Anyone else frustrated with hair growth?

jamaicalovely

Anyone else experiencing hair growing out and not down?

I took my weave down yesterday for a mini break before my curly hair install next week. I feel like my hair has been the same length for 2 months. I know its growing, but I'm not getting the length I anticipated. My goal is to be at least full NL by Dec. At the rate I'm going, it seems I'll just have a thick bob.

This is so frustrating. Sometimes I get tempted to go back to my short styles. :wallbash:

Feel free to check out my fotki to see what I mean. I doubt if I'll post pic of my hair today. Not much difference from my April update pic.

If you have experienced this, please post pics or direct us to your fotki. *Don't forget to give pw.

I feel the same way...I trying to think back to my very first regimen when my hair grew like a weed. I wonder what I'm not doing now, that I did do in the beginning. It really does get discouraging.:perplexed

My hair does this. I stop doing length checks later on bc even tho I have more NG the length stays the same if not shorter. My braider actually asked me if I cut my hair (I was 9 weeks post) and I was like no but when she started she said it was bc I had a lot of NG. If you have more NG and are retaining everything you are definitely getting growth so keep doing what you're doing if it's working

I have stopped focusing on length for this reason and started focusing on health. I figure the length will come if I just take care of it. I don't plan to do regular length checks anymore.

I'm not frustrated but puzzled, it seems the longer my hair gets the thinner it gets and I don't know why this is happening :nono:.

I had the same issues, too. My hair does not seem to make a lot of progress in 1-2 month intervals. I usually have to go for 4-6 month intervals to see any change. For me, I learned that doing a length check too soon could be very discouraging, especially when there are ladies here on the board who gain length and have great progress after 1 month. I tend to see really good progress at around 9 months. It's a long time, but it is worth it when you do gain some length.

Hang in there.

I'm not frustrated but puzzled, it seems the longer my hair gets the thinner it gets and I don't know why this is happening :nono:.

My hair is doing the same thing. A new stylist I went to today looked at my hair from about 7 feet away and told me I needed a trim. My ends do look thin but I want to keep my length. What do I do?

Back