A Natural Hair Relaxer

Oh my goodness. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Hey fanatic let me ask you something. This is one of their "before" shots.

boymwbefore.jpg

And this is the after shot:

boymwafter.jpg

Is it just me or is the before picture better than the after? I swear girl, I have never seen that before. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

lol...sorry i just had to put my two cents in /images/graemlins/lick.gif the before picture looks way better than the after. If that was supposed to be a selling technique, they'd better fire their promoter. He looks jacked up in the second pic. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Aww Hell no!! You trying to make a girl fall off her work chair. Those after pictures looked jacked up to me. And it's not just once but twice. /images/graemlins/nono.gif They should have left it alone.

I need to know what's in it, the keep using the term "all natural" ingredients well what are they??

This curlex crap sounds like a defrizzing balm. Notice it works with heat and "disappears" into the hair. Shoot someone with curly hair could get the same results with vaseline and a hot blowdryer!
<font color="red"> *I'm not gonna tell y'all that I used to do that in middle school, nope not gonna tell y'all that!* /images/graemlins/wasntme.gif </font>

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Is it just me or is the before picture better than the after? I swear girl, I have never seen that before.

[/ QUOTE ]

BrightEyes,

Exactly! I thought the same thing. To me all of the "after" photos have the everyone's hair looking DRYER than it was before they put it in. I can't believe they even got an African American woman to try that mess. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

This curlex crap sounds like a defrizzing balm. Notice it works with heat and "disappears" into the hair. Shoot someone with curly hair could get the same results with vaseline and a hot blowdryer!
*I'm not gonna tell y'all that I used to do that in middle school, nope not gonna tell y'all that!*

[/ QUOTE ]

ms_kenesha,

Looking at the photos that's the same thing I thought, a defrizzing product. Can you believe they want $20 something dollars for it? I can get way better results with the KMS Flat Out Relaxing Balm. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Vaseline and a blowdryer?....you may be on to something. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The vaseline and a blowdryer really does work. My friend from middle school who was Puerto Rican used that to blow out her hair. So I asked her one day what did she use to make her hair so straight and shiny and she said, "vaseline and a blowdryer". Maybe I should get jars of vaseline and re-label them as a natural hair relaxer that uses thermal energy to straighten hair and charge $20, too! Dumb companies trying to rip people off!! /images/graemlins/spank.gif

ms_kenesha said:
Maybe I should get jars of vaseline and re-label them as a natural hair relaxer that uses thermal energy to straighten hair and charge $20, too! Dumb companies trying to rip people off!! /images/graemlins/spank.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm just so skeptical of those so-called NaturaLaxers. /images/graemlins/down.gif Reminds me of the RIO &amp; COPA tragedies years ago.

Sindeee

Sindeee said:
I'm just so skeptical of those so-called NaturaLaxers. /images/graemlins/down.gif Reminds me of the RIO &amp; COPA tragedies years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right. You think people would have learned by now.

Folks should just get some Motions or Dudley's and stop playing. At least they list what's really in their relaxers. No double talking.

Hmmmm,

I am skeptical of this last pic. Are we sure that isn't some one who just had their hair tightly curled up like a roller set? To me that is what it looks like. But there are those hair types that look that way also.

The best "naturalaxer" I am using now is in my signature....henna!

hada

Crysdon, to me the after pic looks drier and so limp. Just IMO of course /images/graemlins/smile.gif They surely can't be proud of these after pics can they?

Well, all of them are "burnt up", but I tried to pick the best out of the group and I guess their best still looks bad. You're right, it does look drier.

It could be natural. Papain (from papaya) and bromelain (from pine apple) are both enzymes that break down protein. They use them in hair-inhibitors! So you could probably relax hair with either that or a similar enzyme.

But as the pictures shows that is probably not the way to go;) How come their hair gets lighter too?!! Major damage!

-Katrine

Back