Any Relaxed Heads Using Wen?

Chrismiss

I haven't experienced hair loss. In fact, I think because of the increased moisture, I lose significantly less than I used to. I noticed that white customers on qvc and the Wen fb page complain of hair loss. I'm convinced that because of our (lhcfers) knowledge about moisture/protein balance, we haven't had this experience, by and large.

sunnieb

onelockatatime - WEN has been nothing but excellent for my hair.

I originally planned to use it occasionally, but my hair's condition improved so much, that I dumped all of my other cowash conditioners and use WEN exclusively.

WEN Fig is essential to getting me through long relaxer stretches. It keeps my newgrowth hydrated, moisturized and soft.

I haven't experienced any hair loss with this product. However, if you try it and see increased hair loss, stop using it immediately. Not all products work for everyone.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I totally love Wen...I used the Sweet Almond Mint condish, Remoist and styling gel. Love that stuff. I recently bought the mango condish. The scent is amazing! My hair loves it!

sunnieb

Just cowashed with WEN Fig tonight and still lovin' it!

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

sunnieb

Cowashed with the last of my WEN Pomegranate tonight. It melted my newgrowth just like the Fig! I also opened up my Summer Mango Coconut so it can "breath" and be ready for my cowash on Friday. :yep:

mshoneyfly

Anyone use the Tea Tree scent?

I got this one for my daughter and her itchy scalp. She only used it once before going into Senegalese Twists and going back to college and she loved it!! It also smells really good

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

sunnieb

Cowashed with Summer Mango Coconut last night and my hair is stil holding the scent.

I might have to buy a big bottle of this flavor! :yep:

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

starfish

I love Wen and what it does to my hair but I think I may be allergic to it. I signed up to receive automatic seasonal shipments and I was fine with pumpkin spice & winter vanilla mint, but after using 613 and spring gardenia my scalp itches like I have lice about 2 days after I use it. I cannot even explain that itch and the flakes on my scalp. The last time I used spring gardenia last Thursday by Saturday morning my scalp had that lice itch and tons of flakes.

I went back to using AO GBP shampoo but maybe the product is too much for my scalp? Use shampoo and use Wen sparingly? Any suggestions?

Chrismiss

I posted this in another thread to day: Im 15 weeks post right now and will be relaxing next week. I used Wen from the time I relaxed through present and I tell ya'all, I didn't even think about a retouch until last week because my hair was/is so manageable. Really, the only reason Im getting a retouch next week is because Im going to Vegas next weekend. Otherwise, I would keep rolling.
I need to really get back with the Wen Fig. For some reason when I used it my hair just felt blah. I finished up a bottle of Winter Vanilla Mint, which carried me through from Jan. to about two weeks ago. I started the Gardenia Green Tea and, I know some of the ladies here love it, but it's just not doing for me what WVM did. I'm gonna keep using it though. Luckily I have another bottle of WVM as well as 619, FGP, Fig and Summer Mango. The SGGT scent doesnt last like the others. I guess I should be posting this in the "Relaxed Heads Using Wen" thread.

Chrismiss

I love Wen and what it does to my hair but I think I may be allergic to it. I signed up to receive automatic seasonal shipments and I was fine with pumpkin spice & winter vanilla mint, but after using 613 and spring gardenia my scalp itches like I have lice about 2 days after I use it. I cannot even explain that itch and the flakes on my scalp. The last time I used spring gardenia last Thursday by Saturday morning my scalp had that lice itch and tons of flakes.

I went back to using AO GBP shampoo but maybe the product is too much for my scalp? Use shampoo and use Wen sparingly? Any suggestions?

You could very well be allergic...many users on other forums have complainned of allegic reactions but it is usually with the non seasonal scents due to those scents having gluten in them. Do you have a gluten allergy? Could it be anything else that you are using? You may want to try clarifying one week, to ensure that your scalp is free of any other product, then try Wen. If the itchy scratchies return then you know the Wen is the culprit.

ajenee

Hi ladies, I was thinking of ordering thru GR because they have a good intro price of 30.00 and that includes a small bottle of 613. I was hoping someone would recommend the best scent to try. They are offering sweet almond mint, lavender, pomegranate or spring gardenia . I read this whole thread and it seems like lavender or pomegranate are faves. Thanks in advance

AmiJay

ajenee, I started off with Fig but fell in love with lav. I ordered through GR and QVC and I recommend catching a sale on QVC. GR sent me a box and took the money out of my account even though I'd canceled.

blessedandlucky

checking in about my wen experience. i just used wen sweet almond mint for the second time on sunday. i used it once last year after i took out braids and it left my hair a tangled mess. i'm not sure what happened. my mom used it for awhile, but concluded that it wrecked her hair, so she hasn't used it since. i was home this weekend and needed to wash my hair and saw that she still had it. i decided to try again. i'm glad that i did. i had wonderful results. i can't even believe it. it melted my new growth - it's so soft and moisturized, which is nothing short of amazing. i struggle each month to keep it moisturized. everything sits on top of it, but nothing seems to penetrate.

i didn't use it as directed - meaning that i used a shampoo first - ojon hydrating shampoo because i wanted to ensure i got some silicones and oils out from the previous week. i then used it as directed on the bottle. i think i will continue to use it with shampoo because i'm concerned about silicone buildup over time. i'm also concerned about all of the reports of hair loss, so i will be monitoring my hair closely. i did notice that my hair detangled very easily and i barely lost any hair during the process. my hair is salon fresh and i'm almost 8 weeks post. it's nothing short of amazing. my mom commented on how soft and bouncy my hair. i'm going to use this for the next few months and if the results continue, this will be my go to! hope it works out...

also, i used hair one from sally's last year and it just left my hair feeling coated. :perplexed

Last edited:

blessedandlucky

one more thing - this thread was started in 2011. has anyone experienced any hair loss or adverse effects with wen if you've been using it for awhile?

sunnieb

one more thing - this thread was started in 2011. has anyone experienced any hair loss or adverse effects with wen if you've been using it for awhile?

blessedandlucky I think I've used wen since the fall of 2011.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with all the flavors. Be sure you use as directed, however, don't continue using this if you are having adverse effects. Your hair health isn't worth it.

fatimablush

she said that she used it a week after getting her relaxer and it made her hair feel like she didn't get a relaxer at all.

all she does is wash, conditioner, apply leave in conditioner and roller set. she only uses her electric rollers rarely. she used optimum relaxer, left on for the amount of time required for her hair. took the rollers out and heard all of this yelling...all the way toward my house...she is not happy. she has the pomengrante.

Last edited:

Jewell

Pretty sure I posted here due to the date of the OP, but I wanted to update as I think I was natural during the time this thread was created. I use WEN-similar products as WEN is too darn expensive for me. I am heavy-handed with conditioner, and at those prices, I would go broke. I use Lisa Rachel and RenPure Solution Cleansing Conditioners. Haven't tried HairOne yet, but will do so on my next haul. Love, love, love cleansing conditioners.

fatimablush

There is no such thing as "stripping a relaxer." Relaxers change actual internal bonds of hair, permanently. That is why you have to grow it out to get rid of it. I think likely her hair was not fully processed and it looked like it was due to the roller set. Then, when she washed, the texture became apparent. I have had this happen to me numerous times after a salon relaxer under processed me. They roller set so it looks straight and silky, but when you wash it, you see the spots they didn't process correctly!! :ohwell:

AmiJay

Does GR stand for Guthy-Renker? If so, they are GOOD FOR THAT taking money when you have cancelled. I was a member of Principal Secret for a while, called to cancel, and they sent me $105 worth of product and took the money from my acct. So I kept the product and resold some. But I will never do business with them again, I recommend QVC though.

Last edited:

KaramelDiva1978

I too am a relaxed head using Wen. I just ordered the Summer Mango after being on auto ship and using the Fig, WVM and Ginger Pumpkin. I've loved them all and my hair has been thriving and I'm looking forward to wonderful effects of Summer Mango. I've heard so many positive reviews and I'm sure I'll feel like everyone else and be upset that it won't be available after this summer. I may have to hit up QVC at least two more times for some SM in stock.