A Hard C & G challenge. Don't join if you can't hang.

I know I'm late but I'M IN FOR THE MINI-CHALLENGE.

I will wear sew-ins for the next 6 months (I started Saturday) with only 2 day breaks.

Since I keep mine for 2 months. That means 3 sew-ins total. Hopefully that will get me to MBL!

Let's get it!

I took out my cornrows on Friday night. Saturday morning I did a ApHogee protein treatment and relaxed on Sunday. No burns! T-laxed! Rebraided with 8 large cornrows into a bun. I also incorporated Mook's nape growing technique. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=197345 I hate to have cornrows braided all the way to my nape. I usually get breakage and bumps from that.

Well, I incorporated BT into my regimen with my last set of box braids, which I did manage to keep in for three weeks. But, I was pushing it, they were looking ROUGH. Let's just say the BT worked for me. :grin:

Now I'm back to twists. Hope to hang on to these for two weeks, then back to box braids and BT again for three weeks again. I'm glad everyone else is doing good too! I think I have about 6 more months to go, but I'm loving it!! I did sneak a length check in, and my hair is officially longer than I ever remember it being, especially the nape. I'm so happy with my progress thus far!! :drunk:

I'm back on the challenge since three weeks ago, I'm wearing a weave however i'll be switching to cornrows under wig until Nov. I want to reach waistlength no later than this year. I'm using my growth aids Abundance scalp oil and Ayurveda growth tonic, my hair has grown out soo fast already, I also recently started a serious vitamin regimen.

I'm checking in for February. I put my hair in twists on Feb. 2. I plan on keeping them in until March 1. I'll redo my twists then.:yep:

Hey ladies, how r u? Actually , i only signed up for the 6 month challenge back in August so my time is up but its been so great to not have to worry about my hair that i'm still in the challenge until i'm ready to take these braids out! I must say, my hair is thriving very well and is really growing. The front is past my lip, the sides are past my chin and the back is past shoulder length! I'm happy and excited to continue on visualizing what I want and to continue with the happy growing! Hope everyone else hair is on the grow!!

I'm really close to SL!!!!!!

I want to take these braids down and relax so badly:nono:
It doesn't help that i have a tub of Mizani Butter Blend at home:nono:
i just relaxed about 6 weeks ago though,so this is a no-no.Its just that i had to put my braids back up so soon after i relaxed,and so i have been literally watching my hair grow from there. I despise straight roots in braids and i am glady they are growing out.

I'm really trying to stick it out...

I love playing in my ng however,so this helps.

What has also been REALLY helping is taking down a couple of rows for a few days.I'm not worried about anyone seeing because i can hide it pretty well,especially if it's in the back. I get to play in my hair and see what it feels like when i dc,and co-wash and use a leave in to tell how my hair is responding.

Anyone else battling temptation right now?

I'm really close to SL!!!!!!

I want to take these braids down and relax so badly:nono:
It doesn't help that i have a tub of Mizani Butter Blend at home:nono:
i just relaxed about 6 weeks ago though,so this is a no-no.Its just that i had to put my braids back up so soon after i relaxed,and so i have been literally watching my hair grow from there. I despise straight roots in braids and i am glady they are growing out.

I'm really trying to stick it out...

I love playing in my ng however,so this helps.

What has also been REALLY helping is taking down a couple of rows for a few days.I'm not worried about anyone seeing because i can hide it pretty well,especially if it's in the back. I get to play in my hair and see what it feels like when i dc,and co-wash and use a leave in to tell how my hair is responding.

Anyone else battling temptation right now?

I am!!!
I just did the BC and I'm enjoying my TWA so much so that I almost feel like not contnuing the challenge! But I am focused or at least try to be:look:
So I'll be putting braids on my hair on Friday by God's grace.....It doesn't help that my DH loves the TWA and would like to see me with it all the time! Temptations!!!!!!!!:ohwell:

Nope, I'm not tempted. The weather is not great right now so if I had to take care of my hair, it would be too much of a bother right now.

I am no my eleventh month. I am debating whether to keep going to 1.5 and maybe 2 years or take them out and enjoy my hair for a day or so when the year's up. My hair has made some strides from the unplanned BC of Feb 2007 so I might wear my hair out one day the week of Good Friday coz I will have the long weekend to re-braid it. (Yes, I don't plan on being out of braids longer than a couple of days. Even then, I'll probably just rock my boring ol' cornrows in front, puff in the back do.)

I know I did not officially join this thread to be a part of the challenge but I've been C & Ging since September but I'll say November because those braids were done so tight and wrong that I just gave up and didn't take care of my hair right while in them.

So to date, I am 2 months in braids and 2 months out of braids for the next 2 years. I'm in the middle of putting braids in myself (yes, sitting at work with a bun on top of my braids in the back :grin:). I DC and protective style it the 2 months out of braids in which my hair will be in cornrows under wigs. :yep: I'm ready to grow, Grow, GROW!

I haven't had a relaxer since Feb of 07 and now 1 year later, I'm contemplating doing a touchup whenever the mood hits me. I was going to wait until April, but I don't know why I need to punish myself. My hair is relatively healthy and it's not like it was/is breaking. I'll either wait a few more weeks when the weather gets better or do it whenever I have some free time on the weekend. What I intend to do is remove braids, wash, condition and apply Emergencee, air dry then flatiron. The following week or so I'll apply my Phyto Index II and see what happens from there. I don't know what to expect because I haven't worn braids for this long before, hopefully, it looks better than when I first got the braids put in.

yep still here and going great but the one temple is slow grow:blush:but my hair is growing i still deep con every week and use claudie hair revitalizer this stuff works:yep::yep:loveing the growth

checking in on the mini-challenge...i just started so im good...

im taking my sew in out the first week in April...a two day break...and the getting another one in...i want to play with my hair and straighten it to check growth BUT im not going to! i will RESIST THE URGE...August will be my reveal.

good luck ladies:drunk:

Checking in! I'm still on the year challenge. I'm currently wearing yarn braids. I made sure to use 100% acrylic yarn so hopefully it will not dry my hair out.

I'm in! I really want to give my hair rest from chemicals. I took my braids out yesterday and got it done today. I'm hoping that if I keep my hair braided and keep using my MN mix, I should have good growth within a year.:yep:

Tenny your braids are so pretty!
Now I'm itching to take these out and do something like yours!:grin:

ok ladies just an update, i started the 6 month challenge on August 22nd so my 6 months r offically over but i still have my hair in braids because its been nice to not do ANYTHING. I'm going to take them out on my vacation in april and still do protective styles and stuff lilke that but my hair has really flourished . as soon as i remove them i'll post pics for ya! hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there!!

Ok, after waiting 1 yr. I upped and gave myself a touchup.. It's been 5 days now.. I'll post pictures soon. And please tell me not to do that again because I had to get help relaxing it. I had about 5 inches of new growth, it was no joke. I then waited 3 days before relaxing because initially I wanted to relax right after removing the braids but I couldn’t differentiate between the relaxed part and the new growth because everything was the same texture.. Anyway, I washed, conditioned and flatiron so that I could see where the new growth ends and the relaxed hair begins. It was a chore..

Another thing, with all that new growth, wearing it out in public was rough. I looked like an unmade made for the 3 days. I'm glad that I decided to do the touchup in March because if I had waited until April, there's no way I would walk around rough like that, in public, for 3 days w/out a hat. Damn, glad I jumped ahead.

Please add me in for the 6 month challenge. I am currently in braids. I have been wearing my natural hair braided under wigs from January 2008 (no breaks) and I will add pics of my braids in my fotki tonight.

Last edited:
Hello all the challengers I'm almost at the end of my challenge , I want to encourage you to continue I'll stop in the middle of april I don't know if I will relax I will try the carmel treatment because my NG are not easy to manage I'm 34 weeks post I don't want to have breakage ....
I'll update my Fotki when I'll take my cornrows out in april ....
Cecilie . :spinning:

Hello all the challengers I'm almost at the end of my challenge , I want to encourage you to continue I'll stop in the middle of april I don't know if I will relax I will try the carmel treatment because my NG are not easy to manage I'm 34 weeks post I don't want to have breakage ....
I'll update my Fotki when I'll take my cornrows out in april ....
Cecilie . :spinning:

Cecilie, in addition to your a=caramel treatments, perhaps you could try using some protein treatment and deep condition often until and if you decide to relax. Good luck honey.

By the way everyone, I have pics of my braids in my fotki now - link in my siggy and no password needed.

Back