A Full Mass (Crown) Of Hair VS Length

LadyLolita

Hello all! I have been a member on this board for a few weeks and I really enjoy the hair talk.

I am currently 25 weeks pregnant and I have been experiencing a lot of new hair growth. I am currently doing my hair at home, and going to the salon for touch-ups and trims.

I am noticing that my hair is growing rapidly, but not getting longer, but fuller. It has definately grown a few inches since I became pregnant, but it's like I have more hair. Not necessarily thicker hair, but just a fuller mane. It's really noticeable when I put my hair up, the hair is way harder to manage and tame than it was before. It's more coarser, and there seems to be more hair.

Has anyone else experienced this? More "hair" more than length?

Hey LL, congrats on your pregnancy! I am 25 (maybe 26 *blank stare*) as well! I think I noticed more length first since I was shedding so much. I think that you will start to see your length soon enough. Are you wearing your hair up or down most of the time?

[ QUOTE ]
Leshia said:
Hey LL, congrats on your pregnancy! I am 25 (maybe 26 *blank stare*) as well! I think I noticed more length first since I was shedding so much. I think that you will start to see your length soon enough. Are you wearing your hair up or down most of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I have been wearing protective styles (mostly ponies and French rolls, up'dos). I am happy with the results so far because I have had had limp, flat, and thin hair before. Now it is volumous, and full. I haven't had this much hair on my head in a long time.

Have you seen any changes in your hair since you have been pregnant?

That would be me! Since I chopped, the hair is just coming out of nowhere! It's really full and thick. My mom always used to complain about me having too much hair when she used to style it, wait 'til she sees it now!
shocked.gif

pregnancy causes the shedding phase of hair to slow causing fuller thicker hair. by the end of both my pregnacies, i could barely do anything with my hair because it was so thick!
just don't panic when it starts shedding like crazy once the baby is born. thats normal too. the hormones that caused the extra growth/thickness drops off rapidly causing the shedding phase!

[ QUOTE ]
godzooki said:
pregnancy causes the shedding phase of hair to slow causing fuller thicker hair. by the end of both my pregnacies, i could barely do anything with my hair because it was so thick!

just don't panic when it starts shedding like crazy once the baby is born. thats normal too. the hormones that caused the extra growth/thickness drops off rapidly causing the shedding phase!

[/ QUOTE ]

I see! So I shouldn't get too used to my new fuller and thicker mane? It's going to be gone when I have the baby? Is there a way to keep the thickness and fullness?

LL, I noticed a lot of shedding initially, but I also have a thyroid condition that may have caused that. Right now, it's growing steadily. I want to say that it's thicker, but I have a lot of underprocessed hair (since it doesn't relax as easily) which is making it look thicker. Overall, it looks like more thickness and length, but we'll see...

It can. lots of women complain about how dull and icky their hair gets after having a baby (could also be lack of sleep!) My hair did go back to normal afterwards. I still miss those thick hair swinging days! I still have thick hair but not like when I was pregnant.

Back