Advice needed!

tri3nity

Hello ladies! I am thrilled to be a part of LHCF! I found out about it when I was looking for some healthy hair tips online to combat all of the shedding & thinning I've been having. After reading several post & seeing all of the success stories I decided to join up! Here is what I've purchased & my hair care regimen.
Avalon - Lavendar Nourishing,Olive & Grape Seed moisturizing,Lemon & Shea clarifying, Giovanni organic styling mousse,Aphogee leave in, Shea moisture - Hair & Scalp serum & scalp moisturizer, Henna & placenta mask,
EVOO. Vitamins - biotin, evening primrose, MSM pills, flaxseed oil to add to my muti-vitamin and I ordered sulfur at my pharmacist, will need help with a mix please!
My hair care regimen will be as follows....
Week 1 - After relaxer - protein
Week 4 - Clarify with a moisturizing deep conditioner
Week 7 - Henna
Week 8 - Relaxer
adding honey & evoo to each deep condition the weeks in between
Any suggestions - additions or deletions?
(sorry for the long post)

Hello ladies! I am thrilled to be a part of LHCF! I found out about it when I was looking for some healthy hair tips online to combat all of the shedding & thinning *if the shedding and thinning are abnormal then you may want to consult a doctor to rule out illness; if that is not the issue then incorporate garlic pills and/or conditioner for the shedding and castor oil/Jamaican Black Castor oil for the thinning particularly if it is occurring at the hairline and nape* I've been having. After reading several post & seeing all of the success stories I decided to join up! Here is what I've purchased & my hair care regimen.
Avalon - Lavendar Nourishing,Olive & Grape Seed moisturizing,Lemon & Shea clarifying, Giovanni organic styling mousse,Aphogee leave in, Shea moisture - Hair & Scalp serum & scalp moisturizer, Henna & placenta mask,
EVOO. Vitamins - biotin, evening primrose, MSM pills, * please read this thread regarding biotin and msm to make sure you are well prepared for any side effects related to taking biotin or msm; I do not take evening primrose so I am not aware of any issues it may present* flaxseed oil to add to my muti-vitamin and I ordered sulfur at my pharmacist, will need help with a mix please!
My hair care regimen will be as follows....
Week 1 - After relaxer - protein * make sure this is a light to medium protein and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner*
Week 4 - Clarify with a moisturizing deep conditioner
Week 7 - Henna
Week 8 - Relaxer
adding honey & evoo to each deep condition the weeks in between *good idea*
Any suggestions - additions or deletions?
(sorry for the long post)

*my additions in red* Hopefully what I have added can assist you and the other ladies of LHCF will give helpful information as well. Welcome to LHCF!

Thank you Americka. The thinning began a few years ago. It comes and goes and is only at my crown. Maybe a will see a doctor. What is your suggestion to a medium to light protein treatment? Will a mayo and avocado mix do it? And I will read the thread about the side effects of biotin and msm now! didnt know about that.

Thank you Americka. The thinning began a few years ago. It comes and goes and is only at my crown. Maybe a will see a doctor. What is your suggestion to a medium to light protein treatment? Will a mayo and avocado mix do it? And I will read the thread about the side effects of biotin and msm now! didnt know about that.

Please read! Always read! What works for one does not always work for all and you need to be aware of what effects certain products or supplements may have. The search tool in the upper right hand corner is your friend. :yep:

Medium to light proteins:

I'm not sure about mayo and avocado together. Hopefully someone else can chime in on that one. I do know that mayo is considered a protein, although it has a very small amount of protein listed in its nutritional value. I have used it in an egg/mayo/conditioner protein treatment. :lick:

Remember to read, read, and read so more. Any questions - just let us know!! :grin:

Welcome! There's a lot of info to sift through here -- take your time, and check out the stickies at the top of the forum for starting points :lol:

Thanks for the welcome inthemix, isabella & Black Cardinal! It is alot of information and I've found alot of helpful tips in the past couple of weeks that I've been reading. I did my first Avocado egg treatment today. I'm letting the moisturizing conditioner sit now. Can't wait to see how it comes out. So far not too much shedding when I combed through my hair to apply the conditioner. I did a garlic & evoo pre-treatment from a thread that I read about on yesterday.

Well so far so good! I don't know what did it since I combined many treatments into one day but my hair feels very strong and it is very "glossy" without my Design Essentials serum. BSL here I come!

Thanks Sharifeh! So about the Henna. Do you think maybe I should remove it and just do the protein treatment post-relaxer? I really just added it because I see that some swear by it here.

Back