about 2 self (virgin) relax hair HELP!

Innocent_Kiss

I'm using Revlon Realistic Lye Relaxer in Mild. I was told to rinse out with a non-alkaline shampoo like Cream of Nature. Would Dark and Lovely Moisture Seal 3-in-1 Conditioning Shampoo (purple bottle) suffice?

Miss AJ

Please please PLEASE use a neutralizing shampoo. They have the correct ph level to stop the relaxing process. When I was relaxed I liked ORS Creamy Aloe and Profectiv Neutralizing Shampoo Mousse.

skipper

spend the money and get a neutralizing shampoo with a color alarm, its much better to be safe than sorry. good luck :)

ajoyfuljoy

Oh my gosh girl PLEASE go get a neutralizing shampoo! Just because you have rinsed the visible relaxer out doesn't mean that the hair isn't still being affected on the molecular level. Remember this is a chemical process and something has to come and halt the chemical reaction that is making the hair become straight. That is where the neutralizer kicks in. Please go get some!

brownelovely

Personally, I'd research a professional to do a virgin relaxer but that's just my 2 cents. I know you didn't ask that but, yeah.

Further more, I agree with everything ^^^they said. Neutralizing that relaxer is important.

sweetpuff

neutralizing shampoo and wash MANY TIMES. leave the shampoo in your hair for a couple of minutes (5-10). then wash. then repeat.

I used to self-relax. I used motions neutralizing shampoo and I'd wash 4 times minimum.

Miss AJ

Lye relaxers don't come in a kit because they are meanr for salon use. You have to buy everything separately.

Like already stated, use a neutralizing shampoo with a color alarm multiple times.

After a few initial washes with it, you'll want to leave the shampoo in for 10 minutes so it can get any relaxer remnants that are deep within your hair strands.

The profectiv mouse one's good and has color alarm i believe.

aymone

Definetely use a neutralizing shampoo that's a relaxer must but if you have virgin hair I think it would be money well spent to find a great salon to go there is nothing more devastating than loosing your hair and the damage can last for years. You don't have any Dominican salon near you??? Also make sure you know your hair texture if you insist on doing it yourself and I wold recommend Profectiv relaxer for a first try or ORS!

*Muffin*

I concur with the ladies above. Use a neutralizing shampoo! I once tried just neutralizing my hair with vinegar and conditioner after a relaxer, and let me tell you after a couple of days my hair felt so weird I can't even explain it. Had to go back and neutralize it properly. If you're going to do it, do it the RIGHT way, lol. Follow the instructions for your hair type on the box, and things should go all right. My hair never gets bone straight. It maintains a slight wave, but that's fine with me.