47 weeks post relaxer

Lilmama1011

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nxJh4Sdjo0s&feature=g-subs-u

Her hair looks amazing and so healthy. I didn't even know shea moisture had a color line. It's amazing how people can be so far in their relaxer stretch and still maneuver their hair so easily. I get to like 8 weeks and I'm scared to manipulate my hair, even make different parts to set my hair scares me (fearing my hair will break).

Caribbean ladies: Do yal say loosed your hair or loosen because she said it twice in this video...

Her hair is really pretty. I've been natural for a long time but from what I remember of the relaxer days at 47 weeks all of my relaxed hair would have broken off because of the difference in the two textures.

Gorgeous hair, lovely woman. Couldn't help but watch from beginning to end. Would have liked to see what her unstretched new growth looks like though. She's given me some hope and ideas for my 31 weeks post hair.

Wow, this is impressive. She's very pretty and her hair is beautiful. I'm 14 weeks post, can't imagine going another 33 weeks with the way my head is looking right now :lol:

It's not as bad as you think. I've only gotten two relaxers this year myself lol Miss617

Watch her videos! Her hair and its routine is impressive. She has it down to a science.

SuchaLady I will definitely be checking out the rest of her videos. I think I've only had two or three so far this year, and the most recent was only because I was getting married lol.

Miss617;19148939[B said:
]That's possible?[/B]! I would be so afraid of breakage.

Yes mam it is. Slyver did a 1 year stretch and her hair turned out beautifully. I must admit it take dedication to do that for the first time and be actually successful at it. Handling so much NG and 2 textures is no joke. I have gone 6months with ease but 1 year is pushing it for me.

Here's the link to Sylver's 1 year stretch
http://public.fotki.com/sylver2/relaxer-stretching-/6-months-relaxer-st/

But I believe the way I wear my hair and put the flexi rods in, it would have been better instead of trying to wear it out, if I stretch that long again my hair would always be put back

Last edited:
But I believe the way I the my hair and put the flexi rods in it would have been better instead of trying to wear it out, if I stretch that long again my hair would always be put back

Thats exactly how i did it for my six months stretch when i was relaxer and looking forward to doing it again when i relax again. I only saw my hair once per month to clarify DC and get a fresh looking weave. I did that even month for six months.

Yes mam it is. Slyver did a 1 year stretch and her hair turned out beautifully. I must admit it take dedication to do that for the first time and be actually successful at it. Handling so much NG and 2 textures is no joke. I have gone 6months with ease but 1 year is pushing it for me.

Here's the link to Sylver's 1 year stretch
http://public.fotki.com/sylver2/relaxer-stretching-/6-months-relaxer-st/

Wow, that's amazing. I've slowly gained more patience dealing with my hair, but I think managing two textures would be too difficult for me. I started taking MSM recently though, and I think I remember reading on here that it made NG softer. At least I think it was MSM. But these ladies are both very inspirational, maybe I'll actually see if I can make it to 6 months and go from there.

Back