Allandra

:wink2: Thanks! Love your hair too! I want to hear what she has to say on this because so many say you can't use any oil to flat iron hair which has me scurred...

:wink2: Thanks! Love your hair too! I want to hear what she has to say on this because so many say you can't use any oil to flat iron hair which has me scurred...

Me too but I just read this thread http://longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=258561&page=2. SVT and Iris have great hair too and do this hmmmmmm.

However, I read online that coconut oil has a flash point of 350 :perplexed. The flash point is supposed to be when the oil starts to break down.

Buuuuuttt lol in the past I have flat ironed with castor oil and the world didnt end sooooo....

IDK lol

Hm, I've never use Coconut Oil BEFORE flat ironing, I've used it after and it really smoothed the hair down nicely. Hm, shtow I think you need to be out guinea pig :yep: LOL. I've used castor oil to flat iron, that came out pretty great.

Grapeseed Oil has one of the highest flash points at 420F and produces less smoke than other oils. Unrefined Coconut Oil has a flash point of 350F, which is higher than Olive Oil at 320F.

Hm, I've never use Coconut Oil BEFORE flat ironing, I've used it after and it really smoothed the hair down nicely. Hm, shtow I think you need to be out guinea pig :yep: LOL. I've used castor oil to flat iron, that came out pretty great.

Maybe I will

:grin::grin::grin:

I only use oil to flat iron and have been doing so for the past couple of years with no problems. I can't use silicones at all. Coconut oil works well. I've also used HV Cocasta oil. I've read that meadowfoam seed oil is really great to use for flat ironing, but I haven't tried it yet. I keep my iron at 300 or below, and I also only flat iron on occasion. So far, so good.

Back