didn't care for it at all.

sounds like we have a lot in common! BTW- your hair is beautiful.. I was just checking out your pics.:)

determine3 said:
sounds like we have a lot in common! BTW- your hair is beautiful.. I was just checking out your pics.:)

Thank you very much!! I'm working to implement all that I've learned from the Ladies here to make this hair better in 2006. It's working! :yay:

Back