4's & Affirm no lye

atlien

4\'s & Affirm no lye

Hey ladies,
Any 4's ever use Affirm no lye and receive spectacular results = shiny soft hair. Please let me know I was thinking about purchasing it. Thanks ladies.

Re: 4\'s & Affirm no lye

4b here and using Affirm Lye Mild with fantastic results -- the best in all the 20 years I've been relaxing my hair. I have NEVER received better results! Go for it. I switched from Design Essentials to Affirm on the recommendation of my cousin who also has 4b hair -- her hair has been looking so consistently nice that I asked what she was doing and she said Affirm girl. . . and I did!

[ QUOTE ]
Neroli said:
4b here and using Affirm Lye Mild with fantastic results -- the best in all the 20 years I've been relaxing my hair. I have NEVER received better results! Go for it. I switched from Design Essentials to Affirm on the recommendation of my cousin who also has 4b hair -- her hair has been looking so consistently nice that I asked what she was doing and she said Affirm girl. . . and I did!

[/ QUOTE ]

Errr, sorry, I thought you were asking about LYE. I have no experience with the no-lye. Sorry again, this is what happens when don't pay attention to what you are reading . . . .

lachen70.gif
You had me excited for a minute yeah the lye will have your hair looking the bomb but it irritates my scalp
frown.gif
. I don't know what to do
confused.gif

I've been using No-Lye relaxers forever. I hear so many people rave about the Lye relaxer. Should I wait until my hair is a little stronger before trying a Lye relaxer? Is the Lye relaxer stronger than the No-Lye relaxer?

Supposedly, from what I understand:

Lye: can be harsh for the scalp, but better for the hair
No-Lye: better for the scalp, but can be harsh for the hair

I think it depends what your hair and scalp prefer. I've used Affirm Fiberguard NO-LYE before and I had scalp irritation along with shedding. I currently use Affirm Lye Mild, with no problems. It depends on what works best for you and your hair.

Back