Any naturals here wetting their hair daily or almost daily?

I was until you all convinced me to try a roller wrap. Now I wet it roughly once every 3 days. When I wet it a lot, I never had a problem with breakage (I just had horrible styles). I've been transitioning for 2.5 years.

I usually dampen my hair daily with water and conditioner mixed in a spray bottle then I moisturize with something light like Giovanni D. or Karen's hair milk or something and seal with oil. My curls hold up will like this.

I only co-wash once a week and usually never rinse or anything in between because I don't want to mess up my curl definition or rinse all my moisture out.

I rinse my hair every morning in the shower. My hair doesn't tangle and stays really moisturized. It loves water :yep:

ha.. yes. Unless my hair is flat ironed straight, you better believe i am wetting it to style it on a day to day basis. I rinse the conditioner out in the morning in the sink, wring excess water, apply more conditioner, and bun up for work. When i get home, i re wet my hair in the sink, do a quick co wash, rinse, wring out, put more conditioner in, and re style ( i have to bun everyday for work, so sometimes when i go out and about i wear it down)

My hair cant be combed when dry, let alone styled.

My hair always has conditioner in it at all times. It loves it.

What she said. I have to wet every blessed day. 2nd day hair? What's that?

How often are you wetting your hair nowadays? Are you conditioner-washing or rinsing your hair on a daily basis? If so, why?

I wet my hair for the past 3 days in a row and my hair was so much easierto get into my daily bun :yep: What I usually do is use a spray bottle filled with Giovanni Direct and water to spray my hair down with in the morning and pull it back into a bun. But the past couple of days when I showered, I rinsed my hair thoroughly with water, then while soaking wet adding in the GD, and finished it off quickly with a little coconut oil.

My hair felt sooo good and was easy to put into my bun with my scrunchie (also did this while in the shower).

***I am beginning to think my hair my needs to be RINSED more often...that it needs to be fully WATERED DOWN in order to get it into a bun daily without too much "resistance" from my hair. :look: My spray bottle works pretty well, but it seems like I have SUCH an easier time getting it into a bun if I do it in the shower with it all wet (like I do on wash day).

I cowash twice a day EVERY day. And I feel gross if I don't. My hair and scalp need WATER and lots of conditioner.

Just started wetting my hair daily. My hair is softer when I moisturize it with water, while in the shower. During the day, I'll stop by the bathroom at work, and re-wet my hair a little as well. Just something I started doing because I just wanted to... :look:

me~:rolleyes:

I bc'd on Saturday and I've cowashed and airdried it everyday since....I'm glad its warm....I don't know what I'll do come winter....brrrrrrrrr..I certainly wouldn't want icicles hanging from my ends

Last edited:
I like your hair btw, very pretty.
But I wet/dampen my hair at some point everyday. It will dry in a bun or twistout during the course of my workday, but I rarely go to bed with it dry now. It's been that way for about 6 months since I decided to get back on the hair growing wagon. It's just one of the methods I picked up from LHCF members. I use aloe vera, shea butter, coconut oil:lick:, and sparingly S-curl; one or all of these depending on what I am doing with my hair. And of course water.

I tried this, but it didn't work out for my 4ab, mostly b hair. I wash every 3 weeks now with daily scalp massages.

I love cowashing my hair everyday because it really curbs my breakage but but my 4b hair is way too tangly and it doesn't do anything for me moisture wise.

I do find it annoying that I have to wet my hair daily for it to look good. :ohwell: Can someone tell me how to rinse twists and not get them fuzzy? That would be very helpful.

Back