Advice needed...to relax or not to relax

belletropjolie

I wanted to get some feedback as to whether or not to relax my hair.

My last relaxer was December 7th (mind you the last relaxer was VERY underprocessed) and I installed a weave December 30th.

I took out my weave this weekend (OMG What a massive ton of shedding:nono:) and did an egg protein treatment then flat ironed.

I am trying to decide whether to wait the standard 2 weeks then relax and then wait another 2 weeks for a new install. I am inclined to skip relaxing and just get a new install. My concern is stretching my relaxer for so long. I had setbacks last year including breakage at the line of demarcation. I am concerned that stretching so long will cause another setback. On the other hand, I feel like I would be wasting a relaxer since I'm just going to get another weave.

Any thoughts or advice? Should the benefits of stretching out weigh the risk of breakage (can you even experience breakage if the hair is weaved up??)

TokyoReina

I'd skip the relaxer. Your hair is going to be braided and shouldn't be experiencing breakage while it's weaved up. You wouldn't be manipulating it. Are you getting the traditional sew in? I realized awhile go my hair didn't like them. It always felt thin afterwards. So I switched over to the u-part thing.

belletropjolie

I'd skip the relaxer. Your hair is going to be braided and shouldn't be experiencing breakage while it's weaved up. You wouldn't be manipulating it. Are you getting the traditional sew in? I realized awhile go my hair didn't like them. It always felt thin afterwards. So I switched over to the u-part thing.

Thanks for the bumping you guys!

And yes TokyoReina I'm getting a traditional sew in with leave out at the perimeter.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
Well you kept the sew in for 2 months, you should expect a massive ton of shed hair.

If you're going to get another sew in, don't relax. What would be the point?

Dposh167

Just get the sew in
Care for ur hair underneath
When u take it out wait 2 weeks
Then relax
Bada bing..bada boom
You will have a good amount of growth then

TeeMBL

Lurker
Whatever you decide to do, be careful when removing the tracks. I'm sure your hair will be extremely fragile at the demarcation line, and unmatting hair after a sew-in can be an arduous task. Be sure to be extra patient and careful, but I wouldn't relax and then re-install.